Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tyron Woodley responds to Dana White's UFC 214 criticism with threat, demand for public apology

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:4,814-2,654
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
UFC President Dana White better apologize to Tyron Woodley – or else.

That, in a nutshell, was the UFC welterweight champion’s response to White’s criticism of his performance during a unanimous-decision win over Demian Maia on Saturday at UFC 214 in Anaheim Calif.

Full Story

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   7/31/17 11:59:44PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,693-995
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Woodley needs to leak a photo of him snorting coke off a strippers tits or be accused of some kind of domestic battery so he can become more liked

Post #2   8/1/17 5:33:33AM   

TerrorofsesameST

Standup Guy

TerrorofsesameST Avatar

Career:1,677-1,096
Chips:
He deserves an apology. Woodley is the one in training camps, getting punched, stepping inside the cage to compete at the highest level. Dana isn't. Dana needs to just stfu about things like this he isn't the one out there swapping strikes, dripping blood, fighting to get back to his feet!! He sits cage side with his black suit on eating hot dogs. Woodley does come off as a "victim" at times but this time he has a legit argument, the UFC's biggest promoter going on the post fight presser talking this kind of shit about an elite athlete and his "god awful performance" 50-45 seems pretty dominant to me. I'm kind of curious to know what Woodley knows and would leak out. Hahaha, Ariel Helwani about popped a chubby when Tyron threw that one out there, "what's that supposed to mean? Care to elaborate?" What worries me though is this could backfire on T-Wood. Like he'll be headlining fight pass events now! Dana is just that petty.

Post #3   8/1/17 6:37:27AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,720-2,272
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
another reason on why Dana should just shut the F Up sometimes..first the dumb shit he was saying bout MM..but I really do hope Woodley leaks something out, fuck Dana right back..

Post #4   8/1/17 1:05:07PM   

whodat

The Dawrkness

whodat Avatar

Career:1,974-1,103
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Seems Woodley has already pulled back on this demand which is a shame because he definitely deserves a public apology from someone whose job it is to promote him.

Post #5   8/1/17 5:17:10PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,781-3,091
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
And making his Bellator debut..............

Post #6   8/1/17 6:12:41PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:4,994-3,017
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I will never understand why Dana would publicly bash one of his own champions, aside from satisfying need to be a petty bald idiot. It cannot possibly help them move more PPV units, it can only hurt.

Post #7   8/2/17 6:27:04AM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:1,952-1,215
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
So if you recall White blasted Silva for a similar performance against Maia, after which Silva went on to 5 of his best performances ever. Not saying this is a trend, or that lot's of fighters are motivated by public criticism, but I get it. When your least liked, 2nd lowest drawing champion gets an opponent he should easily finish, and then lays an egg for 5 rounds throwing the lowest number of strikes ever in a 5 round DEC, you can understand why Dana would say something. Yeah Dana's an idiot most of the time, but he's certainly honest with his critiques, so at least when he tires to sell you gold, and you get a pile of shit, he tells you afterwards "Hey, sorry for that pile of shit.". Hard to market someone who only competes to win and never to perform so I won't be surprised to see Woodley go the way of Fitch. Long story short though, I have no desire to ever watch another Woodley fight, and being that I still watch Jury fights (if only to see him lose), I just can't imagine Tyrone continuing in the UFC like this.

Post #8   8/2/17 1:47:15PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,781-3,091
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

So if you recall White blasted Silva for a similar performance against Maia, after which Silva went on to 5 of his best performances ever. Not saying this is a trend, or that lot's of fighters are motivated by public criticism, but I get it. When your least liked, 2nd lowest drawing champion gets an opponent he should easily finish, and then lays an egg for 5 rounds throwing the lowest number of strikes ever in a 5 round DEC, you can understand why Dana would say something. Yeah Dana's an idiot most of the time, but he's certainly honest with his critiques, so at least when he tires to sell you gold, and you get a pile of shit, he tells you afterwards "Hey, sorry for that pile of shit.". Hard to market someone who only competes to win and never to perform so I won't be surprised to see Woodley go the way of Fitch. Long story short though, I have no desire to ever watch another Woodley fight, and being that I still watch Jury fights (if only to see him lose), I just can't imagine Tyrone continuing in the UFC like this.

I'm still waiting for Dana to make up for that Silva Mia fight. He promised damn it!

Post #9   8/3/17 3:24:17PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,481-2,125
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
It was still way better than Anderson vs Maia, or GSP vs Jake for example

How did they expect the fight to play out... I was very confident that Maia wasn't going to strike and Woodley wasn't going to ground and pound.

And the rules and scoring rewards points and control, over effort to finish the fight and damage... so they encourage the fighters to play it safe...

Dana won't apologize. I wonder what he'll leak...

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #10   8/5/17 10:14:21AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,481-2,125
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

Hard to market someone who only competes to win and never to perform so I won't be surprised to see Woodley go the way of Fitch. Long story short though, I have no desire to ever watch another Woodley fight, and being that I still watch Jury fights (if only to see him lose), I just can't imagine Tyrone continuing in the UFC like this.

Lmao, They had no problems promoting GSP so that's not true.

Maia is boring as fuck and they promote him, and blame his opponents for his one-sided skill set...

Give Woodley an aggressive striker like Lawler, and see what happens.

If they want fighters to be aggressive and try to finish then they should change the scoring criteria to reward those attributes. It's super basic stuff. They don't want that though, because warriors are loved by the fans and can demand higher wages. They want cookie cutter fighters that they can bully and fire whenever they get too expensive... or Conor level stars that bring in more than they make...

Conor is a star because they gave him good stylistic match-ups. Hell. lets see him beat Khabib. If they fed Woodley good stylistic match-ups he could rack up a badass HL reel too

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   8/5/17 10:35:08AM