Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Now That Women's Flyweights Are Coming to UFC ...

Print  
Posted By Message

MammaMia

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Who do you think will stand out? Do you think Joanna will move up?

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   5/3/17 10:42:58PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:4,803-2,649
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
If Valentina is unsuccessful at winning the title at bantamweight, I think she could maybe make the cut down and do some damage there. It should be interesting though, because gals from above and below will probably transition to fill the void.

Post #2   5/3/17 11:47:29PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,687-1,934
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I would imagine that Joanna vs Shevchenko would be the fight to make at some point.

For you guys that know about their history Shevchenko has 3 wins over Joanna in Muay Thai.

Post #3   5/3/17 11:47:42PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,740-3,129
Chips:
Yeah, more fighters with multiple belts...great idea...and how many interim belts how we get for that trade?

The point to a new division is to get more fighters and more stars so that we can have more big events, creating more Conors isn't good for anybody.

Post #4   5/4/17 12:57:48AM   

MammaMia

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Yeah, more fighters with multiple belts...great idea...and how many interim belts how we get for that trade?

The point to a new division is to get more fighters and more stars so that we can have more big events, creating more Conors isn't good for anybody.

I would imagine Joanna would have to drop the strawweight title immediately, since Conor got the special treatment. Don't think it would apply to her. I get your point tho.

Post #5   5/4/17 1:58:56AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,687-1,934
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I was totally assuming that Joanna would vacate if she went up and just just bypass the whole hold on to her WSW belt as a back up plan in case things don't go her way.

Have the top 2 contenders battle for the actual belt, there's a few names you could throw around in the conversation.

Post #6   5/4/17 9:43:10AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,056-1,419
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I don't know who will move. Maybe JJ stays put until she finally clears the division and then goes up. I could see that. The 125 division has been needed in WMMA for a long time (as far as UFC goes). Women like Letourneau should have never been a 115er. She looked like death every single time she weighed in. No telling how many years she has taken off her life because of those cuts. 125 in the UFC would have been perfect, but Bellator is starting a 125 too, so we will see who has the better roster. I think the UFC scrambled the newest TUF season just to battle Belly for the 125 women. I could see women like Waterson, Van Zant moving up to see if the lesser cut is better for their game.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #7   5/7/17 6:39:24PM   

One_Hit_Quit

MMA Regular

One_Hit_Quit Avatar

Career:4,672-2,660
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's good for the fighters, bad for the SW and BW divisions.

On another note: How fucked up is it that they have a women's featherweight belt before an atom weight belt. I used the term belt instead of division, because there is no women's FW division.

Post #8   5/11/17 7:01:42PM