Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tyron Woodley offers to step up and fight Michael Bisping in July

Print  
Posted By Message

reptiler13

MMA Regular

reptiler13 Avatar

Career:2,250-1,545
Chips:
Recently, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping made headlines when he revealed that he would take away Georges St-Pierre’s middleweight title fight if the former welterweight kingpin wasn’t prepared for his Octagon return by July

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tyron-woodley/tyron-woodley-offers-step-fight-michael-bisping-july/

Post #1   3/29/17 2:07:30PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,694-1,909
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Just stop. It's bad enough that Conor is allowed to not defend his titles. Ever. But these champs need to stop trying to jump weight classes and beat the respective contenders in their division. What Bisping & Conor are doing is not the best thing for the sport. Yes, I will agree the fights are fun in hypotheticals and fun to watch but not challenging the top contenders is bad for the growth of the sport as far as moving MMA in the legitimacy realm when it comes to late night sportscenter recaps. Hell, on ESPN's main page MMA is nowhere near being on that top banner.

Post #2   3/29/17 5:32:59PM   

StPierreCanada

MMA Regular

StPierreCanada Avatar

Career:1,522-1,108
Camp: Zewkey.com
Chips:
Woodley wants the easiest fights possible and he's not being shy about it. Just stop.

Woodley is the most unlikeable fighter I can remember.

Post #3   3/29/17 6:46:33PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,489-1,574
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by StPierreCanada

well there was that one guy who beat Christy Mack nearly to death, but filling in for a title is a close second.

He's just an opportunist. There isn't a ww title fight set, since they keep black balling Maia. Bear in mind, this is Spitz throwing the temper tantrum here. Woodley just offered to step in if Spitz can't be convinced to wait until September to fight gsp.

Last edited 3/29/17 8:40PM server time by Airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   3/29/17 8:39:59PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
There should be a minimum of at least 5 title defences before you can even entertain the thought of fighting for a title in another weight class.

Post #5   3/29/17 8:53:05PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:5,306-2,852
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

There should be a minimum of at least 5 title defences before you can even entertain the thought of fighting for a title in another weight class.

Well he's been so dominant as the WW champ. A draw and a Majority Decision that could've gone either way. At this point fuck him. I would've like to see the Majority Draw go to Wonderboy at this point. Wonderboy has much more class and would welcome a Maia, Lawler or whoever.

On a side note who wants to see Wonderboy vs Condit? This guy does!

Post #6   3/29/17 10:39:41PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Jacare, or Romero would be the only acceptable fights in July for Bisping if GSP Doesn't happen. Mousasi w/ a Weidman win would be acceptable too.

Post #7   3/29/17 10:41:43PM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Woodley vs Maia should already be scheduled for the July show. Let's get that man his belt.

Post #8   3/30/17 11:41:02AM   

RhythmAndStyle

Straight Flexin'

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,924-2,397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
love all the Woodley hate LMFAO..UFC is a business first..Woodley is just doing what a lot of other fighters are doing right now..grabbing big money fighters, and why not? They don't make as much as they should be..champion or not..the only fighter getting paid is Conor..if they gave Conor a shot, I don't see why they shouldn't do it in other fighters..maybe these dream matches can finally happen..anywho, Woodley would KO Bisping easily..

Post #9   3/30/17 12:47:24PM   

reptiler13

MMA Regular

reptiler13 Avatar

Career:2,250-1,545
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

love all the Woodley hate LMFAO..UFC is a business first..Woodley is just doing what a lot of other fighters are doing right now..grabbing big money fighters, and why not? They don't make as much as they should be..champion or not..the only fighter getting paid is Conor..if they gave Conor a shot, I don't see why they shouldn't do it in other fighters..maybe these dream matches can finally happen..anywho, Woodley would KO Bisping easily..

I understand where the fighters are coming from, they are there to make money. I can't stand Woodley but I don't blame him for trying to make money. the UFC needs to shut that shit down, it's not like these guys cleared out the division. I mean shit you got Cody wanting to fight MM and he hasn't even defended his belt yet.

Post #10   3/30/17 1:24:15PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:5,416-3,592
Chips:

Posted by StPierreCanada

Woodley wants the easiest fights possible and he's not being shy about it. Just stop.

I'm far from a Woodley fan but I can't see how challenging the champ in a bigger weight class is picking an easy fight, it's the opposite in my opinion. Homeboy just want's to make some money. I'd rather see him stay defend the belt though.

Post #11   3/30/17 3:33:22PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

The ufc did let Conor do this crap, and as a Conor hater he has backed up everything he said he would in the octagon minus the time he turned into a wrestler and wanted to wrestle the Black Belt Diaz. Lmfao.

But come on this Woodley had 2 Title defenses. He fought to a draw and a Majority Decision. That's far from domination and that's far from cleaning out his division. There are other contenders in his weight class that are more than willing and deserving of a fight with Woodley. All of a sudden Woodley's this big bad proven dominant Champion that wants Money fights and Super fights.

Lets look at T-Wood's road to his Title shot. Since coming to the UFC from Strikforce where Marquardt knocked him silly in his final SF fight he was 5-2 in the UFC before getting his shot. Lets talk about those fights.

Fight 1 - Jay Herron: Woodley won this one by 1st Round Ko. When you think about that, that's not super impressive.

Fight 2 - Jake Shields: Woodley losses this one. But it was close.

Fight 3 - Josh Koscheck: Woodley wins by 1st Round Ko. Koscheck was definitely in the downside of his career at this point.

Fight 4 - Carlos Condit: Woodley won by Injury Tko. I'll give him some credit here. He won the 1st Round no doubt 10-9. The 2nd Round only went 2 mins before the injury. Its really hard to say what would've happened in this fight. Its something that nobody can definitively say. But i know Condit is dangerous in all Rounds and was more than capable of winning this fight despite being down 10-9 before the injury.

Fight 5 - Rory MacDonald: Did you guys watch this? It wasn't even close. Complete domination from Rory McWoodleybeater.

Fight 6 - Dong Hyun Kim: After being dropped in the ranks Woodley put on an impressive performance finishing the fringe Top 10-15 DHK very quickly in just over a min.

Fight 7 - Kelvin Gastelum: I don't have too much to say about this besides the fight sucked and was close, could've gone either way.

And what should've been his 8th fight under the UFC banner, Hendricks missed weight and the fight was cancelled. Woodley had no control in this one. That was 100% Hendricks fault.

So we have Woodley now getting a Title Shot because he wants to wait it out, and getting a Title Shot from a cancelled fight after going on a 2 fight win streak. Again beating the lower Ranked DHK and just barely beating Gadtelum in a complete snooze fest. So he gets this Title shot after being completely lil brothered by Rory and winning 2 fights.

Meanwhile Maia's won 6 straight. Yes that's 3times as many as Woodley had to. And instead of Maia crying like an oppressed underprivileged baby, he'll look to make it 7 in a row against Masvidal.

So yeah all the hate for Woodley? Hes a real easy guy to not like, at least for me.

And I'll stop the rambling facts after this one.

Garbrandt wanting to leave BW after his fight with TJ to fight DJ. Lol. First DJ is almost certain to get past Reis. Its not All that certain Cody will best TJ. And I'll be rooting for TJ, which i usually never do. To shut this tattoo neck up. He hasn't even defended his Title yet and he's calling out 125ers. I'd like to see Cody try and make 125lbs. My monies on DJ over Cody at 125lbs.

Last edited 3/30/17 10:48PM server time by JLS

Post #12   3/30/17 10:43:23PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,489-1,574
Chips:
Whatever, nvm

Last edited 3/31/17 2:13PM server time by Airkerma