Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Meets Rose Namajunas At UFC 217

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,737-1,971
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s Octagon return is set.

The UFC strawweight champ is set to defend her title for a sixth time against the No. 3-ranked Rose Namajunas at UFC 217 live on pay-per-view (PPV) from Madison Square Garden in New York City on November 4, 2017. It joins a UFC middleweight championship bout between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping as well:

Link

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   8/5/17 9:16:55AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,485-2,129
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Should be a great war.

Rose and Joanna alway bring it

Hope Rose can pull off the upset, I like her.

Post #2   8/5/17 10:03:25AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Should be a great war.

Same! But I think Joanna will be too much unfortunately.

I can't believe I've doubted her (Rose) in the past against a couple of other tough women. But JJ's just in that group of fighters that I won't pick against. Her, Mighty Mouse and Bones I think are the only 3 right now.

But War Rose!

Back when Rose was with Invicta and she pulled off that crazy flying armbar are tweeted her and told her she's got the SOTY in the bag. She's been following me ever since. Which is cool because I rarely ever tweet. I'm kinda more into FB atm.

Last edited 8/5/17 10:38AM server time by JLS
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   8/5/17 10:35:09AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,485-2,129
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Should be a great war.

I can't believe I've doubted her (Rose) in the past against a couple of other tough women. But JJ's just in that group of fighters that I won't pick against. Her, Mighty Mouse and Bones I think are the only 3 right now.

But War Rose!

Back when Rose was with Invicta and she pulled off that crazy flying armbar are tweeted her and told her she's got the SOTY in the bag. She's been following me ever since. Which is cool because I rarely ever tweet. I'm kinda more into FB atm.

Joanna should win, but Rose is creative, I think her style will give Joanna some problems. Joanna has faced mostly grapplers.

That's really cool of her.

Post #4   8/5/17 10:45:23AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Should be a great war.

But War Rose!

Joanna should win, but Rose is creative, I think her style will give Joanna some problems. Joanna has faced mostly grapplers.

That's really cool of her.

Yeah it is really cool of her. Her, Cruickshank, Mike Richmond and Kevin Lee all followed me.

And then when Lee got signed he stopped. But what do you expect from Lee. He's like the #1 local fighter i dislike. Not just because of that either. Need i say more.

Post #5   8/5/17 11:39:39AM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,777-2,658
Chips:
Damn they're pretty desperate in that division, huh?

Rose presents an interesting challenge because of her ground skills, but I don't know if she'll be able to get it there without eating a shit ton of punches from Joanna. Just a win over Waterson is all she needed. She just lost to Karolina but like I said, they are pretty desperate for girls for her to fight.

Post #6   8/6/17 1:26:25AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Rose presents an interesting challenge because of her ground skills, but I don't know if she'll be able to get it there without eating a shit ton of punches from Joanna. Just a win over Waterson is all she needed. She just lost to Karolina but like I said, they are pretty desperate for girls for her to fight.

JJ is running into the same issues as Mighty Mouse. Its new blood. That's about the only logic behind it.

Post #7   8/6/17 2:09:54AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,068-1,431
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I just don't see a universe in which Rose wins. It sucks because I, like everyone else is a fan of hers. JJ is just too well rounded and experienced to lose that belt IMO. Rose definitely could be champ but in the years to come. She is young, hungry, but far too green.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #8   8/6/17 3:24:55AM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,777-2,658
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by xdanish020

JJ is running into the same issues as Mighty Mouse. Its new blood. That's about the only logic behind it.

Yeah, I would have liked to see her win at least 2 fights in a row though. She is just coming off a loss to Karolina who loss to JJ decisively. I know styles make fights, but Rose isn't exactly the wrestler to get the fight where she wants it to be. Her striking is unorthodox but I just see her being a human punching bag for Joanna unless she can pull off a slick sub early.

Post #9   8/20/17 10:04:27PM