Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on Fox 23 Lock Time

Print  
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Career:2,541-1,382
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS

I also had Gonzalez in my parlay and a bet on him.

You can't cancel the entire event over that though. The event that was cancelled in the past was nothing like a 30 min lapse in lock out. People couldn't log on and make their picks for an event.

Like Flashy said just let someone know a bit earlier.

That's a bit like putting the blame on us for a mistake we didn't make.

I wouldn't say to cancel the event, but I think it would be fair t cancel the wagers. I'd like to think I'd push the same approach if I wasn't one of the ones who lost out because of this. That said, I did lose out, and we did as a team. That gives others an advantage.

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #31   1/28/17 7:01:37PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,144-2,324
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by FlashyG

In this instance nobody gained an advantage on anyone else and scrapping the event would anger even more people than leaving them as is will.

People did gain an advantage though. People that hit big bets/parlays on other fights still get their payout, where the people that hit big on Gonzalez don't get there payout, they just get their money back....that's completely not fair.

Unfair would be if someone got paid out for betting on Gonzalez while others didn't. It would also be unfair to count the fight anyways considering some people would have bet on it after the fight was over.

It sucks for those of us who didn't get our big winnings for that fight, but I can guarantee you there would be far more angry people if the bets were scrapped entirely from this event.

Post #32   1/28/17 7:03:00PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,343-1,780
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by JLS

You can't cancel the entire event over that though. The event that was cancelled in the past was nothing like a 30 min lapse in lock out. People couldn't log on and make their picks for an event.

It may not be the same thing that happened last time, but it affected the wagers just as bad. The wagers should at least be cancelled and if the only way to cancel the wagers is by cancelling the event then it should be cancelled. This is the only fair thing to do, then absolutely no ones is affected in any type of way.

More people would be pissed about an entire event getting cancelled I would think. Wait 2 weeks for an event, some people spend a bunch of time researching them and then for what? Get cancelled because of Jason Gonzalez winning. I suppose if those odds would have been set at even money nobody would care as much.

Post #33   1/28/17 7:06:25PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Career:2,541-1,382
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by FlashyG

In this instance nobody gained an advantage on anyone else and scrapping the event would anger even more people than leaving them as is will.

People did gain an advantage though. People that hit big bets/parlays on other fights still get their payout, where the people that hit big on Gonzalez don't get there payout, they just get their money back....that's completely not fair.

Unfair would be if someone got paid out for betting on Gonzalez while others didn't. It would also be unfair to count the fight anyways considering some people would have bet on it after the fight was over.

It sucks for those of us who didn't get our big winnings for that fight, but I can guarantee you there would be far more angry people if the bets were scrapped entirely from this event.

I agree that the fight shouldn't be taken into account, but disagree with the "do nothing" approach. If all the wagers go, the playing field is back to even. As it stands, it's not.

Post #34   1/28/17 7:07:56PM   

Nathan_Arizona

MMA Regular

Nathan_Arizona Avatar

Career:456-283
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Seriously, when it comes to Event Preparation, isn't Event Lock Time the the most important step on the checklist?

Are you guys seriously talking about scrapping the entire wagers portion of this event due to that?

Post #35   1/28/17 7:09:12PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,343-1,780
Chips:

Posted by Bythar

Posted by JLS

That's a bit like putting the blame on us for a mistake we didn't make.

I wouldn't say to cancel the event, but I think it would be fair t cancel the wagers. I'd like to think I'd push the same approach if I wasn't one of the ones who lost out because of this. That said, I did lose out, and we did as a team. That gives others an advantage.

If you want to blame someone, you could blame me. I'm sure I set the lock myself. I'm sure I've entered all or most to all of the UFC Events, start times, fights, etc.

Post #36   1/28/17 7:09:30PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by JLS

It may not be the same thing that happened last time, but it affected the wagers just as bad. The wagers should at least be cancelled and if the only way to cancel the wagers is by cancelling the event then it should be cancelled. This is the only fair thing to do, then absolutely no ones is affected in any type of way.

This time didn't even come close to effecting wagers the way the day long lock did.

The number of betters on that card was a fraction of the normal amount of betters. It had an effect on the entire card as well. This time around only a small portion of betters were inconvenienced but only for a single fight on a 12 fight card.

There is no reason to scrap the wagers for the event, or the event all together. The only fight that needed to be scrapped was scrapped just like it was every other time this has happened.

Ask yourself this. If Cottrell had won that fight would this thread have more than 2 posts? (The OP and Budge's response)

Post #37   1/28/17 7:09:31PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,288-793
Chips:
It's the principle of the situation, you guys. You can't deny this seriously affected the wagers and the only fair thing to do is cancel the wagers. The only way I agree on cancelling the entire event is if that's the only way to cancel the wagers. We should do what's most fair to all and this is what's most fair.

Post #38   1/28/17 7:10:24PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
I'm missing most of this event so I'll comment more after it's done

Post #39   1/28/17 7:14:10PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,889-1,254
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Bro if they delete the fight nobody loses any money.

Wagers don't need to be canceled to be fair. That's bullshit

Post #40   1/28/17 7:15:45PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Nathan_Arizona

Seriously, when it comes to Event Preparation, isn't Event Lock Time the the most important step on the checklist?

Are you guys seriously talking about scrapping the entire wagers portion of this event due to that?

I don't put up the UFC cards, I tend to do the BoTR, but in the UFC cards you're putting them up WAY in advance possibly months before they happen.

Sometimes you can't get an accurate start time, sometimes they get moved, other times you just get it wrong and will usually catch it before the event starts.

Generally speaking they tend to start around the same time.

As far as the cancellation of the event, I can almost guarantee you that no scrapping will happen. This isn't something that is happening for the first time, its happened a bunch of times and every other time, just the fight that started before the lock was deleted and the rest of the card stood.

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #41   1/28/17 7:20:40PM   

QuickToLynchYa

MMA Regular

QuickToLynchYa Avatar

Career:2,586-1,338
Chips:
I was asking for wagers not to count. Gonzalez was basically my centerpiece. I had him picked, parlayed, and a pretty big solo wager. I'm not complaining because of one certain portion. By that fight not counting, I'm getting screwed in way more ways than one. I'm gonna have 7 less points on my score, a correct pick that won't count, and 25k less than I would've finished with.

I agree that if someone notices anything incorrect, they should send a pm and a post. However, most don't even think to check on it because we're depending on other people to do it. We assume that the people with the control would be able to lock in a correct time. They're the moderators, isn't that part of it?

I mean this site is already losing member after member, and now this shit? This was my favorite site for fantasy mma. I've stuck with it for a while, despite numerous people leaving. I don't think I can accept this "mistake."

Post #42   1/28/17 7:22:56PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

It's the principle of the situation, you guys. You can't deny this seriously affected the wagers and the only fair thing to do is cancel the wagers. The only way I agree on cancelling the entire event is if that's the only way to cancel the wagers. We should do what's most fair to all and this is what's most fair.

What's most fair is to do what we have always done in this situation. Scrap the fight and continue on as normal.

It would be more unfair to wipe out everyone elses winnings because a single fight cost a small group of us a portion of our bets.

Barring DotheMMath making the decision to overrule all of us Mods the event will count as normal.

Post #43   1/28/17 7:24:35PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

I was asking for wagers not to count. Gonzalez was basically my centerpiece. I had him picked, parlayed, and a pretty big solo wager. I'm not complaining because of one certain portion. By that fight not counting, I'm getting screwed in way more ways than one. I'm gonna have 7 less points on my score, a correct pick that won't count, and 25k less than I would've finished with.

I agree that if someone notices anything incorrect, they should send a pm and a post. However, most don't even think to check on it because we're depending on other people to do it. We assume that the people with the control would be able to lock in a correct time. They're the moderators, isn't that part of it?

I mean this site is already losing member after member, and now this shit? This was my favorite site for fantasy mma. I've stuck with it for a while, despite numerous people leaving. I don't think I can accept this "mistake."

I'm feeling the same way as you.

Post #44   1/28/17 7:28:44PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

I lost 9pts,(assuming he got a +2 Dog bonus) a correct pick, around 300k in winnings and possibly an event earnings badge.

Still I think it's been handled exactly as it should when something like this happens.

Like I asked before, if Cotrell had won that fight would you still be unwilling to accept the mistake? or would you have said absolutely nothing and happily taken your money back on the bet?

Post #45   1/28/17 7:31:11PM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5