Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Connor vs Diaz, who do you got?

Print  
Who wins the rematch?
Diaz 16 76%
McGregor 5 24%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:
IMO Connor can easily win this fight if he's worked on his cardio and plays the matador like Condit did against Nick. That's his 100% bulletproof safe way to win this fight. His only other option is too catch Diaz clean like Thompson but that's EXTREMELY hard to do. The Diaz brothers are almost impossible to finish. He's a so much more well rounded striker. He could easily out point Diaz if he stays on the outside. Utilities Kicks, 1-2's, movement, and speed over trying to overpower him. You'll never win a war with a Diaz brothers. You just can't match their cardio and toughness. This is Connor's fight to lose.

With that said I'm going Diaz. I don't see Connor staying on the outside for 5 rounds.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   8/17/16 3:46:23PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,707-1,000
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Please... Conor does not win this fight easily if he has cardio...Nate is the bigger, more skilled, tougher, more experienced fighter. This will be an embarrassment this time mark my words. Nate has a knack of making good fighters look like shit and this time Nate will throw his jab out there and there won't be a thing Conor can do about it

Post #2   8/18/16 2:24:03AM   

BruceFukkinLee

MMA Regular

BruceFukkinLee Avatar

Career:626-410
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Nate's going to hand Conor his first KO loss this time around!

Post #3   8/18/16 11:34:07AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,075-1,434
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by BruceFukkinLee

Nate's going to hand Conor his first KO loss this time around!

Wouldn't that be a nice little treat!

Post #4   8/18/16 5:57:14PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Please... Conor does not win this fight easily if he has cardio...Nate is the bigger, more skilled, tougher, more experienced fighter. This will be an embarrassment this time mark my words. Nate has a knack of making good fighters look like shit and this time Nate will throw his jab out there and there won't be a thing Conor can do about it

Love him or hate him Connor was lighting Nate up in the beginning of the fight. Anything else is just pure ignorance and bias towards your hatred for McGregor. Everybody with a brain knows McGregor is the more SKILLED and technical striker.

Post #5   8/18/16 10:03:26PM   

BruceFukkinLee

MMA Regular

BruceFukkinLee Avatar

Career:626-410
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by aussiemma

Love him or hate him Connor was lighting Nate up in the beginning of the fight. Anything else is just pure ignorance and bias towards your hatred for McGregor. Everybody with a brain knows McGregor is the more SKILLED and technical striker.

I just watched that fight again and Conor didn't outbox Diaz by much. Nate landed many good crisp jabs and could box with Conor all day. Nate had more strikes landed, more significant strikes landed, more Stockton Slaps landed and higher striking percentages.
At the end of this sequel fight Notorious is going to be eating his Lucky Charms through a straw for 6-8 weeks!

Post #6   8/18/16 11:05:21PM   

handyman293

In Full Mount

handyman293 Avatar

Career:1,012-714
Chips:
Making Nate bleed does not equal outboxing due to his enormous amount of scar tissue. I do agree Connor won the first round, but it ended exactly as I thought it would, with Nate subbing him in the 2nd. If Connor has fixed that cardio, I still see him getting subbed again. He is no where near Nate's level on the ground.

Post #7   8/18/16 11:17:31PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Chips:
Connor is a lot more versatile striker whereas Diaz uses pretty much only his hands minus a leg kick once in a blue moon. All I'm saying Is Connor has the tools to beat him if he fights smart.

At the end of the day the argument is kind of pointless since I'm not even picking Connor to win. Especially with how heated the last few days have been. Diaz is making Connor emotional just like Connor did to Aldo. Connor won't be able to hold his composure IMO.

I just feel like Connor at least deserves a little respect. He was EXTREMELY overhyped but it's not like he's complete shit. Not to mention he could of taken a lot easier fight coming off a loss but chose to risk EVERYTHING and try to avenge. You definitely can't question his balls.

Last edited 8/18/16 11:57PM server time by 40ouncetpkid
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   8/18/16 11:55:55PM   

handyman293

In Full Mount

handyman293 Avatar

Career:1,012-714
Chips:
I never questioned his balls, he's got plenty. Believe me, I'm not a fan of the Diaz bro's antics either. Good on you for bringing this up. I just think Connor will lose again.

Post #9   8/19/16 12:05:58AM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Chips:
No worries, I love a good discussion

Post #10   8/19/16 12:10:04AM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,336-1,452
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
I don't think Conor can "fix his cardio" by fight night. Their first fight was march 6th of this year. This fight is happening this saturday, august 20th. That's a span of 5 months, 6 if you count march since it was just the beginning of march when the fight happened. In 5-6 months I don't think McGregor can do enough conditioning training, even if that was his entire camp, to close the gap on conditioning with a dude who has the cardio to do triathlons and marathons, etc. Think about it from a perspective of weight lifting. How many months of lifting every day does it take for you to feel noticeable gains, more power, higher max bench wait, etc. It takes a long ass time. Those gains are slow. It'd take him a LONG time to close that gap. Same as with his ground game. He could've spent every second of every day he spent at camp training on his BJJ and sub defense, and I'd wager Diaz still cuts through him like butter. If we assume that Conor was brown belt level during their last fight, though he's likely more purple belt level in all reality, but how the fuck would I know, I'm not a practitioner at a legit BJJ academy or anything; you think he'd be able to reach black belt level in 6 months? Of course not. Gains, be they technical or physical, come over long periods of time. I think the gap is just too wide to close in the time Conor had. The longer this fight goes the more it favors Diaz.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #11   8/19/16 5:26:15AM   

scoozna

10 Year Service Award Winner

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,944-1,713
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Yeah, I don't think Connor up his cardio game that quickly either. He'd have to fight a lot "smarter" and win on points against Diaz, which is a very tall order for him because of his style. Like 40oz said, I don't see him getting in and getting out to score here and there. But that's what makes him exciting to watch.

Post #12   8/19/16 2:50:09PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by aussiemma

When did I say I hate him ? I don't hate any fighter.. I like Conor he's funny. A lot of people have re-watched the fight and come to the same conclusions as me.. Conor landed some clean beautiful shots but he didn't dominate as much as I thought and a lot of the shots I thought had landed first time were in fact glancing onto Nate's shoulder.

Nate is definitely the more experienced and SKILLED MMA fighter anything else is pure ignorance

Post #13   8/19/16 6:58:00PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Chips:
http://s209.photobucket.com/user/Ortayga/media/conor_zpsatojhczy.gif.html

Don't know why it would not allow me to put into proper web link. Cool little gif of a snippet of the first fight.

Last edited 8/19/16 7:02PM server time by aussiemma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   8/19/16 7:00:26PM   

coreymb

Learning to Sprawl

Career:569-331
Camp: MMAJunkie All-Stars
Chips:
I think conor can win this for sure. Last time out he was training for RDA, not Diaz. Full camp and all means nothing with that kind of switch. He was also bragging how he could eat whatever he wanted. He wasn't used to carrying that size. I think conor will show better here. He's had months to fully train with the added weight and zero in on just Diaz.

Shit last fight wasn't a landslide, but Connor won all save for what, a minute?

I expect conor to use better movement, conserve energy and look for the kill when its there. Diaz bros react poorly to better strikers with great movement.

As for my pick? Lean conor but idfk.

Post #15   8/20/16 2:20:19AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2