Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Michael Bisping wants Chris Weidman fight, says Yoel Romero is not deserving

Print  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,288-793
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
As Michael Bisping gets set to tangle with Dan Henderson for the UFC middleweight title in less than two weeks' time at UFC 204, a mini-tournament of sorts is expected to help determine the next challenger in line.

The reigning champ has two main thoughts about the impending fights: 1. Romero should be disqualified from consideration for a title shot due to his recent USADA suspension; 2. Weidman is the fight which interests him the most out of the four potential opponents, should Bisping beat Henderson.

"I'll tell you who I don't think deserves it -- Yoel Romero," Bisping said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I don't think he deserves it. There's no smoke without fire. He got a reduced sentence, but the fact is, he still got a sentence. Even if you take performance enhancing drugs, the benefits of those stay in your system for a long, long time. So I don't think Yoel Romero deserves it."

"I would like Chris Weidman simply because, listen, for all the back and forth and the s--- talking and because for all of that, I respect Chris Weidman," Bisping said. "I like Chris Weidman and what he does. He's got a little bit of a case of sour grapes and this and that, he's talking a lot s--- about me, but, you know, I respect this guy, the way carries himself and this and that, you know, he's a likable guy. But he's talking shit, so I'd like to fight him."

Link

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   10/2/16 6:38:39PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 69-83

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:3,286-2,159
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Bisping better be careful what he wishes for, Weidman & Romero would mop the floor with him without breaking a sweat !

Post #2   10/2/16 10:19:04PM   

One_Hit_Quit

MMA Regular

One_Hit_Quit Avatar

Career:4,414-2,486
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Sounds like Bisping is putting an awful lot of thought into his next title defense. He better hope he can make it past Hendo.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #3   10/2/16 11:59:53PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,569-2,481
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Romero undefeated in the ufc not deserving but hendo is??

Post #4   10/3/16 9:37:34AM