Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

West Coast Storm Surge

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,131-1,484
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Hey all,

Hope everyone on the PG is doing well. I am sitting here (Jan 8 @ 11:18am) bored at work right now because of the storm moving through the pacific northwest. I work for a winery and weather like this keeps people from visiting and doing wine tasting.

While we don't get hurricanes, tornadoes, or massive snow fall where I live (Sonoma County, an hour north of San Francisco), the level of water being dumped in my area is unreal. I was driving to work and on ramps/off ramps closed due to flooding. The water was about 12 inches from flooding the only highway we have here, Hwy 101. Winds are wild, this morning at about 10am I heard what sounded like a shotgun blast a few houses down, had to be either a transformer blowing or a fallen tree. The biggest river around (Russian River) is set to get several feet above the flood level. Which is wild because something like this hasn't happened in like 50-60 years IIRC. A ton of road closures, which is problematic for us here in Sonoma County because once you get off the only hwy around, it's all windy, mountainous, back roads. So, a road closure due to flooding could cause upwards of a 60-90 minute detour for someone (imagine you climb a hill to your house, flooding or mud slide closes it, now you head back down and around the mountain to other side and make a another trek up a back road and hopes that's not fucked, too). *as I'm writing this, rain is dropping at a much, much shallower angle than 45deg. gotta be more like 50-60deg with how hard the winds are.* They were predicting gusts up to 50-60mph but staying steady between 10-30mph.

Now, I normally flip to the weather channel to see the details about my area when something like this happens, but the west coast barely gets any coverage because, well frankly put, snow storms and the east coast's storms usually take precedent over our 'sissy storms'. I get it. But when I flipped to them today, I noticed most of the coverage was on the west coast. Gotta be worth something, I guess.

Anyways, wondering if anyone in the Pacific Northwest is experiencing anything wild and out-of-the-ordinary.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   1/8/17 2:19:53PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,131-1,484
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
My girlfriend just texted me that the highway now is completely under water. Trying to figure out how I'm going to get home lol...

Post #2   1/8/17 3:42:32PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
Good luck buddy hope you have food and water if stranded

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   1/8/17 7:00:55PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,198-3,006
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Agreed SS. Although I'm sure you'll be fine hopefully the weather passes quickly and you get home at a reasonable time.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #4   1/8/17 7:48:03PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,938-3,265
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Oh hell, stay safe and keep your family safe man...made me glad I live in Arizona!

Post #5   1/8/17 11:40:42PM