Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar vs.

Print  
Your pick
Top 15 fighter(post in comments) 1 5%
Top 10 fighter(post in comments) 7 37%
Top 5 fighter(post in comments) 5 26%
Title shot 6 32%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Michael_Corleone

I'm knocking out all bums

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:2,040-1,134
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar returned at UFC 200 defeating Mark Hunt via unanimous decision. Brock Lesnar still shares the record for most UFC heavyweight title defenses and defeated the #8 heavyweight in the world.

Who do you want to see Brock Lesnar fight next, assuming he comes back to fight in November(wink, wink nudge, nudge).

Last edited 7/10/16 6:47PM server time by michael_corleone
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   7/10/16 6:47:12PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:1,948-1,335
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I voted Title Fight for basically one reason. He's the only contender standing not booked.

CURRENT UFC RANKING LANDSCAPE:

Champion : Stipe Miocic
1 Fabricio Werdum - Booked against Rothwell
2 Cain Velasquez - Win @ 200. Open for next fight.
3 Alistair Overeem - booked against Stipe
4 Junior Dos Santos - Coming off win v Rothwell. Open to fight.
5 Ben Rothwell - Booked against Werdum
6 Andrei Arlovski - Booked v Barnett but coming off 2 losses
7 Travis Browne - Lost to Cain @ 200
8 Mark Hunt - Just beat him
9 Josh Barnett - too low in rankings, a step backwards for this match
10 Roy Nelson - too low in rankings, a step backwards for this match

Again, voted for title fight but after going through this I wish I could change my answer to TOP 5 opponent. I personally would like to see Cain v Lesnar 2 because they both are different fighters than they were @ 121 back in Oct. 2010. But if Overeem wins that belt, I could see Dana making Lesnar v Overeem for the title just because of the possible ratings.

Now, this is all speculatory and a fans wish as there is no confirmation Brock will return. Both the WWE and UFC must come to an agreement over the terms once again because I heard this was a 'one-off' thing. But after seeing all the embeddeds and his demeanor all week, I truly believe he misses MMA and the thrill of real competition.

Post #2   7/10/16 7:19:29PM   

Michael_Corleone

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Chips:
Haven't voted yet but interested to see where everyone's head is at on this one.

I was gonna say I'd like him to fight the Black Beast next, but he may be too low ranked for Brock. Brock is in a weird spot. You give him someone ranked too low and everyone bitches that the UFC is "babying" him. You give him a #1 contender fight or title shot and everyone complains that Brock doesn't deserve such a high profile fight in the division.

I'm just happy he's back. The UFC is just so much better with Brock Lesnar. Even though the circumstances were all fucked up, having Brock Lesnar and Anderson Silva on the same card was something I'd hoped to see eventually and it finally happened last night at UFC 200.

Post #3   7/10/16 7:37:02PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,387-1,802
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Voted Top 10.

Here's why. I think the timing will be right for Cain to fight Miocic/Overeem winner.

My list of fights would include Arlovski/Barnett winner Top option. Either Browne or Rothwell even though they are both coming off losses. Or have Browne vs Rothwell winner fights Brock.

And another choice would be even though he's oddly ranked below a guys he just beat Derrick Lewis.

Arlovski/Barnett (Preferably Arlovski)
Browne or Rothwell (Preferrably Rothwell)
and Derrick Lewis

That's my 5 Top fights for Brock. And I think reasonable and realistic ones too.

Post #4   7/10/16 8:50:36PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,222-1,377
Chips:
I go top 5 and I think I'd vote JDS. If memory serves, those two were supposed to fight after the ultimate fighter once and I believe him being hospitalized with diverticulitis scratched the fight. Can't remember who JDS fought instead. My memory is awful. Hell, I may not even be remembering this right. It's a good fight, and if you look at what Cain did to beat JDS, push him against the cage, wear him down, no reason to think Lesnar wouldn't try the same thing. That's a fight I'd be interested in.

Post #5   7/10/16 11:00:04PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,569-2,481
Chips:
I wouldnt give him a top 5 opponent yet.

I say Derrick lewis

Post #6   7/10/16 11:16:13PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,506-2,932
Chips:
I'd like for him to fight Overeem if he losses and if that fight isn't possible I don't know what to do, I think Cain would beat him again and badly too. The pace would just be too much for him from what I saw last night. I also think the fight needs to be big and saleable, Black Beast isn't there yet to be honest...he also could unnecessarily derail the big draw and ruin further sales possibilities. I think JDS wouldn't sell either. So...yeah hopefully Stipe gets through Overeem and Brock can get that rematch.

Post #7   7/10/16 11:18:33PM   

coreymb

Learning to Sprawl

Career:412-262
Camp: MMAJunkie All-Stars
Chips:
Two ways to play it.

Ufc goes big and wants a top five opponent. Still winnable for Brock? Maybe. But, to really make this ufc/wwe relationship work, I think a more manageable fight happens, so both sides have less to risk and can gain big. . Brock vs DL comes to mind. Brock brings ratings regardless, but it may not be all about most enticing match up possible.

Post #8   7/11/16 2:44:25AM   

Michael_Corleone

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Chips:
After sleeping on it, I'm voting Top 5 fighter. Whether it be JDS, Werdum, or the Stipe/Reem loser. Any other fighter coming back from what Brock has come back from easily deserves another tune-up fight, but this is Brock Lesnar. Brock has always been the exception and not the rule. If Brock is serious about pushing himself and competing at the highest level, then he should fight a Top 5 guy. The Top 5 guys are the ones that deserve to receive the payday that comes along with fighting Brock as well.

Post #9   7/11/16 3:47:05PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:4,823-2,751
Chips:
Lesnar ended up looking way better than I thought he would. I didn't even consider him winning that fight honestly. Shows what I know. That makes a 2nd fight so much more interesting and unpredictable. I can't see him doing a one-off after winning so easily against a guy like Hunt. I just have no clue who he'll end up fighting. I don't think win or loss streaks will apply for Brock so anyone on that list is possible imo. He actually came back at a perfect time if he wants to go for the title again. Cain's reign of terror is over and there are a bunch of title contenders out there but none of them really stand out so Brock could end up fighting the winner of Miocic and Overeem. Who knows.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't really have an answer, I'm just excited to see what happens. It's a big ? to me as of right now.

Post #10   7/11/16 6:35:58PM   

CaseyJones

MMA Regular

CaseyJones Avatar

Career:67-49
Chips:
New owners.
Maybe they'll throw a pile of money at fedor for another superfight snoozefest

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #11   7/12/16 12:49:55PM   

coreymb

Learning to Sprawl

Career:412-262
Camp: MMAJunkie All-Stars
Chips:
Retirement...apparently.

Post #12   7/16/16 12:27:51AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:1,948-1,335
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
USADA.....

Post #13   7/16/16 4:04:32AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,507-2,906
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

USADA.....

Beat me to it.

Post #14   7/18/16 2:28:42PM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,420-1,979
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Black Beast... everyone knows it. It's a good matchup for both fighters and should result in the fire works we were expecting for Hunt v Brock.

Not all that relevant but I heard Hunt suffered an injury in training camp.... heard it before the fight and Hunt really didn't look 100% to me. Not to take anything away from Brock who fought like he had plenty of octagon XP.

Last edited 7/20/16 12:11PM server time by billsnewaccount
Edit note/reason: *not to tack?!?!?

Post #15   7/18/16 2:31:14PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2