Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Fight Night 110 results: Mark Hunt wins grueling battle vs. Derrick Lewis with 4th-round TKO

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:4,827-2,664
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
A heavyweight fight that on paper looked like a slugfest turned into a battle of cardiovascular strength.

Mark Hunt (13-11-1 MMA, 8-5-1 UFC) took Derrick Lewis’ (18-5 MMA, 9-3 UFC) best shots and chased him around the cage, doling out repeated shots to the body and legs until Lewis tired and slumped in exhaustion at the 3:51 mark of the fourth round.

Full Story

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   6/11/17 1:57:06AM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,795-1,170
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Lewis fought a retarded gameplan.....

Instead of using reach he urged hunt in and tried to sloppily counterstrike with a k-1 level kickboxer....

He threw single heavy shots that were seen a mile away and his takedown attempts were from nearly standing straight up position.

He gave hunt that fight on a silver platter lol.

He should retire if he thinks bar brawling will win him a championship.Plus if his injury from like 5-6 years ago is hindering him,either surgery to fix or get out the game.

He just was bragging about being one of the best paid Hws.......lol

Post #2   6/11/17 3:02:37PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,336-1,452
Chips:
I'd agree. Poor gameplan, and God awful execution of said gameplan. Mma is at a point where single big power strikes won't get you anywhere at the highest level. Hence the reason Roy Nelson washed out of the promotion. Speaking of which, I just realized that Lewis basically tried the same approach to fighting Hunt that Nelson did because clearly it worked so well for Nelson. Against even aging old fighters like Hunt that approach just won't work, even for top level guys.

Post #3   6/11/17 11:32:55PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,707-1,000
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I've rewatched the fight couple times now and I don't think he was that gassed, I think he genuinely injured his back in the fight. From about the middle of the 3rd round he started to wince when he'd throw certain strikes and in the 4th he was just going for broke knowing he was fucked up

Post #4   6/12/17 7:04:47PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
He didn't injur himself during the fight.

Its an injury he's had for a few years and he Said all week leading up to the fight it'd been bothering him.

Lewis is no cardio machine he was hands on hips sucking wind lol injury or not he was definitely gassed.

Post #5   6/12/17 7:47:53PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,707-1,000
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FKA

He didn't injur himself during the fight.

Its an injury he's had for a few years and he Said all week leading up to the fight it'd been bothering him.

Lewis is no cardio machine he was hands on hips sucking wind lol injury or not he was definitely gassed.

Yeah I remember him saying that but he must have done something to it during the fight too. He went for a takedown early and looked pretty ginger after that. He was gassed but I think the injury played a bigger part after watching the fight a few times. He had odd posture and was still throwing heavy shots up until the stoppage.

Post #6   6/12/17 8:01:09PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
No fighter goes into a fight 100% he was very likely injured or reaggrivated an old injury leading up to the fight.

His adrenaline likely dropped low enough for the pain to effect him later in the fight.He definitely needs time off to heal or get surgery but big boys with back problems is no bueno.

His cardio needs addressing if he plans to continue fighting as well......even in his wins he is heavily breathing post fight inyerview lol.

Post #7   6/12/17 8:43:22PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,822-3,133
Chips:
I have to admit, I thought Lewis was going to KO him in the third. Glad I was wrong Hunt's one of my favorite fighters.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #8   6/13/17 3:16:10PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
I fully expected lewis to make his evolution apparent in this fight by luring hunt in to brawl then getting it to the ground.....

Unfortunately he looked like he hit his ceiling and was exposed in multiple areas.

Hunt is definitely a favorite of mine as well.

Post #9   6/13/17 4:23:26PM