Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Demetrious Johnson Issues Ray Borg Ultimatum For UFC 216

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,839-2,014
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dominant UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson is willing to give Ray Borg another crack at the title after “The TazMexican Devil” pulled out of their scheduled UFC 215 fight last weekend due to illness.

He’s just not willing to wait that long.

‘Mighty Mouse was all set to break Anderson Silva’s record for consecutive title defenses with 11, a number he could have already reached had Borg been healthy enough to make it to the fight. But Johnson isn’t going to get up in arms about it, and he recently told ESPN (via Bloody Elbow) that while cancellations like this happen in the fight game, he wants to fight Borg at October 7’s UFC 216 from Las Vegas:

Link

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   9/12/17 7:46:29PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Career:150-99
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
It would be awesome if they could get on 216 but it's already a stacked card with 12 fights so I'll be surprised if it happens this soon.

Post #2   9/12/17 7:59:11PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

It would be awesome if they could get on 216 but it's already a stacked card with 12 fights so I'll be surprised if it happens this soon.

It's not uncommon to have 13 fights and i hope they do. Ferguson vs Lee is for an Interim, DJ vs Borg will be a real belt. And 216 isn't exceptionally strong. I hope they make it happens for DJ's sake. And I'm a big Ray Borg fan.

Post #3   9/12/17 8:06:54PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:
If they could make it a baker's dozen with 13 fights that would be sweeet! But Johnson-Borg would have to be the main event which may have a better ppv drawing than Ferguson-Lee idk. Either way it's a great card imo with a lot of fighters I enjoy.

Post #4   9/12/17 8:27:35PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

If they could make it a baker's dozen with 13 fights that would be sweeet! But Johnson-Borg would have to be the main event which may have a better ppv drawing than Ferguson-Lee idk. Either way it's a great card imo with a lot of fighters I enjoy.

Well if they add Mighty Mouse vs Borg, a real Main, although it'll be the Co-Main most likely. They would be able to get rid of Walt Harris vs Mark Godbeer. That fight is on the PPV. That is complete BS.

They could put Lentz vs Will Brooks on over that fight. C'mon. And it wouldn't set well with the Casuals but I'm ac fan of Moraga and he's fighting a future Top 5 Magomed Bibulatov. But that fight is tucked away on FP along with another great MW fight Leites vs Tavares, well maybe not great but their both to 15+ material. And Lando vs Green is on the TV prelims but that'sv your it belongs really, but not below Walt Harris/Godbeer.

So let's hope we get MM vs Borg. Trust me!

Post #5   9/12/17 11:44:57PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Well it's official Mighty Mouse vs Borg Co-Main for UFC 216.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #6   9/13/17 1:50:22PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:
Good news! I wasn't much interested in that fight until I watched the Countdown show for 215.I too hope Borg wins but I find it doubtful. Mighty Mouse fights don't thrill me much since it seems nobody gives him much of a challenge.
I agree about the Godbeer-Harris match on main card especially since Werdum-Lewis is or was the co main. UFC must be wanting to make one of them a new contender.
I like the Page vs Eye match,Darriush-Dunham.and Vannata-Green as well. I hope Bobby can rebound with some flash-he really needs a win.

Post #7   9/13/17 6:17:01PM