Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson rematch set for UFC 206

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,186-1,325
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
A UFC light heavyweight title showdown is coming to Toronto.

Champion Daniel Cormier will defend his title against Anthony Johnson at UFC 206 at Toronto's Air Canada Centre on Dec. 10. The fight was announced on Wednesday's edition of the FS1 program UFC Tonight.

Link

Post #1   10/5/16 8:36:46PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,354-3,497
Chips:
Guess gsp deal didnt get done.
Thats the main event.

Post #2   10/5/16 8:51:30PM   

BruceFukkinLee

MMA Regular

BruceFukkinLee Avatar

Career:887-607
Chips:
This is a great main event for the Toronto show, would have been nice to see a gsp comeback fight but who knows it could still happen as a co-main. I'm sure they are going to try and stack this card somewhat. Hopefully I can score tickets without having to sell my kids on the black market.

Post #3   10/5/16 10:53:27PM   

jae_1833

Bullfrog actual

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:6,536-4,360
Chips:
Awesome fight! I really am hoping for a fast Rumble ko...it would just be way more entertaining than seeing DC grind Rumble to dust again.

Post #4   10/5/16 11:04:26PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:4,600-2,808
Chips:
Anyone one else think maybe we'll get GSP vs Nate Diaz?

Post #5   10/6/16 1:22:20AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,610-1,669
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
I really hope rumble fights smarter this time around. He really did himself in by not flipping the switch from butchering mode to grappling mode. If you try to punch your way out of bad grappling positions, you're gonna have a bad time.

Post #6   10/6/16 8:43:27AM   

RhythmAndStyle

Straight Flexin'

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,924-2,397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Anyone one else think maybe we'll get GSP vs Nate Diaz?

hey u never know, the UFC is doing alot of funny business lately and they did add a bunch of fights to UFC200 at the last minutes..watch them hold off on GSP return, and then break the news in late Nov. and honestly i could care less about who wins this match up..boring ass DC is mostly likely gonna win

Post #7   10/6/16 11:36:50AM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,903-2,311
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I really hope rumble fights smarter this time around. He really did himself in by not flipping the switch from butchering mode to grappling mode. If you try to punch your way out of bad grappling positions, you're gonna have a bad time.

It's gotta be hard for Rumble tho. He's fought for years without having to fear a TD and there is no one whom he could train with that can mimick DC's TDs. I think if you are Rumble you live by the power and you die by the power. He just isn't going to win a lot of fights that get out of the first. He hit DC with everything but the kitchen sink and DC ate it like a champ. I don't think either are going to change up their game plans.

Post #8   10/6/16 1:29:35PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,186-1,325
Chips:
No way GSP fights Nate Diaz. IF GSP fights any Diaz it would be Nick Diaz.

I'm thinking Nate's holding out until he gets his trilogy fight with Conor, even it it takes a couple years. He just made tons of cash with those last two fights so he doesn;t need to come back anytime soon.

GSP does want to fight Nick Diaz again so that's a real possibility.

Tickets go on the sale October 18th (fight club presale), October 19th (newsletter presale) and October 20th (general onsale). If GSP is on the card they'll probably announce it a couple days before ticket sales. If they don't before tickets go on sale, then he's very likely not on the card..

@BruceFukkinLee - The newsletter presale code is UFCSOCIAL if you want to get tickets before the general public. Without GSP on the card, the top ticket price will be around $400-$500. With GSP on the card it'll probably be $700-$800 for the top price tickets. You can still get much cheaper tickets than that though. $50-$150 will get you in the door.

Post #9   10/6/16 3:34:26PM   

BruceFukkinLee

MMA Regular

BruceFukkinLee Avatar

Career:887-607
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

No way GSP fights Nate Diaz. IF GSP fights any Diaz it would be Nick Diaz.

I'm thinking Nate's holding out until he gets his trilogy fight with Conor, even it it takes a couple years. He just made tons of cash with those last two fights so he doesn;t need to come back anytime soon.

GSP does want to fight Nick Diaz again so that's a real possibility.

Tickets go on the sale October 18th (fight club presale), October 19th (newsletter presale) and October 20th (general onsale). If GSP is on the card they'll probably announce it a couple days before ticket sales. If they don't before tickets go on sale, then he's very likely not on the card..

@BruceFukkinLee - The newsletter presale code is UFCSOCIAL if you want to get tickets before the general public. Without GSP on the card, the top ticket price will be around $400-$500. With GSP on the card it'll probably be $700-$800 for the top price tickets. You can still get much cheaper tickets than that though. $50-$150 will get you in the door.

That's awesome, thanks for the ticket info and promo code Five!

As for Nick, with all his pot smoking with celebrities media attention and what seems a refusal to pay his fine I don't think we are going to see him fight anytime soon. Guessing Nate would pay it for him but he just doesn't really give a fuck about fighting right now. It's too bad he has a shitty attitude because he could have been so much more in the ufc.

Post #10   10/6/16 10:38:46PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,629-1,528
Chips:
Rumble looks to have improved his overall grappling, he always had good tdd and takedowns, it's when fighters get into a dominant position on him he usually folds. I still don't know if he can withstand DC pressure fighting and if it goes past 3 rounds I think Rumbles chances drop significantly...I actually hope Rumble wins so we can finally see him vs Bones. I don't really give a fuck who is champ I just wanna see some sick match ups..this is a good fight but it's not totally unpredictable what can happen with Rumble vs DC, whereas Jones vs Rumble has so many ???

Post #11   10/7/16 4:12:12AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,629-1,528
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by airkerma

It's gotta be hard for Rumble tho. He's fought for years without having to fear a TD and there is no one whom he could train with that can mimick DC's TDs. I think if you are Rumble you live by the power and you die by the power. He just isn't going to win a lot of fights that get out of the first. He hit DC with everything but the kitchen sink and DC ate it like a champ. I don't think either are going to change up their game plans.

I agree with this mostly but I don't think Rumble really gasses from his strikes, it's when guys start Grappling the shit out of him he usually folds, he kind of panics whenever he is out on his back or is taken down..training with Melanconhas definitely helped him and maybe he has gotten more comfortable in those uncomfortable positions

Post #12   10/7/16 4:16:10AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,610-1,669
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I guess I'd just like to see him not try to punch his way out of mount bottom ex: Vitor vs Weidman. He did a lot of that nonsense in their first fight.

Post #13   10/7/16 8:48:55AM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:
Pretty much agree with the majority here. Rumble needs to get him out of there quick or he's in for a long night. I'm still backing Rumble though! Been a huge fan even when he starving himself to pick on welterweights lol

It's a win-win for us. Rumble could win the belt and give us the epic Rumble/Jones fight we've been waiting for or he loses and could go to Heavyweight and be an instant threat there. Cain would be his headache there.

I just think it's a lot to ask of a man to take the kind of shots Rumble throws again. I know DC did it before but those were some brutal shots. You punch resistance doesn't get better as you fight on. I'm still picking Johnson by KO!

Post #14   10/7/16 9:33:09AM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,903-2,311
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by airkerma

I guess I'd just like to see him not try to punch his way out of mount bottom ex: Vitor vs Weidman. He did a lot of that nonsense in their first fight.

I've seen it be effective

Post #15   10/9/16 11:52:25PM