Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on Fox 23 Lock Time

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,054-1,340
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I think it's time for some of you to put your big boy panties on and suck it up like everyone else.

What is wrong with everyone getting their money back and starting from scratch on the second fight ??

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #46   1/28/17 7:34:45PM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,034-1,273
Chips:
We all had money on Gonzalez, only an idiot wouldn't given the betting odds. If you were smart when you saw that the fights were on and the odds still hadn't closed you would have taken your money off Gonzalez and moved it elsewhere knowing this fight wouldn't count.

Post #47   1/28/17 7:45:48PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Career:2,623-1,423
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by george112

I think it's time for some of you to put your big boy panties on and suck it up like everyone else.

What is wrong with everyone getting their money back and starting from scratch on the second fight ??

If you parlayed him you lost out on that. If you chose to bet on him you lose out on your winnings. We were never afforded the opportunity to adjust our wagers and some of us lost big.

Post #48   1/28/17 7:47:10PM   

QuickToLynchYa

MMA Regular

QuickToLynchYa Avatar

Career:3,009-1,556
Camp: BluntForce: Resurrected
Chips:
I understand what you're saying flashy but like you said, not the first time it's happened. You've been a solid mod and appreciate all the times you've helped me out. I'm gonna finish this season out to help win another for DH.

It effects more by canceling it than not. He was still listed as an underdog bonus so how many people could've possibly switched? The only people that are getting screwed are those that picked him, bet huge on, or parlayed him. How is that fair for everyone, considering over 80% picked Cottrell anyways?

Post #49   1/28/17 7:53:29PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bythar

Posted by george112

If you parlayed him you lost out on that. If you chose to bet on him you lose out on your winnings. We were never afforded the opportunity to adjust our wagers and some of us lost big.

you're complaining about money that was not a part of your original bankroll. You got your money back for parlay and straight bets.

You lost exactly how someone lost when they bet big either in a parlay or straight bet. Only difference is here you get your bankroll back and it being due to technicality. Nothing you can do about it once this kind of things happen, except delete the right as if it were never there and move on

Stop being selfish. It would not be fair to the people whom completely ignored that fight wager wise and still won money

Last edited 1/28/17 8:09PM server time by George112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #50   1/28/17 8:03:51PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bythar

Posted by george112

Nobody lost big. You may have won less, but nobody lost a dime because the Gonzalez fight had to be scrapped.

Post #51   1/28/17 8:05:03PM   

Stone

In Full Mount

Stone Avatar

Career:3,466-2,068
Chips:
You cant scrap one thing. If Wagers are scrapped. The event is scrapped. We lose a decent amount if the Gonzalez fight is scrapped, but its better than wasting a whole event.

Post #52   1/28/17 8:10:29PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bythar

Posted by george112

Nobody lost big. You may have won less, but nobody lost a dime because the Gonzalez fight had to be scrapped.

EXACTLY

Post #53   1/28/17 8:14:53PM   

reptiler13

MMA Regular

reptiler13 Avatar

Career:1,896-1,319
Chips:
I understand where you guys are coming from but to scrap the entire wager portion because of it makes no sense.

Post #54   1/28/17 8:20:04PM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,373-838
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bythar

Posted by george112

EXACTLY

People lost big on their 'winnings'. Many hundreds of thousands. That plays a big factor on things when it comes to the season and accolades and you guys keep ignoring it like it doesn't. Idk how you guys don't understand that cancelling this event is the most fair thing to do. None of this would be going on had this error not happened. The right thing to do is hit the delete button and move on to the next event like this one never happened.

Post #55   1/28/17 8:36:42PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,906-2,697
Chips:
I saw either scrap wagers for the event
I dont know about whole event just cause of this was start of season i would say yes but with 2 events left this could have a major outcome come season wrap if one season killed it on this event while others dont gets scrapped

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #56   1/28/17 8:38:12PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by george112

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bythar

Posted by george112

EXACTLY

People lost big on their 'winnings'. Many hundreds of thousands. That plays a big factor on things when it comes to the season and accolades and you guys keep ignoring it like it doesn't. Idk how you guys don't understand that cancelling this event is the most fair thing to do. None of this would be going on had this error not happened. The right thing to do is hit the delete button and move on to the next event like this one never happened.

what it seems like you don't understand is that your solution is only fair to people that bet on Gonzalez

Post #57   1/28/17 8:41:12PM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,373-838
Chips:
With all these different cases being made, I feel from here on out the rule should be if there's ANY kind of error (whether it be in wagers, picks or both) the event should be cancelled and we should move on to the next one. Even though I'm happy with my picks, it seems like the most fair thing to do for everyone, that way there is absolutely NO advantages to anyone in anything.

Post #58   1/28/17 8:44:41PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:4,877-2,686
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's an unfortunate circumstance, but we will handle this the same as we have previously. Treating this situation special is not the proper way to deal with things. I had Gonzalez in my parlay as well, but it's important to be consistent. To the best of my knowledge, we have never cancelled wagers over picks closing late, a fight not happening, or anything thing else only impacting a single fight not counting.

We apologize that this happened. Please keep in mind that we are human. We have jobs. We have families. UFC puts on a ton of events now. I can't guarantee this will never happen again, but believe me when I tell you that the mods (as well as several members) volunteer a ton of time to try and keep everything up to date. Being a mod is a thankless job, so even if you're frustrated that you missed out on a parlay, please at least appreciate the fact that we are adhering to an established protocol. Besides, changing how we handle something "after" knowing the results of the fight is opening up a whole new can of worms.

Post #59   1/28/17 8:55:02PM   

D_O

MMA Regular

D_O Avatar

Career:3,541-2,043
Camp: MMAthematica
Chips:
I think they are doing the right thing just scrapping the fight, like they always do. I had a significant straight bet on Gonzalez, as well as a Gonzalez, Johnson, Pantoja parlay. With that being said it would be wrong to cancel an event because of 1 fight. Just because my winnings are much much smaller than they would/should have been, doesn't mean that one fight should make this event be treated differently than events in the past.

Post #60   1/28/17 10:04:25PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5