Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: ‘Drama queen’ Tyron Woodley doesn’t get booed because he’s black

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:1,900-1,299
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
In the eyes of Dana White, Tyron Woodley has all the ingredients to be a big UFC star. There’s just one thing missing, the UFC president said.

“He’s a smart guy, he’s a good-looking kid,” White said Friday on ESPN Radio’s Russell and Kanell. “He’s explosive. He’s got knockout power. But he’s a bit of a drama queen.”

Link

Post #1   2/11/17 4:59:08AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,393-2,834
Chips:
Gotta agree with the bald one on this one. Tyrone can be kind of boring sometimes.

Post #2   2/11/17 3:19:46PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:1,900-1,299
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Egg Head is right. Tyron got the belt and immediately started running his mouth as an analyst publicly about his desire to 'choose his opponents' as he is the champ now. By doing that it only hinders the sport and the aspiring champs. He has taken on the #1 contender, soon to be twice. But he was admimant he wanted a 'big money' fight out of either GSP or Diaz, neither of which are coming back anytime soon. Frankly, I've never liked the guy. And his momma's screaming was very distracting during his run in SF

Post #3   2/11/17 3:31:20PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:4,665-2,795
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Egg Head is right. Tyron got the belt and immediately started running his mouth as an analyst publicly about his desire to 'choose his opponents' as he is the champ now. By doing that it only hinders the sport and the aspiring champs. He has taken on the #1 contender, soon to be twice. But he was admimant he wanted a 'big money' fight out of either GSP or Diaz, neither of which are coming back anytime soon. Frankly, I've never liked the guy. And his momma's screaming was very distracting during his run in SF

Right? There's an irony in him griping about being treated poorly when he had a very weak run to the title shot in the first place. Guys like Holloway or Edgar or Fitch had to win ~8 straight while Woodley beats Kim and Gastelum (by split decision, no less) and gets a shot. I'm not even outraged by the shot, but if you're going to complain about mistreatment, this is a huge counterpoint.

Post #4   2/11/17 3:57:12PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:351-232
Chips:
He should of never even got that title shot. He never earned one. He basically got it by default because Hendricks missed weight then he sat out a year to cash in.

Now he wants to pick fights smh

Post #5   2/12/17 11:57:09AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,393-2,834
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

I couldn't stand her during his fights.

Post #6   2/12/17 10:08:07PM   

VitoCapone

Standup Guy

VitoCapone Avatar

Career:2,696-1,722
Camp: Black Widows
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

He should of never even got that title shot. He never earned one. He basically got it by default because Hendricks missed weight then he sat out a year to cash in.

Now he wants to pick fights smh

I agree. It is not a black thing. Anderson is black and is considered by most a GOAT. Tyron is a boring fighter. Wet blanket would be the best way I can describe the man. He has had a couple flashes of greatness but otherwise is a boring fighter and a "play it safe" kind of fighter. And, I agree he is like the "King of Default". Default title-shot and stayed Champ by default. To clarify my definition of a default champ, a default champ is a champ that Draws with his opponent so he stays champ by default not because he legitimately won.

Post #7   2/13/17 1:23:22PM