Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on Fox 23 Lock Time

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,144-2,324
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bythar

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

I had a 2 man parlay of Johnson & Gonzalez. Also, had a solo wager with a 10k payout on Gonzalez, as well as having him picked.

I don't see how this could get fucked up. I also don't see how it's fair. I think it would be more fair to scrap the whole wager portion. Why should I pay for someone else's mistake. I had huge money on him and was depending on that. I may go negative now.

I got screwed over by it too. Cost me a 100k single bet win and half of my parlay worth over 500k.

It's not the first time this has happened, it just happened to come on a fight where the odds were very good for the winning fighter.

Had Gonzales lost none of us would be upset by the scrapped fight at all.

It sucks that it affected so many people this time, but I don't think its worth scrapping an event over, especially not when we never scrapped the events any other time it happened.

What about the wager portion as QuicktoLynchYa suggested?

Looks like the three of us are in the same boat here.

I'm not sure if that is even possible, if it is only DotheMMAth would have the ability to do it.

I doubt it will be necessary though. Nobody gained any sort of an advantage due to the lost fight, the system is created to take into account mistakes like this, no contests and draws.

The only issue I see is in cases like ours where you had one of them in your parlay.

I doubled up on both guys in my parlay so that if one lost and the other won, i'd at least break even. With one of the fights gone a loss for the other guy would be devastating.

I'd at least like to see the wager portion cancelled, that's what's affected the most, especially for the people that were in the running for a badge.

How much did you have bet on Gonzalez?

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   1/28/17 6:31:04PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Career:2,541-1,382
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bythar

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

I had a 2 man parlay of Johnson & Gonzalez. Also, had a solo wager with a 10k payout on Gonzalez, as well as having him picked.

I don't see how this could get fucked up. I also don't see how it's fair. I think it would be more fair to scrap the whole wager portion. Why should I pay for someone else's mistake. I had huge money on him and was depending on that. I may go negative now.

I got screwed over by it too. Cost me a 100k single bet win and half of my parlay worth over 500k.

It's not the first time this has happened, it just happened to come on a fight where the odds were very good for the winning fighter.

Had Gonzales lost none of us would be upset by the scrapped fight at all.

It sucks that it affected so many people this time, but I don't think its worth scrapping an event over, especially not when we never scrapped the events any other time it happened.

What about the wager portion as QuicktoLynchYa suggested?

Looks like the three of us are in the same boat here.

I'm not sure if that is even possible, if it is only DotheMMAth would have the ability to do it.

I doubt it will be necessary though. Nobody gained any sort of an advantage due to the lost fight, the system is created to take into account mistakes like this, no contests and draws.

The only issue I see is in cases like ours where you had one of them in your parlay.

I doubled up on both guys in my parlay so that if one lost and the other won, i'd at least break even. With one of the fights gone a loss for the other guy would be devastating.

I'd at least like to see the wager portion cancelled, that's what's affected the most, especially for the people that were in the running for a badge.

I had a fairly big straight bet on him and the parlay that as we just saw would have hit was worth 421k

Post #17   1/28/17 6:34:50PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,288-793
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

In the future I'd strongly urge anyone who notices an incorrect lock time to PM me or any of the other mods in addition to making a thread on the forum. Most of us don't check the forum every time we log in, but I always check my PM's.

I didn't notice until the event started. I'll make sure to keep an eye on start time and give you guys a heads up if it's off.

I remember the last time there was an error for an event, it was cancelled. It happened a couple seasons ago. I know it was for a different reason, but it affected the event (just like this) so we cancelled it. This really affected the wagers so I feel it should be cancelled too.

Post #18   1/28/17 6:38:53PM   

QuickToLynchYa

MMA Regular

QuickToLynchYa Avatar

Career:2,586-1,338
Chips:
Had 2.5k solo wager on Gonzalez, picked by round 2 t/ko, and had a 1k parlay on Gonzalez & Johnson.

Post #19   1/28/17 6:40:04PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Lots, but I'm not in contention for a badge so I'm fine with getting my bankroll back. The ones that are in contention that would have won big are getting affected and I feel for them. If I was in contention and this affected me, then I'd really want it changed, bad. It does affect the bankroll for the camps so that does bother me....I really think it should be cancelled.

Post #20   1/28/17 6:42:52PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
I'm doing good in my picks and I'm still advocating for others that got screwed over.

Post #21   1/28/17 6:46:04PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,144-2,324
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by FlashyG

In the future I'd strongly urge anyone who notices an incorrect lock time to PM me or any of the other mods in addition to making a thread on the forum. Most of us don't check the forum every time we log in, but I always check my PM's.

I didn't notice until the event started. I'll make sure to keep an eye on start time and give you guys a heads up if it's off.

I remember the last time there was an error for an event, it was cancelled. It happened a couple seasons ago. I know it was for a different reason, but it affected the event (just like this) so we cancelled it. This really affected the wagers so I feel it should be cancelled too.

The event that was cancelled was because the site was locked for the entire day leading up to the fights.

It was cancelled because it gave us, (the Mods) and unfair advantage seeing as we were the only ones able to make last minute picks and wagers. It also resulted in less than half the usual number of players and even fewer betters.

In this instance nobody gained an advantage on anyone else and scrapping the event would anger even more people than leaving them as is will.

Post #22   1/28/17 6:50:05PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
lol, now they're replaying the Gonzalez fight on tv prelims...just to rub it in those bastards.

Post #23   1/28/17 6:50:21PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

In this instance nobody gained an advantage on anyone else and scrapping the event would anger even more people than leaving them as is will.

People did gain an advantage though. People that hit big bets/parlays on other fights still get their payout, where the people that hit big on Gonzalez don't get there payout, they just get their money back....that's completely not fair.

Post #24   1/28/17 6:52:46PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,572-927
Chips:
Do you guys mean cancelling just the wagers or the whole card ?

I'm for cancelling the wagers only...it's biased with a a lot of DH guys just commenting but Bythar losing out on 420k is not fair and would have extended our lead...if someone lands a big parlay not using Gonzalez in one of the other contending camps there is even more of a reason for cancelling the wagers

Post #25   1/28/17 6:53:05PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Do you guys mean cancelling just the wagers or the whole card ?

I'm for cancelling the wagers only...it's biased with a a lot of DH guys just commenting but Bythar losing out on 420k is not fair and would have extended our lead...if someone lands a big parlay not using Gonzalez in one of the other contending camps there is even more of a reason for cancelling the wagers

Exactly

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   1/28/17 6:54:27PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,533-2,457
Chips:
I lost gonzalez fight but i did have wagers on gonzalez
I would cancel wagers
The pick was a good underdog plus rate for a fight that was a pick em.

Post #27   1/28/17 6:55:33PM   

Nathan_Arizona

MMA Regular

Nathan_Arizona Avatar

Career:456-283
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Well, there goes my $50K win from that fight. Boooooooooooo.

Post #28   1/28/17 6:56:46PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,343-1,780
Chips:
I also had Gonzalez in my parlay and a bet on him.

You can't cancel the entire event over that though. The event that was cancelled in the past was nothing like a 30 min lapse in lock out. People couldn't log on and make their picks for an event.

Like Flashy said just let someone know a bit earlier.

Post #29   1/28/17 6:58:10PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

I also had Gonzalez in my parlay and a bet on him.

You can't cancel the entire event over that though. The event that was cancelled in the past was nothing like a 30 min lapse in lock out. People couldn't log on and make their picks for an event.

Like Flashy said just let someone know a bit earlier.

It may not be the same thing that happened last time, but it affected the wagers just as bad. The wagers should at least be cancelled and if the only way to cancel the wagers is by cancelling the event then it should be cancelled. This is the only fair thing to do, then absolutely no ones is affected in any type of way.

Post #30   1/28/17 7:01:33PM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5