Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

PFL: Daytona highlights: Jon Fitch gets first finish in more than 10 years

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:4,803-2,649
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The knock on Jon Fitch through the years is that he doesn’t finish fights. On Friday night, he may have knocked that monkey off his back.

Fitch (29-7-1) survived some heavy hands from Brian Foster (39-7) to pick up a second-round submission win in the headlining bout of the Professional Fighters League debut event, “PFL: Daytona.” The show took place at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla., and aired on NBCSN.

Link

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #1   7/1/17 10:55:21AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,038-2,887
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Might have been the first time in history that Fitch was the only finish on the card. Very surprising.

Post #2   7/1/17 12:52:22PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,751-1,126
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
PFL was anything but professional lmfao.

The ring surface was moist from humidity cuz it was raining (hence the Daytona 500 cancelling)making fighters struggle to even keep top mount.

Only reason fitch finished was fosters pulled or tore a muscle collapsed to the ground in pain and Fitch threw in a sloppy bulldog choke.

It was an idiotic move to do their inaugural event outdoors in front of May be a couple hundred people.

Oh lets not forget they bumed the showtime up an hour and a half due to the race being rained out.......WITHOUT any sort of update to viewers.Meaning i bet the first half of the show went nearly unviewed by tv viewers.I tuned in on the original time and it was round 2 of fitch fight.

PFL ha some unique and great things but this was a real stinker.

Post #3   7/1/17 1:35:35PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,740-3,129
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
PFL needs to admit that they have the talent and revenue of an organization that is equal to the LFA. When they come to grips with this reality they can produce the same kinds of shows and maybe someday even a profit. They are a sinking ship, mainly because they hired the wrong fighters. Justin Gaethje was their one saving grace and now that he's been called up they should shrink the organization and focus on new talent instead of old talent that has proven time and again to produce boring fights. Fitch will never ever get a single view from me...and hasn't since he's been cut from the UFC. The dude is just God awful to watch, I'd rather just sit outside with a chew, my dogs, and a cold beer.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #4   7/1/17 4:08:04PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,765-3,074
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
I thought the fights were entertaining but tuning in for the results of Fitch Foster fight right off the bat basically ruined the event for me. Defiantly, one of the biggest shit-shows I've ever seen.

Post #5   7/3/17 1:24:19PM