Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather happening Aug. 26 in Las Vegas

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,569-2,980
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Part of the deal for connor for this was yes win or lose he has to fight at least one more fight in the ufc which ariel is saying year end vegas event

I would need some pretty solid evidence to believe this...this is a boxing match and the UFC can not (regardless of this fight even existing) force any fighter to fight. Evidence?

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   6/15/17 6:29:19PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,622-2,517
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Part of the deal for connor for this was yes win or lose he has to fight at least one more fight in the ufc which ariel is saying year end vegas event

I would need some pretty solid evidence to believe this...this is a boxing match and the UFC can not (regardless of this fight even existing) force any fighter to fight. Evidence?

You can look it up then. I came.across it on the ufc fight forums.

Post #17   6/15/17 8:30:39PM   

LooseCannon

In Full Mount

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:2,714-1,607
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Dana White just had an interview today where he stated something along the lines of...Conor said he'll fight again this year & defend the UFC LW title, but at the same time after McGregor has all that money he might change his mind. So that pretty much squashes any bs about him being forced to fight again in the UFC.

If Conor can somehow knock Mayweather out then a rematch & another super payday in boxing is very likely. Otherwise, I see him retiring from the sport & I'm sure still stays famous some other way that won't cause him possible serious injury / brain damage.

Lastly, if he does lose & for his own pride just wants 1 more fight to go out on top I see it being the rubber match trilogy with Diaz at LW to end his career.

Last edited 6/15/17 8:45PM server time by loosecannon
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #18   6/15/17 8:42:36PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,577-2,941
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by machodog76

I see this being about as competitive as Toney vs Couture.

Toney had absolute zero ground game, it's way different then that fight

What a re you talking about! Toney choked out King Mo! the dude was a beast on the ground! All kidding aside I agree that the skill level is not as far apart and that shit show but this a good amateur level boxer going up against one of the best in the world, I don't see how it will be competitive. I'd love to see it and it might be the only time I ever root for Conor but this is semi-pro vs the NBA to me.

Post #19   6/16/17 1:21:02PM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

UFC could have blocked this boxing match from ever happening (at least until after a court battle which Conor would have likely lost).

They gave their permission, will be getting their cut, and got Conor to contractually agree to a UFC fight. Now sure, he can retire after August 26, but that's the only way out of that.

Post #20   6/16/17 1:22:44PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:3,927-2,416
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Man the UFC is going to lose another star.
I could really give two shits about this but will probably watch it.

Hard to really care about either person when they are making over 100 million each.

Dana is a retard to even want this to happen. Guess he doesn't relize the UFC is turning into shit with all the issues with there stars over the years.

Post #21   6/17/17 2:38:09AM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,610-1,040
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
MCGREGOR WILL LOSE

Conor put out edited footage of him looking crisp lol truth is out now.

This won't be a close fight at all i really don't think conor has the skill level to hang with a boxer like Mayweather.

But i guess lucky for us we all will find out haha.

Post #22   6/17/17 6:34:38PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2