Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

In Your Opinion Who Are The Top 10 Best Strikers in UFC (Now or of all time)?

Print  
Posted By Message

billbrown7071

MMA Regular

Career:801-498
Chips:
This questions requires you to rank the fighter in their prime, Example Anderson Silva, Prime Silva is definitely one of the best strikers. but now I wouldn't rank him among the best, still good, but can't pull the trigger anymore.

Mine-

Conor Mcgregor
Stephen Wonder Boy Thompson
Carloz Condit
Jose Aldo
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Edson Barboza

for me , all my fighters are current fighters because I feel The Striking in MMA has evolved so much...

Anderson is the only one where I feel I have to go back I think "Prime", I think Andersons striking was ahead of his time, If Anderson came into the UFC today as he did when he debuted in The UFC I think he could still be just as dominate striking wise, he may have trouble With Better wrestlers now, But I think "Prime Silva's Striking" is right up there with the Best of the best

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   2/27/17 10:58:26PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,930-3,258
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
1. Anderson Silva, prime he is near impossible to deny.
2. Wanderlei Silva prime, can't deny the quantity and quality of his knockouts.
3. Demetrius Johnson, #3 because of a lack of knockouts...but his technique is flawless.
4. Jose Aldo, his boxing is great and kicks are freaking amazing...I wish he would increase his quantity but the quality is way high!
5. Carlos Condit, diversity and accuracy is amazing.
6. Martin Kampmann, same reasons as Condit.
7. Anthony Johnson, what he lacks in comparison to Kampmann and Condit he makes up for in power...he has a huge amount of ko's, closing in on a Wandy.
8. Conor McGregor, my only issue is that he has too many unknown fighters before he got into the UFC.
9. Dominic Cruz, everything is diverse, creative, and mixed with unparalleled foot and head movement. The problem is athletic, just the lack of power.
10. Lyoto Machida...because if you've seen it in his prime no explanation is necessary.

Post #2   2/27/17 11:46:42PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,779-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'll do current UFC fighters but it's in no order I'll just name ten that I think are best pure strikers right now

Jose Aldo
Jon Jones
Anderson Silva
Conor McGregor
TJ Dillashaw
Jorge Masvidal
Wonderboy
Edson Barboza
Cody Garbrandt
Jeremy Stephens

Honourable mentions

Luke Rockhold
Max Holloway
Yoel Romero
Anthony Johnson
Jimi Manuwa
Robert Whittaker

Post #3   2/28/17 5:15:42AM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,889-1,216
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
5)Emmanuel Yarborough ,This MASSIVE beast of a man was once touted as having one punch ko power,and the abilty to break bricks with his skull........obviously these traits led him
Becoming the most feared striker on early UFC.

4)Zuluzhino,Another MASSIVE man touting a black belt in muay thai and a 30 something undefeated record (although no proof was ever brought forth to back these claims)he was given the who's who of hws in PRIDE and obviously for good reason.

3)Akebono,Decorated sumo master and extremely sturdy individual...akebonos mere weight behind each yokozuna esk palm strike was enough to collapse most mens chests.

2)Dada 5000,The most feared backyard BBQ brawler since kimbo slice......his fight with kimbo speaks for itself .....one bad mofo.

1)GIANT SILVA by far the scariest striker ever to step foot in mma.A literal giant of a man he syruck fear into the heart of all his opponents.....his He-Man Bitch slaps will live in history as the most effective and terrifying technique in all of martial arts history.

Last edited 2/28/17 9:16PM server time by fka
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   2/28/17 9:01:21PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:3,829-2,307
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
In no order in particular Wonderboy, Arlovski, Rumble, Aldo, McGregor, Anderson, Lawler, Barboza, Nate and Nick.

Post #5   2/28/17 11:43:26PM   

Volcano1990

MMA Regular

Volcano1990 Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
dos santos
overeem
even carwin based on power
romero and Johnson have sick power standing and id love to see them fight actually
chuck liddel was a great striker in his time

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #6   3/9/17 11:45:08PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by FKA

5)Emmanuel Yarborough ,This MASSIVE beast of a man was once touted as having one punch ko power,and the abilty to break bricks with his skull........obviously these traits led him
Becoming the most feared striker on early UFC.

4)Zuluzhino,Another MASSIVE man touting a black belt in muay thai and a 30 something undefeated record (although no proof was ever brought forth to back these claims)he was given the who's who of hws in PRIDE and obviously for good reason.

3)Akebono,Decorated sumo master and extremely sturdy individual...akebonos mere weight behind each yokozuna esk palm strike was enough to collapse most mens chests.

2)Dada 5000,The most feared backyard BBQ brawler since kimbo slice......his fight with kimbo speaks for itself .....one bad mofo.

1)GIANT SILVA by far the scariest striker ever to step foot in mma.A literal giant of a man he syruck fear into the heart of all his opponents.....his He-Man Bitch slaps will live in history as the most effective and terrifying technique in all of martial arts history.

You forgot Shonie Carter and his spinning backfist of death.

Post #7   3/10/17 1:17:59AM