Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fairly New

Print  
Posted By Message

BrandonWHearn

Learning to Sprawl

BrandonWHearn Avatar

Career:407-236
Camp: Night Spiders
Chips:
I joined u a few months back. I was looking for a new fantasy MMA site and I think we have something here. My experience here has been pretty positive so far and I love how up-to-date the site seems to say. The betting set-up, by the way, is an amazing tool to sharpen your real gambling wits. Super useful. So, a bit about me if anyone cares:

26, from Oregon, obsessed with MMA since 14. Started boxing at 14, MMA at 18, gi BJJ 7 months ago at 26. I have competed in boxing and BJJ but not MMA yet. For a few months in 2014 I was an MMA journalist for Oregon Sports News & also worked with Comcast Sports Net. That was an amaing experience. I was able to interview people like Kyra Batara, Derek Brunson, Ilir Latifi, Chael Sonnen, Miesha Tate, Pat Healy and more. It was exhausted and didn't last very long but it was an invaluable experience. Currently I train only gi at Salem-Keizer BJJ with professor James Puopolo (Lovato black belt) and work full time as a Fire Safety Inspector/Installer in Oregon/Washington. Travel vans excite the hell out of me, I'm a camper and hiker with allergies, avid podcast listener (JRE, TFATK, MMAjunkie, Ari Shaffir, Big Brown Breakdown, History on Fire, Inside BJJ, Radiolab), wannabe traveler, nutrition obsessed. S'bout it. Got a hemorrhoid 2 weeks ago. That sucked.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   7/2/17 1:20:33PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,680-3,078
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
That is a rather fair amount of expertise and experience. All my training was decades ago when it comes to fighting, before the MMA explosion in the early 2000's. I think that is why I am such a rabid fan myself, because I've done some boxing, a lot of wrestling and just a smidge of Muah Thai. I never got much into BJJ, I guess I was just doo into wrestling during school that it seemed foreign to me. I find it fascinating to watch, it's so deceptive and intricate.

Post #2   7/2/17 6:30:24PM   

BrandonWHearn

Learning to Sprawl

BrandonWHearn Avatar

Career:407-236
Camp: Night Spiders
Chips:
I got pretty lucky to be born when I was. I was 3 during UFC 1 and by the time I caught MMA, Pride had just ended (so thats a bummer). But I caught the UFCs upswing and was lucky enough to have boxing, mma, and BJJ gyms nearby. The older I get, the more I love jits haha.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #3   7/2/17 9:49:20PM   

Trig

Learning to Sprawl

Trig Avatar

Career:1,111-647
Camp: MMAJunkie All-Stars
Chips:
Welcome man its always nice to have a fellow practitioner here especially one from here in Oregon

Post #4   7/31/17 6:34:21PM