Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bellator 178 / One Championship / LFA 10 / M-1 Challenge 76 / Shooto Combo Card Results

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,141-2,951
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny

Eduard Folayang defeats Ev Ting via Unanimous Decision
Kevin Belingon defeats Toni Tauru via TKO (punches) - Round 1

Fight Nights Global 63

Magomedsaygid Alibekov defeats Kuat Khamitov via Majority Decision
Vladimir Mineev defeats Maiquel Falc√£o via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 3:35

Bellator 178

Patricio Freire defeats Daniel Straus via Submission (Guillotine) - Round 2, 0:37
Ilima-Lei Macfarlane defeats Jessica Middleton via Submission (Armbar) - Round 1, 2:15
Saad Awad defeats Ryan Quinn via Unanimous Decision
AJ McKee Jr. defeats Dominic Mazzota via Ko/Tko (Headkick) - Round 1, 1:15

LFA 10

Ian Heinisch defeats Lucas Rota via Submission (Shoulder Lock) - Round 1, 2:38
Nick Urso defeats Brandon Royval via Split Decision
Jerome Rivera defeats Zac Riley via Unanimous Decision
Slobodan Maksimovic defeats Dominic Montoya via Unanimous Decision
Andrew Tenneson defeats Andrew Yates defeats via Submission (Guillotine) - Round 1, 0:49

ACB 58

Askar Askarov defeats Anthony Leone via Submission - Round 3

M-1 Challenge 76

Movsar Evloev defeats Alexei Nevzorov via Ko/Tko - Round 2
Timur Nagibin defeats Diego D'Avila via Unanimous Decision

*Khamzat Dalgiev vs Heliton dos Santos - Bout Cancelled

Shooto

Yutaka Saito defeats Caol Uno via Unanimous Decision
Hiromasa Ogikubo defeats Danny Martinez via Unanimous Decision
Naoyuki Kotani defeats Yoichi Fukumoto via Submission (Armbar) - Round 1, 2:10

Last edited 4/23/17 10:54AM server time by JLS
Edit note/reason: n/a
6 total post edits

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   4/21/17 10:44:19AM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,020-1,257
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
When did the betting odds come out for this card? I checked back with well under 24 hours and not a single line. Oddly enough the card with odds that were out in plenty of time last week was canceled, but this card continues on with barely any time to make wagers? I'm finding it very hard to see the difference.

Post #2   4/21/17 12:38:56PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,141-2,951
Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

When did the betting odds come out for this card? I checked back with well under 24 hours and not a single line. Oddly enough the card with odds that were out in plenty of time last week was canceled, but this card continues on with barely any time to make wagers? I'm finding it very hard to see the difference.

Odds are determined by people making picks. You reach a certain number of picks then odds are calculated. People need to get their picks in earlier if they want the odds to come out earlier.

If we're in a pickle one of the mods will manually enter the odds based on real odds or if those can't be found they're based on the number of picks we currently have.

I have to work 9 hours a day so I didn't have time to manually input the odds this week. I don't know if they were actually added or if people finally made enough picks in time but the odds are what they are.

Post #3   4/21/17 12:51:28PM   

QuickToLynchYa

MMA Regular

QuickToLynchYa Avatar

Career:2,989-1,544
Camp: BluntForce: Resurrected
Chips:
How many people have to pick in total before odds are done?

Post #4   4/21/17 1:41:01PM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jbmoviefan

Odds are determined by people making picks. You reach a certain number of picks then odds are calculated. People need to get their picks in earlier if they want the odds to come out earlier.

If we're in a pickle one of the mods will manually enter the odds based on real odds or if those can't be found they're based on the number of picks we currently have.

I have to work 9 hours a day so I didn't have time to manually input the odds this week. I don't know if they were actually added or if people finally made enough picks in time but the odds are what they are.

Thanks for the response, sorry to be bitchy about it, I know you all have better shit to do. I just look at the money I lost out on last week and now this week and I have to wonder, what's the point? I don't really feel like playing anymore as this is the numerous seasons in a row with issues, either bankrolls not getting reset or odds not being posted until extremely late. Why not just cancel L2 in it's entirety? Do you guys even feel like it's worth it anymore?

If anyone knows when these odds were posted I'd like to know, as I feel like this event should be canceled as well given the extremely short span of time to complete wagering.

Post #5   4/21/17 2:53:29PM   

QuickToLynchYa

MMA Regular

QuickToLynchYa Avatar

Career:2,989-1,544
Camp: BluntForce: Resurrected
Chips:
Think they were posted around midnight.

Post #6   4/21/17 4:18:28PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,894-2,687
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
How the hell did hiromasa not get signed by the ufc after tuf. He was the second best one besides elliot

Post #7   4/21/17 5:33:26PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,822-1,995
Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jbmoviefan

Thanks for the response, sorry to be bitchy about it, I know you all have better shit to do. I just look at the money I lost out on last week and now this week and I have to wonder, what's the point? I don't really feel like playing anymore as this is the numerous seasons in a row with issues, either bankrolls not getting reset or odds not being posted until extremely late. Why not just cancel L2 in it's entirety? Do you guys even feel like it's worth it anymore?

If anyone knows when these odds were posted I'd like to know, as I feel like this event should be canceled as well given the extremely short span of time to complete wagering.

So you want another event cancelled because the first event was cancelled but you wanted that one to count because you did good on wagers?

The last event was cancelled because the site was having troubles and people could not log in.

This one you want cancelled because you didn't get your wagers in. Well that's not gonna happen. Sorry to be so blunt about it. But catering to you on this one isn't an option.

Then you ask why don't we scrap L2 altogether? It's because there's a loyal bunch that's been playing this league for several years. Yes the numbers have gone down over the seasons but so has the primary league and other mma fantasy sites.

You gotta realize something JB. You could spend 20 mins making picks and that's all you have to invest. The contributors, I'll speak for myself here will spend an easy hour just suggesting a combo, another 1hr to 1.5 hrs inputting the fights and event details, frequent checks to make sure the fights haven't been cancelled, looking up results, running stats for the L2 community, etc. Multiple hours accumulate for each event.

There has to be a certain amount of picks for each fight for odds to generate. Lots of the players here like to wait until just hours, or minutes before lock to make picks.

An option that could happen for future events are odds can entered manually. For ex. Following a simple pick % ratio say 48 hrs before lock they could be entered.

Something like this and this is only an example and it would not go off actual odds or what we think odds should be.

Fighter A 90% -700 Fighter B 10% +650
Fighter A 75% -500 Fighter B 25% +475
Fighter A 60% -225 Fighter B 40% +200
Fighter A 50-55% -120 Fighter B 45-50% +100

I could probably draw up a guideline for that. But this event will not be removed because you missed wagers. I'm sure several folks missed wagers so the ex. guideline above looks like a doable idea for future events.

Cancelling events it's not a good idea and will end up causing the number of players to drop even more.

Hopefully this answers your questions but if not PM one of us.

Post #8   4/21/17 9:55:28PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:2,137-1,459
Camp: Black Widows
Chips:
Is there any way to lower the amount of people that needs to make picks for the odds to kick in?

Post #9   4/21/17 10:32:51PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by thevoodooninja

Is there any way to lower the amount of people that needs to make picks for the odds to kick in?

Doubtful. But if you have a few minutes read the part of my post above and i think you're gonna use a formula for the upcoming events at the 48hrs to lock and manually add them based on the picks made on this site only.

Hopefully my post above gives you an idea on what I'm talking about. I'm just gonna make sure that's ok to do. I don't think it'll be a problem and it'll give everyone a better chance at getting those wagers in a timely fashion.

Last edited 4/22/17 2:49AM server time by JLS

Post #10   4/21/17 10:47:09PM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:
Lol JLS, I know I'm a hypocrite, ideally I'd like both events to count, or neither. I know you guys put a lot of work In to L2, which is why I was wondering if you guys really feel the value in continuing despite the minimal number of players and all the issues. I'll continue to play as long as the game is available, thanks for keeping it going.

PS. Sorry to throw you under the bus AGAIN, for the incident that was over a year ago.

Last edited 4/22/17 11:24AM server time by jbmoviefan

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #11   4/22/17 11:24:06AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
I've been entering the odds manually for the past 3 or 4 events but I was visiting family on easter weekend and wasn't able to set them for this past card.

Generally I set them the same way the system does, based on the pick percentage on each fighter. I find a fight on a previous card that matched the pick split and enter the same odds.

I don't mind JLS formula with hopefully some minor tweaks.

Personally I think the Underdog odds are too low for guys picked by less than 10%, I'd like to see them in the +800 or +900 range. The odds on favorites are the opposite. Nobody will ever bet on someone paying -700 so I'd cap that at around -500 or -600 if it's less than 5%

There are really only 2 ways to ensure betting odds will be up in a timely fashion. Either everyone has to make their picks earlier, or we're going to have to manually set them.

Post #12   4/22/17 11:32:47AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
I agree Flashy. Those odds/template were just really off the top of my head. But i think manually adding them is the way to go. I'm pretty sure over the weekend we can figure out a consistent formula, even nerfing the heavy favorites/ underdogs. That's a good point, no one bets on a -900 favorite so capping them around -600ish would be cool. It'll at least major sense to parlay some of those guys at that point.

Now let's talk fights!

Here's that brutal beatdown that Mineev put on Falcao

Go to the about a minute and a half to watch the beatdown. Unreal!

Post #13   4/22/17 1:03:46PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
ACB Fights

Post #14   4/22/17 2:00:29PM   

Stone

In Full Mount

Stone Avatar