Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brian Stann says Demetrious Johnson ‘solidified the fact that he’s the best to ever do it’ at UFC on FOX 24

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,056-1,419
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Brian Stann knows a thing or two about fighting. After leaving behind a career as a top-flight middleweight in the UFC, “The Greatest Living American” (as his broadcast partner Jon Anik refers to him) has gone on to become one of the most well-respected analysts and commentators in MMA. And being an analyst and long-time fan of the sport, Stann recently weighed in on the hot-button question arising out of UFC on FOX 24: is Demetrious Johnson the greatest fighter ever?

“I definitely thought he was the best pound-for-pound currently and as I watched him prepare for this fight, the question really started to arise to me over whether he’s the best ever,” Stann told the Anik and Florian podcast recently. “And in terms of technique and capabilities, I think there’s no question. The thing that people tend to question [with regard to Johnson] is the strength of schedule. Anderson Silva, brilliant striker who’s got some submission capabilities, he has nowhere near the wrestling credentials or ground and pound that Demetrious Johnson has.”

link

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   4/18/17 7:27:15PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:5,278-3,025
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I completely agree with him.

Post #2   4/19/17 9:23:18AM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,751-1,126
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Hes definitely one of the best to ever doit unfortunately his weight class doesn't offer the flashy names other guys have on their resumes.

Dj isnt the best ever......but hes the best flyweight ever.If he moves up and collects more names maybe but imo hes not.

Post #3   4/19/17 2:50:01PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,793-2,623
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Hes definitely one of the best to ever doit unfortunately his weight class doesn't offer the flashy names other guys have on their resumes.

Dj isnt the best ever......but hes the best flyweight ever.If he moves up and collects more names maybe but imo hes not.

I agree. Unlike Anderson silva. Dj hasnt moved up a weight class and fought. Silva best Irvin Bonner and ex champ Griffin.

Untill dj moves up and takes some fights. I cant say he is the best ever. Even when he breaks the record.
But he has been the most dominant champ by far. But he needs to step up a weight class and test himself

Post #4   4/20/17 7:38:47AM   

armorymma386

Learning to Sprawl

Career:21-24
Camp: KILLER LOVE
Chips:
Rj is my favorite fighter since 125 division started and now he is best p4p fighter. People say division is weak but it's best fighters in the world that would destroy any average joe person. Regardless of size. Come from a flyweight mma fighter myself

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   7/21/17 11:20:08PM   

armorymma386

Learning to Sprawl

Career:21-24
Camp: KILLER LOVE
Chips:
Dj

Post #6   7/21/17 11:21:12PM