Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA Playground - where has everyone gone and WHAT can we do?

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,288-793
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Michael_Corleone

Wouldn't be mad if we got some new forum emoji's.

Last edited 2/11/17 4:01PM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #46   2/11/17 4:00:07PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:424-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I left because a few people drove me away including a mod. Otherwise, I loved this place when I posted here. Shame, I found a new home and it's treating me good.

Last edited 2/12/17 7:38PM server time by KungFuMaster

Post #47   2/12/17 7:28:54PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:3,702-1,971
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I left because a few people drove me away including a mod. Otherwise, I loved this place when I posted here. Shame, I found a new home and it's treating me good.

Post #48   2/12/17 10:42:00PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,959-1,320
Camp: Black Widows
Chips:
You can't goof around on here unless the stuffed shirts with no sense of humour gets butt hurt and wants to talk shit. Other than that I like the place. I would like to see move activity though.

Post #49   2/13/17 12:14:19PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,468-2,426
Chips:
You think this is bad go to ufc.com mma forums its rough
Had a kid a saying racists remarks against me. I threatened to cut his throat

Post #50   2/13/17 5:56:18PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Chips:
I'm sure an idle threat set him straight

Post #51   2/15/17 6:47:13PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,468-2,426
Chips:

Posted by thevoodooninja

Actually it was mw telling him i would find him in vegas for 209 in a auto graph line at vegas fashion mall

Post #52   2/19/17 6:49:12PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Posted by thevoodooninja

Actually it was mw telling him i would find him in vegas for 209 in a auto graph line at vegas fashion mall

Did ya find him?

Post #53   2/19/17 9:49:07PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,358-2,412
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sorry, I'm a little bit late to the party but here are a few things that I personally think are causing us to lose players.

-Lack of updates on the site from ownership is number 1 (people like new looks and this site desperately needs new owners to get back to where it once was)

-Use free advertising, social media.........facebook, instagram, twitter, etc........it's FREE....I know there's a facebook account, but I don't know who runs it and its not very active, I bet if there was an Instagram Account, Twitter and more active Facebook Account we could draw in a more casual fans, maybe not full time players, but at least bump the numbers a bit, we have fallen to I believe 600 players last event. I remember this site used to have 3000 participating.

-Change the divisions so that there aren't so many 2 player teams. I personally think that is a bad move to create teams of 2 when there are plenty of larger teams that could use those players on their teams....oh and bump the HW division to a minimum 25 players per team. If the same teams are winning season after season, other players will become disinterested.

Post #54   2/27/17 1:28:36AM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Michael_Corleone

2) Move B-level UFC/FS1 cards to BOTR. Even the most hardcore fans are getting burnt out trying to keep up.

This was actually voted on previously and got shot down hard.

Poll

I informed DTM that I was getting feedback of burnout, but the poll showed a different opinion.

I am also against this, I understand the over-saturation of cards but UFC events are UFC events and if you are keeping leagues seperate, ie Leauge 1, BOTR (anything not UFC) League 2....then it needs to stay that way.

Like I said, I understand it, but I would not want to move UFC events over to BOTR cards because in the past we could have probably moved Pride Events to Leauge 1 cards and we did not do that, so I don't see a reason to moving lower quality UFC cards to BOTR. Best of the Rest is named that for a reason, just my .02.

Post #55   2/27/17 2:36:33AM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by LooseCannon

Posted by JLS

I still would vote to keep the UFC cards in the Big Show and leave the L2 League the way it is.

I get the frustration with the saturated cards but where do you draw the line at. I think the idea of putting Fight Pass cards on The BOTR sounds interesting but at the end of the day, it's gonna potential create more issues in the long run IMO.

It would be difficult to pick and choice which cards went where. Some FS1 cards are very good, others aren't. Fox cards are hit and miss lately. And to use PPV #'ed Events only would create crazy long Season's.

No way possible to have the good BOTR fights go on the Big Show and the weak UFC fights go on BOTR. To many grey areas and it would be too much to differentiate which ones go where.

I couldn't agree more...probably because I sent nearly that exact statement to you & the mods a few years ago.

Sent to JLS1980, DoTheMMAth, Shelter, Budgellism via PM 1/22/14

Posted by LooseCannon

To be honest that was an idea that I don't really even believe anymore (referencing Fight Pass moving to L2). The Singapore card was awful & I'm sure there will be others similarly as bad, but once you start changing the rules then it could be a real shady grey area as to where you draw the line. At least for the time being it makes a lot more since to just keep it clear cut how it is, UFC main league, everything else L2.

The only way IMO to turn this site around with more members is new ownership that is actually a part of the site who is willing to put a lot of money down into re-modeling, structuring, and most importantly advertising. Otherwise things should just be kept the same to keep all of us at least content that have remained loyal to the PG (other then removing the "Hot Bout" which recently majority agreed via poll).

Actually 22 people voted to keep the hot bout to only 12 voting to remove it all together.

dont know where this poll is, but I am in favor of keeping the Hot Bout as well....so make that 23.

Last edited 2/27/17 3:01AM server time by xdanish020

Post #56   2/27/17 2:48:08AM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Hate to say it but get rid of everything lower than light heavy teams.

Start merging teams that are less into heavy weight camps.

Two tier.

Heavy and light.

Move 18plus to 25 plus
Have light at 18 plus.

Start having people pick. I would even make it such that for you to be allowed to continue to use the site or forum chat that every day or login it. You are required to select 1 pick off a up coming event before you enter that way its mandatory to select fantasy picks to go on

The one time I will agree with you.....except I wouldn't get rid of every team lower than HW and LHW....just get rid of those 2-3 person teams that are completely meaningless and have those players join larger teams, thus building more talking amongst camp members. And yes, increase the camp sizes too, a lot of teams love to run the lowest amount of players to gain an advantage, if you increase the amount per camp, things will become a little more interesting, imo.

I have been asking for HW to be 25+ members for awhile now.....if camps don't want to add members, they can drop, but adding 5-6 members doesn't seem all that difficult.

Get rid of those 2-3 person teams completely and get those members on larger teams to increase chemistry on the site. Too many of those tiny teams, need to join bigger teams so they can communicate and have more fun.

Post #57   2/27/17 2:59:51AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:2,676-1,566
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
the dwindling pick numbers bother me too.

Posted by Wez

My question is for everyone who still uses MMA Playground: where has everyone gone and (more importantly) what can we do to get people back? I would love to see us thrive again in numbers, get back 1,000+ people so the competition gets fierce at the top. Reach out more w/ media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), share with friends and invite more people? Any other ideas? I miss the old days!

Where have I gone?

Twitter

What can we do to get me back?

Man, it pains me to say it but Twitter and its app are just to convenient for me to use with my phone. I dont like reading forums on my phone, much less participating.

All those years I lived on here were through my laptop. I just dont use it for much anymore.

Post #58   3/2/17 12:50:40PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,324-802
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

-Use free advertising, social media.........facebook, instagram, twitter, etc........it's FREE....I know there's a facebook account, but I don't know who runs it and its not very active, I bet if there was an Instagram Account, Twitter and more active Facebook Account we could draw in a more casual fans, maybe not full time players, but at least bump the numbers a bit, we have fallen to I believe 600 players last event. I remember this site used to have 3000 participating.

Did about 4 status' and lost about 200 likes... Weren't even negative posts or anything.

Dirty Blue

Post #59   3/4/17 4:23:02PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,261-1,751
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by xdanish020

Did about 4 status' and lost about 200 likes... Weren't even negative posts or anything.

Lost 200 likes? How is that.

Also there's a ton of people that log on and just don't make picks too.

And MmaPG isn't the only site that Fantasy Numbers are going down. Other popular sites are dropping in numbers too.

There's a lot of factors that play a part in this.

I'll check and see if I can use the FB account maybe. I don't do Twitter, although I have an account, but I can use FB really effectively.

Post #60   3/4/17 5:51:53PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5