Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Floyd Mayweather says he's coming out of retirement to fight Conor McGregor

Print  
Will Mayweather/McGregor ever materialize?
Yes 11 50%
No 7 32%
Only if Don King has a hand in it 4 18%
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:4,814-2,654
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The drum beats grow louder for a massive-money showdown between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor.

Mayweather announced Saturday in England, where he's been on a publicity tour, that he's "coming out of retirement just to fight Conor McGregor."

Full Story

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   3/11/17 1:50:35PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,065-1,426
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
While I believe the logical answer is no. I voted yes because McGregor seems to be able to do things and command management unlike any MMA fighter previously. Honestly, I don't think it'll happen, but we live in a crazy world. Anything is possible.

Post #2   3/11/17 2:06:26PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,481-2,125
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
It's all hype.

Conor is taking time off to be with his pregnant wife.

No way UFC lends Conor out, or co-promotes.

Post #3   3/11/17 3:13:51PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,400-2,457
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

It's all hype.

If GSP loses to Bisping or that fight doesn't sell then the UFC doesn't have much choice but to cater to Conor.

With Rousey likely retiring, Lesnar being gone and GSP being a question mark they don't have anyone but Conor who can sell PPV's.

They won't release him from his contract or lend him out without getting something in return but they might co-promote with Boxing considering the amount of exposure it will get their product.

Post #4   3/11/17 3:25:27PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,481-2,125
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

It's all hype.

If GSP loses to Bisping or that fight doesn't sell then the UFC doesn't have much choice but to cater to Conor.

With Rousey likely retiring, Lesnar being gone and GSP being a question mark they don't have anyone but Conor who can sell PPV's.

They won't release him from his contract or lend him out without getting something in return but they might co-promote with Boxing considering the amount of exposure it will get their product.

That makes sense, but they've always been against co-promoting.

And Mayweather owns his own promotional company where he's used to keeping most of the profits from the entire event.

With the PPV providers taking their cut, the UFC would only get 25% of the pie (at best) so it just doesn't seem worthwhile for them.

Conor was talking about taking time off and Floyd is retired. I think this is all just a ploy to buy Conor some time off. UFC is probably paying Floyd, or getting him movie roles instead (since they're mostly Hollywood agents)

Post #5   3/11/17 5:38:18PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,400-2,457
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

It's all hype.

That makes sense, but they've always been against co-promoting.

And Mayweather owns his own promotional company where he's used to keeping most of the profits from the entire event.

With the PPV providers taking their cut, the UFC would only get 25% of the pie (at best) so it just doesn't seem worthwhile for them.

Conor was talking about taking time off and Floyd is retired. I think this is all just a ploy to buy Conor some time off. UFC is probably paying Floyd, or getting him movie roles instead (since they're mostly Hollywood agents)

That's also possible, there's no question the UFC's owners have all kinds of ties to Hollywood.

I think the UFC is more against co-promoting with companies that are smaller than them. They did it with PRIDE when they were the #1 company in the world. It's also a different group running the company now and they may not feel as resistant to Co-Promotion.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #6   3/11/17 5:41:45PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,757-3,145
Chips:
I voted Don King, dude could do anything.
Really, I am just not holding my breathe for another super fight, I'm am way to burned out for that. If it happens I will probably watch.

Post #7   3/12/17 4:39:03AM