Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Justin Gaethje, ex-UFC champ Eddie Alvarez to coach Season 26 of 'The Ultimate Fighter'

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,839-2,014
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Fresh off a “Fight of the Year” candidate in his UFC debut, lightweight Justin Gaethje will coach “The Ultimate Fighter 26” opposite ex-champ Eddie Alvarez.

UFC President Dana White confirmed the news today to veteran MMA personality Luke Thomas on the third stop of “The Money Tour” in New York. The promotion has yet to make a formal announcement on the coaches.

Link

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   7/13/17 7:40:10PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,839-2,014
Chips:
This is bitter sweet to me. It's gonna put the 2 fighters on the shelf until December 1st if they fight at the Finale or December 2nd if they fight at UFC 218 the day after the Finale.

Really December isn't that far off considering Gaethje just had a 2 Round war.

I'm also glad they didn't choose Lee as the coach. This Season is to crown the Flyweight Women's Champ.

And as for the fight, this is great! Makes a lot of sense. Its a step up from Michael Johnson. Conor is doing his shenanigans, and Ferguson/Nurmogomedov is the fight that need to happen.

So of the 2 other candidates Alvarez or Barboza, i like this much more!

I approve!

Post #2   7/13/17 7:48:37PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,155-2,967
Chips:
Fights like these are why I'm still really happy Eddie made it to the UFC in the end. It's a tough matchup for him, a really tough matchup actually but it's for sure going to be a fun fight while it lasts.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #3   7/13/17 10:31:59PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,364-1,473
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Fights like these are why I'm still really happy Eddie made it to the UFC in the end. It's a tough matchup for him, a really tough matchup actually but it's for sure going to be a fun fight while it lasts.

I'd say it's probably a tough match up for both of them, mostly because they both have the power to finish each other fast, they both have shown great recovery in the past when rocked, and they both have shown an incredible knack for blocking punches with their face. It ought to be a barn burner for all the longer it lasts. I'm excited for it.

Post #4   7/15/17 4:16:10PM