Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bellator champ Rafael Carvalho meets Alessio Sakara in Italy, hopes for Gegard Mousasi showdown in early 2018

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,549-1,881
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Gegard Mousasi was willing to compete for the Bellator middleweight championship in his promotional debut, but it looks like that’s not happening right away.

A day after Mousasi announced on The MMA Hour that he left the UFC to sign a 6-fight deal with Bellator, the promotion’s middleweight champion Rafael Carvalho told MMA Fighting he signed his next title defense.

"The plan continues the same,” Carvalho said on Tuesday. "I signed the contract today to fight Alessio Sakara in December, so it's done.”

According to the middleweight champion, the fight will take place Dec. 9 in Florence, Italy.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   7/12/17 1:11:15PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Carvalho dodged a bullet here.

Kinda sucks because that will be like a whole year almost until Mousasi gets to fight Carvalho providing he beats Sakara.

Idk. Maybe give Mousasi John Salter/Kendall Grove winner in like October. Just seems like a waste having the best MW on the roster waiting a year. Just my thoughts.

Post #2   7/12/17 1:14:00PM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

So many Bellator Middleweights seem like they'd be a waste of Mousasi's time.

The cupboard isn't exactly stocked.

Post #3   7/12/17 2:14:47PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by finnish_line

I agree. I expect him to completely outclass Carvalho when they do meet.

In the meantime i think John Salter would be a good fight to keep him busy. Salter is probably the most underrated MW on their roster. And i also think Mousasi would be too much for him but i think style wise he could offer more than Carvalho imo.

Post #4   7/12/17 3:20:08PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:4,879-2,944
Chips:

Posted by finnish_line

Exactly, and this will continue to be the case unless Bellator keeps picking up free agents who don't want Adidas' pocket change. But they've got a solid start here, just keep getting guys that still have something to offer and try to develop more competitive, higher level divisions.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   7/12/17 4:10:51PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,018-1,395
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Mousasi would match up well with Schlemenko, Grove & Ralek. Those are intriguing match-ups that would force Moose Saucey to be game plan oriented instead of just straight blasting through his opponents. This could keep him busy until that title fight. But he is going to be the next Bellator MW champ. No doubt.

Post #6   7/12/17 5:00:15PM