Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on Fox 23 Lock Time

Print  
  Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

Card

MMA Regular

Card Avatar

Career:2,006-1,086
Camp: Kings United
Chips:
First fight is 4 PM, but lock time isn't until 4:30 PM.

FYI - For any admin that can change it before the card starts.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #1   1/28/17 3:25:08PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:4,872-2,777
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Shit, I didn't notice this at all. Unfortunately that means the 1st fight can't be used. Sorry about that guys. I thought the event was set for 4pm.

Post #2   1/28/17 4:23:01PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Career:2,563-1,395
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'm in the running for a wager badge and that just busted my parlay. Awesome

Post #3   1/28/17 4:30:38PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:4,872-2,777
Chips:

Posted by Bythar

It won't bust your parlay. You'll be knocked down to a 2 man parlay or a straight bet depending on how many fighters you had in your parlay.

Post #4   1/28/17 4:46:38PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bythar

It won't bust your parlay. You'll be knocked down to a 2 man parlay or a straight bet depending on how many fighters you had in your parlay.

It was a two man on Gonzales/Johnson. It may as well be busted.

Last edited 1/28/17 4:52PM server time by bythar
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   1/28/17 4:52:37PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Chips:
Oh well, it happens

Post #6   1/28/17 4:55:45PM   

QuickToLynchYa

MMA Regular

QuickToLynchYa Avatar

Career:2,679-1,381
Chips:
I had a 2 man parlay of Johnson & Gonzalez. Also, had a solo wager with a 10k payout on Gonzalez, as well as having him picked.

I don't see how this could get fucked up. I also don't see how it's fair. I think it would be more fair to scrap the whole wager portion. Why should I pay for someone else's mistake. I had huge money on him and was depending on that. I may go negative now.

Post #7   1/28/17 5:41:57PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,288-793
Chips:

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

I had a 2 man parlay of Johnson & Gonzalez. Also, had a solo wager with a 10k payout on Gonzalez, as well as having him picked.

I don't see how this could get fucked up. I also don't see how it's fair. I think it would be more fair to scrap the whole wager portion. Why should I pay for someone else's mistake. I had huge money on him and was depending on that. I may go negative now.

Post #8   1/28/17 5:45:38PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
I really think the most fair thing to do for everyone is cancel this event. I know it's only 1 fight but it can make a big difference in wagers and it does make a slight difference in picks too. Last season our team lost by 0.2, that 1 bout could make the difference in a situation like that.

Post #9   1/28/17 5:57:44PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Chips:

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

Actually I'm in complete agreement with this.

Post #10   1/28/17 5:58:31PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,226-2,363
Chips:

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

I got screwed over by it too. Cost me a 100k single bet win and half of my parlay worth over 500k.

It's not the first time this has happened, it just happened to come on a fight where the odds were very good for the winning fighter.

Had Gonzales lost none of us would be upset by the scrapped fight at all.

It sucks that it affected so many people this time, but I don't think its worth scrapping an event over, especially not when we never scrapped the events any other time it happened.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #11   1/28/17 6:10:35PM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

I got screwed over by it too. Cost me a 100k single bet win and half of my parlay worth over 500k.

It's not the first time this has happened, it just happened to come on a fight where the odds were very good for the winning fighter.

It sucks that it affected so many people this time, but I don't think its worth scrapping an event over, especially not when we never scrapped the events any other time it happened.

What about the wager portion as QuicktoLynchYa suggested?

Looks like the three of us are in the same boat here.

Post #12   1/28/17 6:12:58PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bythar

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

I'm not sure if that is even possible, if it is only DotheMMAth would have the ability to do it.

I doubt it will be necessary though. Nobody gained any sort of an advantage due to the lost fight, the system is created to take into account mistakes like this, no contests and draws.

The only issue I see is in cases like ours where you had one of them in your parlay.

I doubled up on both guys in my parlay so that if one lost and the other won, i'd at least break even. With one of the fights gone a loss for the other guy would be devastating.

Post #13   1/28/17 6:20:09PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bythar

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

I'm not sure if that is even possible, if it is only DotheMMAth would have the ability to do it.

I doubt it will be necessary though. Nobody gained any sort of an advantage due to the lost fight, the system is created to take into account mistakes like this, no contests and draws.

The only issue I see is in cases like ours where you had one of them in your parlay.

I doubled up on both guys in my parlay so that if one lost and the other won, i'd at least break even. With one of the fights gone a loss for the other guy would be devastating.

I'd at least like to see the wager portion cancelled, that's what's affected the most, especially for the people that were in the running for a badge.

Last edited 1/28/17 6:21PM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   1/28/17 6:20:37PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:
In the future I'd strongly urge anyone who notices an incorrect lock time to PM me or any of the other mods in addition to making a thread on the forum. Most of us don't check the forum every time we log in, but I always check my PM's.

Post #15   1/28/17 6:24:55PM   

Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>