Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC On Fox 25 Results: Winners, Bonuses, Highlights, Attendance, Gate For Weidman Vs. Gastelum Card

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,839-2,014
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
In the main event of UFC on Fox from his hometown of Long Island, NY, Weidman shook off a first-round knockdown to secure a third-round submission win over the red-hot Kelvin Gastelum. The victory snapped Weidman's three-fight losing streak and puts him back into a favorable position in the UFC middleweight rankings.

Performance Bonuses - Junior Albini & Alex Oliveira

Fight of The Night Bonus - Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs Lyman Good

Link

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   7/23/17 1:51:31PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,876-3,226
Chips:
I feel great for Weidman, and it was still a decent showing by Kelvin. Kelvin was a bit small in there and out worked because of it. Hopefully Kelvin takes the drop back down to WW the right way because at his age and experience he still has a LOT to offer.

Post #2   7/24/17 12:08:01AM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

He's in between weight classes, which is a crap place to be.

I don't think he can make 170 consistently, even with doing everything right.

Post #3   7/24/17 10:31:32AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,839-2,014
Chips:

Posted by finnish_line

He's in between weight classes, which is a crap place to be.

I don't think he can make 170 consistently, even with doing everything right.

Not to say I called this fight but there were so many people saying Weidman was done. I couldn't personally pick against Weidman with that size advantage.

I told a few friends and even made a tiny bet on the side. I said KG would beat about half the guys in the Top 10 but would run into problems with the bigger and or the elite in the Division. I think we all know who they are the Top 5 guys minus Bisping although i think Bisping and KG would be half decent.

At WW he can hold the gold imo. I think he might be doing the Johnny Hendricks between fights. Because neither guy comes in looking all that ripped which points me into thinking they put on too much weight/body fat between outings. If he can hang in that 192lbs range between fights he'd make 170 consistently. This is just my random assessment on him. KG is a bad ass though.

Post #4   7/24/17 1:10:00PM   

isk

Belt Contender

isk Avatar

Career:5-3
Chips:
Gastellum admitted after he got popped for weed that he smokes and gets the munchies. For real. Kid's got talent and his evolving skills show he puts in the work; he only needs to control himself at home to be a threat to any welterweight.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   7/24/17 8:50:18PM   

TheCatFather

In Full Mount

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:3,206-2,213
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
He lost because he is Mexican and he walked out to a Puerto Rican Salsa song by Hector Lavoe IDK I think Weidman finally has a little more hunger for the belt these days and I think he beats the Count easily but anyone of the other top guys can snatch it from the count on any given day.

Post #6   7/25/17 4:42:06PM