Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Eddie Alvarez would welcome 'gimme fight' vs. Conor McGregor

Print  
Who would you pick?
Alvarez 11 73%
McGregor 4 27%
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
"I would ask [UFC president] Dana White, 'Please give me an easier fight, like Conor McGregor,'" Alvarez said. "I deserve that. I've been fighting the best guys, so I would like a gimme fight. So, Conor, I'd more than welcome that."

Link

Last edited 7/8/16 2:32PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   7/8/16 12:00:35PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,159-1,735
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Rip to Eddie's chin

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   7/8/16 1:26:00PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,707-1,000
Chips:
RIP to Conor's mouth haha

Post #3   7/8/16 4:16:44PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,795-1,170
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Congrats eddie!!!! First former bellator champ to become ufc champ as well....

Unfortunately i didn't pick eddie lol

I picked dc,gadelha,and had eddie then i thought naw too many underdogs so i switched eddie......

Just my luck he goes out and finished rda in the first......

My question is after seeing eddie takeout RDA.....Do u guys think mcgregor coulda did the same????

Post #4   7/8/16 6:49:37PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,075-1,434
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Eddie I think would take it. Eddie has one helluva game plan in his last several fights. Hard to plan for Melendez but Pettis, he ground him to a decision, very smart. Now he bangs with RDA, smart (in hindsight) because RDA best weapon is his wrestling grind & takedown. Lull him into a slugfest and look for openings because he's swinging wild.

I think he beats Conor. Conor has shown his inexperience on the ground in the Diaz fight (although getting rocked early in the fight could be an argument that he wasn't his normal self). And he has yet to really show solid wrestling credential in the cage. I think Eddie wins via game plan and execution.

Post #5   7/8/16 9:55:36PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,159-1,735
Chips:

My question is after seeing eddie takeout RDA.....Do u guys think mcgregor coulda did the same????

If RDA chose to stand, McGregor very well might have. Dos Anjos seemed to fall in love with his striking the last few fights.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #6   7/8/16 10:27:49PM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,555-2,066
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by kopower

If RDA chose to stand, McGregor very well might have. Dos Anjos seemed to fall in love with his striking the last few fights.

Yeah, if RDA wants to win against good strikers like Cerrone he will need to rely on his wrestling.

Post #7   7/9/16 3:36:35PM