Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Justin Gaethje apparently heading to UFC as Professional Fighters League launches recruiting for 2018 season

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,065-1,426
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
LAS VEGAS – WSOF lightweight champion Justin Gaethje is heading to the UFC, according to his now-former employers.

With the WSOF currently rebranding as the Professional Fighters League and focused on recruiting new talent for a new look in 2018, the organization elected to allow Gaethje (17-0), currently ranked No. 8 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA lightweight rankings, an opportunity to depart for the world’s biggest MMA promotion, a Professional Fighters League official told MMAjunkie.

A UFC official said Gaethje was not under contract just yet but confirmed negotiations are ongoing.
link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   4/27/17 6:48:57PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,149-1,726
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Lots of fun fights for him.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   4/27/17 8:08:49PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,750-3,135
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yeah, especially if he learns to be defensively responsible...otherwise I expect a relatively short run.

Post #3   4/28/17 4:41:35PM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,878-1,604
Chips:
Would like to see him fight real top 10 or 5 even off the bat. Justin is good now and his chin only has so many fights left and don't want him wasting it on lower level guys. I like Barboza or Porrier Alvarez winner off the bat but the UFC will probably give him someone lower like Felder or Trinaldo.

Post #4   4/29/17 2:07:32AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,149-1,726
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Barboza would be fun. Not sure his chin would hold up

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   4/29/17 12:20:00PM   

RacingHartPurple

MMA Regular

RacingHartPurple Avatar

Career:3,375-2,013
Chips:
Long long long overdue.....Gaethje has an awesome fan friendly style even if you're not into the sport and were at a friends house party and walked by a tv, you would stop and watch this guy fight b/c he's constantly moving forward and throwing haymakers. I'm not sure how he will translate into the UFC, but he has good wrestling to keep the fight where he wants it, very fun guy to watch.

I think a good intro fight for him would be the winner of Alvarez/DP or Michael Johnson. Gaethje is the former champ so a big fight wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. I personally don't like the Barboza fight, bad style match up but any of those other guys would be fun, esp MJ.

Post #6   4/29/17 9:00:16PM