Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mark Hunt: UFC ‘forced’ Alistair Overeem fight on me

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,167-1,312
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Mark Hunt said he felt backed into a corner.

The popular heavyweight fighter said he didn't want to fight Alistair Overeem at UFC 209 on March 4, but felt like he didn't have much of a choice. Hunt is currently suing the UFC for racketeering, fraud and negligence, among other claims, for the situation regarding Brock Lesnar's failed drug tests.

Hunt turned down multiple bouts last year, but told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour that the UFC threatened that he would be in breach of contract if he didn't take the Overeem matchup.

Link

Post #1   1/17/17 11:05:31PM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,469-2,021
Chips:
Just like he was "forced" into a UFC 200 showcase fight against Brock lol. Hunt is something else

Post #2   1/18/17 1:40:41AM   

TeamJones

MMA Regular

TeamJones Avatar

Career:2,003-1,200
Camp: Capall dorcha
Chips:
I'm tired of Mark Hunt!
1st he didn't complain when he beat Big Foot, or Mir, but when he basically got wrestled to death by Brock(Hunt's weakness) and lost, is when he started to complain. I believe it happened when it was disclosed that Brock made I think $3 Million.

I honestly think Brock could turn around and file a counter claim against Hunt for acussing him of taking steroids, because technically Brock didn't take steroids, he took estrogen blockers. Hunt's lawyers might have told him to stop saying steroid user and say cheater.

Also Hunt says he wants all his oppentants purse if they get popped by USADA, because they broke their contract. Well if the UFC grants this, then coming in overweight, then they should be stripped of their purse because they broke their contract also?

Post #3   1/18/17 3:25:36PM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,664-1,025
Camp: Burlingtonians Only
Chips:

Posted by TeamJones

I'm tired of Mark Hunt!
1st he didn't complain when he beat Big Foot, or Mir, but when he basically got wrestled to death by Brock(Hunt's weakness) and lost, is when he started to complain. I believe it happened when it was disclosed that Brock made I think $3 Million.

I honestly think Brock could turn around and file a counter claim against Hunt for acussing him of taking steroids, because technically Brock didn't take steroids, he took estrogen blockers. Hunt's lawyers might have told him to stop saying steroid user and say cheater.

Also Hunt says he wants all his oppentants purse if they get popped by USADA, because they broke their contract. Well if the UFC grants this, then coming in overweight, then they should be stripped of their purse because they broke their contract also?

I agree. Also, prior to the Lesnar fight, didn't he say something to the effect - that he doesn't care if someone takes steroids because he can knock them out all the same? Obviously not the exact quote and I dont feel like doing research on this, so I am using a disclaimer that I thought he said something like that.

Post #4   1/18/17 5:01:49PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:5,416-3,592
Chips:
I'm kind on Hunt's side on this one. They pulled some massive strings for Brock, he cheated and got away with millions. As far as being forced to fight, they can't do that he signed a contract he needs to honor it just like the UFC needs to uphold their part. I think a significant portion of the purse (say 50%?) should go to the clean fighter just like when they miss weight.

Post #5   1/18/17 5:23:30PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,329-3,478
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Getting tired of hunt now.
U got paid well for lesnar fight

Post #6   1/18/17 8:35:59PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

they can't just sit me at the back of the bus without having any work. You can't do that.

If you turned down multiple fights they aren't exactly keeping you at the back of the bus without having any work.

You're turning down the work and then getting angry that you're not working.

I fully support the idea that someone who tests positive after a fight should offer some of their pay to their opponent just as they do when they miss weight, but Hunt seems like he's just after money no matter how he can get it.

Post #7   1/18/17 10:24:34PM