Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Report: Mousasi signs with Bellator MMA

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 690-8

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:3,559-2,368
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
My reports are from the janitor at work but Gegard to Bellator .. wowwwww every week with the losing of legit talent.. whos next?!!!

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #16   7/10/17 10:13:17PM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

If he moves the needle it'll be a great signing. If he doesn't and the shows he's on stay where they were, it's a signing.

Post #17   7/11/17 3:26:53PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:3,853-2,061
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Sean Of course ppl know he wants money but the reason for denial is pretty dumb.

He asked for a bump in pay but was turned down specifically because he was told he doesn't have a big enough name which is dumb.

You ask how long will he continue to fight?Atleast 6 more fights with Bellaforce lol.

Who knows?Working with a promoter who doesn't throw u under the bus and rant and rave like a teenage girl may prolong his career.True hes got miles on him but hasnt shown any decline in fact hes directly in his prime and was #4 in ufc rankings.

Every single person who jumped to Bellaforce has praised coker for his personal relationships with fighters and general willingness to work with fighters.Work conditions definitely effect a fighter.

Great signing more to come.

Why is it dumb that he was turned down because he couldn't draw money or viewership? If they thought he could, they would have made him a better offer, that's not dumb, its business.

The fighters that praise Bellator are the ones on their last leg

Post #18   7/11/17 4:50:51PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,759-1,977
Chips:
Mousasi was offered a fight against Rockhold at UFC 215.

Had that fight happened I'm pretty sure the winner would've gotten Bisping/Whitaker winner for the belt.

That would've been a rough fight for Mousasi but he was right there. Kinda surprised he went this route.

Post #19   7/11/17 5:25:40PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,795-1,170
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Why is it dumb that he was turned down because he couldn't draw money or viewership? If they thought he could, they would have made him a better offer, that's not dumb, its business."

Because gegard was #4 after beating a former champ,he has a good style of fighting that produces good fights.He isn't jared roshalt or jon fitch.He may not draw like mcgregor buy who in mw really does?

He wasn't asking for mcgregor money ....

Gegard is a top 5 mw in the world he deserves pay....glad he's getting it.

Fighters praising a HEALTHY working relationship with coker and bellator are not all on their last leg......literally every fighter,every person to work with coker praise him including dana white lol.

Not every fighter likes the clownish brash behavior of dana having a personal relationship and being able to work with your boss means alot.

Last edited 7/11/17 7:17PM server time by JLS
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #20   7/11/17 6:32:24PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:3,853-2,061
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Sean said"Why is it dumb that he was turned down because he couldn't draw money or viewership? If they thought he could, they would have made him a better offer, that's not dumb, its business."

Because gegard was #4 after beating a former champ,he has a good style of fighting that produces good fights.He isn't jared roshalt or jon fitch.He may not draw like mcgregor buy who in mw really does?

He wasn't asking for mcgregor money ....

Gegard is a top 5 mw in the world he deserves pay....glad he's getting it.

Fighters praising a HEALTHY working relationship with coker and bellator are not all on their last leg......literally every fighter,every person to work with coker praise him including dana white lol.

Not every fighter likes the clownish brash behavior of dana having a personal relationship and being able to work with your boss means alot.

Who has he beat in his last 10 fights or so? Weidman, that's it. A fighter who has never recovered from the injuries he sustained over his short career, and has now been finished in his last 3 fights.

Literally every fighter and person that's worked with Coker? Surely you can back up this "fact"

Last edited 7/11/17 7:14PM server time by JLS
2 total post edits

Post #21   7/11/17 6:59:31PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:3,388-2,395
Chips:
Another mistake by the UFC. Guys are leaving left and right....between the fecal Reebok deal and the UFC's biased treatment of certain fighters I don't blame the guys for going to Bellator. Bellator is starting to possess some star power....and not just aged old fan favorites. They have more than a few guys who are ranked in the top 10 worldwide in their prospective divisions. The UFC is playing with fire.

Post #22   7/11/17 11:30:30PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,795-1,170
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
#10 W over Mark Munoz

#9 L to Jacare Souza

#8 W over Dan Henderson

#7 W over Costas Phililppou

#6 L to Uriah Hall

#5 W over Thales Leites

#4 W over Thiago Santos

#3 W over Vitor Belfort

#2 W over Uriah Hall

#1 W over Chris Weidman

If we are talking about having name value he beat 2 big name legends in Vitor and Hendo,as well as former champion Weidman.

If we are talking quality the aforementioned wins are all solid along with beating rising prospect Thiago Santos,and avenging his loss to Uriah hall who is a good fighter.

My question remains who is the major draw at mw ?

It has older big names with diminished talent,or high level guys with medium draw power there are no standout stars,to say the moose didn't deserve to get paid being a top 5 guy with his resume going 8-2 in his last 10 fights was dumb.

And Coker is a fucking saint and you know it shawn lol

Last edited 7/12/17 1:07AM server time by fka

Post #23   7/12/17 1:04:52AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,854-2,665
Chips:

Posted by FKA

My reports come from Nima Safapour mousasis manager.

Apparently ufc offer was close but not equal to Bellator gegard asked for ufc to match and or bump up the offer but the ufc felt he wasn't a big enough name.the guy who initially broke the story Chamatkar Sandhu also stated simular details on his twitter

Im sure working with coker and having more control of his career was a big factor but money is always the bottom line.

Regardless this is a really cool signing.

Like I said.where else would he go titan.fc. no options

Post #24   7/12/17 6:14:25PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
Personally I think this is probably one of the best and most important signings Bellator has made in its history.

Not because I think Mousasi is anywhere near the best fighter they have or have had, but its the first time since the UFC took over MMA that I can recall them genuinely trying to keep someone and not succeeding.

Perhaps Bellator values his name more than the UFC does, he's certainly not much of a PPV draw, but he's a top ranked fighter who is incredibly entertaining to watch and the division isn't exactly overflowing with PPV draws to begin with. I would have matched any offer Bellator made on him.

The oddest thing that came out of his signing though was his statement that part of the reason he chose Bellator was that he prefers their drug testing program because if he suspects someone is cheating he can request they be tested and someone will go knock on their door and test them immediately.

From what former Bellator fighters have said, most haven't been tested at all, and those who have got tested about once in every 10 fights (even in the case of Main eventers).
I don't have any reason to suspect Mousasi is a cheater, but it seems to me the only reason to prefer Bellator's testing system to the USADA's is that you're less likely to get caught.

Post #25   7/12/17 7:41:48PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2