Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Incompetent NSAC judge given ‘small break’, may judge UFC 216

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,075-1,434
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Why after 24 years are there judges in MMA like Adalaide Byrd who couldn’t tell you how to escape a Guillotine? Add in her hugely controversial boxing score for Canelo Alvarez over GGG and Byrd’s presence becomes something worse than baffling.

Jack de Menezes for the Independent reports that executive director of the Nevada Athletic State Commission Bob Bennett confirmed Byrd is currently subject to a “small break” in order to review her performance.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   9/19/17 2:09:11PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:3,388-2,395
Chips:
Personally I don't think a judge is truly qualified unless they are a former fighter, martial arts instructor or high level martial artist etc No offense to anyone out there but I feel that an untrained viewer's take on a fight is less than credible and in many cases fairly useless. You can learn a lot by being a "viewer" or "watcher" but it isn't the same as having actual training and/or actual experience in combat sports or martial arts etc

New prerequisite for being an MMA judge.....you must have credible and sufficient experience and/or training in combat sports and/or martial arts.

Most of the referees have experience and training.....but very few of the judges do. The only one I can think of off of the top of my head is Ricardo Almeida and I haven't seen him judge too many fights.

Many combat sports judges are completely inept. I see terrible scoring week after week after week.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #2   9/20/17 12:38:24AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,883-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
She is a very nice lady, after all

Post #3   9/20/17 5:17:27AM