Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Robbie Lawler departs from American Top Team

Print  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,288-793
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Robbie Lawler is looking for a new gym to call home.

The former UFC welterweight champion has left American Top Team, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani on Wednesday. ENT Imports was the first to report the news.

Link

Post #1   1/11/17 8:41:40PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:1,875-1,287
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Whoa?!?! Unexpected news. I wonder why he's leaving. Does he blame the loss on ATT? Does he feel like he needs a change to get the belt back? Does he feel betrayed because Woodley is ATT, too? So many questions.

Regardless, he needs to go somewhere he can hone his striking in more. He's in the tail end of his career, he's not going to be a BJJ bb anytime soon. Best he can do is increase the arsenal of his striking. Bang in CO might be a good choice or TriStar but I don't see Robbie moving to Canada.

Post #2   1/11/17 10:34:25PM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,722-1,509
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Whoa?!?! Unexpected news. I wonder why he's leaving. Does he blame the loss on ATT? Does he feel like he needs a change to get the belt back? Does he feel betrayed because Woodley is ATT, too? So many questions.

Regardless, he needs to go somewhere he can hone his striking in more. He's in the tail end of his career, he's not going to be a BJJ bb anytime soon. Best he can do is increase the arsenal of his striking. Bang in CO might be a good choice or TriStar but I don't see Robbie moving to Canada.

It's funny you said that because for some reason I thought of Duane first as well. Idk if he would like being trained by someone who was fighting around his early days that didn't amount to as much as he did though. Maybe Tri Star but he would fight GSP so I doubt it. Alliance would be best for me !

Post #3   1/12/17 1:03:04AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,344-2,815
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well, wherever he goes it needs to be filled with top talent...that's what works for him. He had a similar run in MMA during the Miletich days.

Post #4   1/12/17 9:41:37AM