Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mark Hunt files civil suit against UFC, Dana White, Brock Lesnar

Print  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,288-793
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Mark Hunt has taken his grievances against the UFC to court.

The veteran heavyweight filed a civil suit in U.S. District Court on Tuesday naming Brock Lesnar, UFC president Dana White, and the UFC’s parent company Zuffa LLC as defendants, and seeking damages “in the millions” for the controversy surrounding Lesnar’s two failed drug tests ahead of his return fight against Hunt at UFC 200.

The suit alleges racketeering, fraud, negligence, and breach of contract among eight charges levied by Hunt against the UFC, Lesnar, and White. Hunt’s lead attorney, Christina Denning, confirmed the validity of the suit to MMA Fighting on Tuesday night following an initial report by ESPN.

Link

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   1/11/17 1:44:21AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,654-967
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'm so glad he is doing this and kind of been waiting for it to happen. The UFC are fucking scum bags and they know it fordoing this to Hunt, it's completely negligible. If the UFC had any fucken heart they would settle out of court and give Hunt a sizeable payout.

Post #2   1/11/17 3:35:21AM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:1,916-1,184
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Fingers crossed this pays off...

Post #3   1/11/17 5:32:30PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,632-3,047
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If the Reem pops it just makes his case that much stronger...either way, this will likely settle out of court quickly (say a year). UFC has covered their asses very well against these kinds of things, Hunt will leave the way Randy did.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #4   1/12/17 9:36:04AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,302-2,408
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think he's technically suing the UFC's former owners not the current ones as they weren't in charge at the time of the Lesnar fight.

Settlement is the most likely outcome but if it goes to court I don't see him winning anything from Zuffa.

It does set an interesting precedent though, Fighters suing other fighters when they fail a drug test.

Hunt did get screwed over pretty badly, I think it would be fitting if Lesnar was forced to pay his winnings from that fight to Hunt.

Post #5   1/12/17 2:42:04PM