Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson canceled day before UFC 209

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Fergy allegedly turned down a fight with Michael Johnson last minute. Fergy explained that he turned it down because it would not be for the title and it would be for less money. I didn't know the UFC did/could do that...shitty...because now I am wondering if other last minute fights were for less $$$. Good for Fergy declining it and making weight and getting paid.

It wouldn't be for less money because its last minute.

It would be for less money because its probably standard in UFC contracts that you get a bonus for being in a title fight. No title = no bonus

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #16   3/3/17 11:55:37PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,930-3,258
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
What the fuck?!?!

I don't know if I am getting g it now...probably just catch the mma core videos...FUCK!

Post #17   3/4/17 2:22:41AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,124-1,476
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Dana explaining how Khabib's team is to blame. I guess they "went rogue" at 4am the morning of the weighins and took him to some random hospital. Dana alleges had they gone through the proper channels this fight would still be on.

Yeah. Sounds like he'd get an IV and no one would say anything.

Post #18   3/4/17 3:25:01AM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,395-1,486
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by tildengolfer

Fergy allegedly turned down a fight with Michael Johnson last minute. Fergy explained that he turned it down because it would not be for the title and it would be for less money. I didn't know the UFC did/could do that...shitty...because now I am wondering if other last minute fights were for less $$$. Good for Fergy declining it and making weight and getting paid.

It wouldn't be for less money because its last minute.

It would be for less money because its probably standard in UFC contracts that you get a bonus for being in a title fight. No title = no bonus

I think it is in the contracts. I feel like I've read or heard somewhere that being in a title fight means a percentage of ppv buys too or something. I feel like I might have heard it on Rogan's podcast when Cerrone was on right after his fight with Story maybe? I can't remember for sure.

Post #19   3/4/17 5:09:38AM   

TerrorofsesameST

Standup Guy

TerrorofsesameST Avatar

Career:1,743-1,139
Chips:
I haven't felt this heartbroken since USADA pulled Jones off UFC 200. I say set up Tony vs Eddie for an interim belt! UFC on Fox in April? That card looks kind of bland right now. Khabib I feel needs to fight another top contender after this mess to prove he can make the weight, for some reason the MMA gods do not want this fight to happen, lol. This is what the 3rd time this fight went tits up? Enough is enough, make Khabib earn that shot again which won't be too hard for him, but I am hoping to someday see this juicy match-up!

Post #20   3/4/17 12:55:04PM   

Volcano1990

MMA Regular

Volcano1990 Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
khabib was gonna fight ferguson for the title and 500k but then he took an arrow to the knee

Post #21   3/4/17 9:34:06PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TerrorofsesameST

I haven't felt this heartbroken since USADA pulled Jones off UFC 200. I say set up Tony vs Eddie for an interim belt! UFC on Fox in April? That card looks kind of bland right now. Khabib I feel needs to fight another top contender after this mess to prove he can make the weight, for some reason the MMA gods do not want this fight to happen, lol. This is what the 3rd time this fight went tits up? Enough is enough, make Khabib earn that shot again which won't be too hard for him, but I am hoping to someday see this juicy match-up!

I see it as this: book McG v Cucuy. If Conor is content on being a bitch. The next best option is as said above, Alvarez and Fergy. This sucks because I legit think Fergy could have gotten it done. Now we will never will know. Make Khabib earn his shot or jump up in weight. This Ppv took a HUGE hit.

Post #22   3/5/17 1:33:11AM   

TerrorofsesameST

Standup Guy

TerrorofsesameST Avatar

Career:1,743-1,139
Chips:
AGREED ^^^^^^^

Post #23   3/6/17 6:13:37PM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Dana explaining how Khabib's team is to blame. I guess they "went rogue" at 4am the morning of the weighins and took him to some random hospital. Dana alleges had they gone through the proper channels this fight would still be on.

Yeah. Sounds like he'd get an IV and no one would say anything.

I heard he was 6 lbs overweight when the problems became bad enough to go to the hospital.

Even if he went to the UFC approved hospital he wasn't squeezing another 6 lbs of water out of his system, especially if they gave him fluids.

The fight was doomed as soon as Kbabib decided to get up to 185 lbs between fights.

Post #24   3/7/17 11:49:04AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Chips:
Khabib's manager outlined the sequence of events .

Am I the only one who does not like this Ali guy? Everytime I see him 'managing' someone, he's in the cage, hoisting the winning fighter on his shoulders or trying to get into the 'team picture' after the fight. Dude really presents himself like a leech. To be honest, I do not know much about him, but I would think if you're really part of the 'team' then you're wearing the fighter's Reebok kit; not walking into the cage in a suit and tie. Dana doesn't even go that far.

Post #25   3/7/17 12:20:07PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2