Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Emelianenko says he's closer than ever to signing with the UFC

Print  
  Page 8 of 8   <<   5     6     7     8  
Posted By Message

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by george112

What would lead you to believe as such? I mean besides all the evidence to the contrary present in pretty much every single Fedor thread since his last loss to a TRT Hendo

The nail has been hit on the head once again and to no surprised this was marginalized by asymmetrical juxtaposition (and a ironically fitting choice as well).

On MMAPlayground, any allusion to Fedor Emelianenko in any discussion is always met with a contingent of people who wish to steer the conversation's context to that of extreme and absolute negativity. People are intent on beating their myopic views on fighters like Fedor into others whose bastion of thought on a subject like this is not equally consumed with negativity. God forbid one actually recognizes and acknowledges any warranted qualities of the fighter of his past let alone today. Doesn't matter what the actual topic is, the expectations are established and met routinely in this case.

I would like an explanation from a mod on this as well, as well as why my posts are being censored with out explanation or cause. Is this MMA Playground's way of banning me, to simply begin deleting my posts on the forum? Does this make my DCRage reference from a few days any more or less laughable? I'd like to know. Thanks.

More laughable.

How so?

Last edited 6/24/16 1:16PM server time by FlashyG
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #106   6/23/16 6:02:25PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:3,098-1,799
Chips:
DC Rage banned people with no explanation when the rules were much more strict. I'm not seeing anyone getting banned.

Post #107   6/23/16 6:04:45PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

DC Rage banned people with no explanation when the rules were much more strict. I'm not seeing anyone getting banned.

Yet we are seeing the mod tools used with no explanation against posters regardless of their compliance with the site rules, however only for some users unless it gets repeatedly pointed out. The mocking and indifference to boot for being expected to sustain the conduct this site claims to promote also doesn't help anything.

Post #108   6/23/16 6:12:26PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Yet we are seeing the mod tools used with no explanation against posters regardless of their compliance with the site rules, however only for some users unless it gets repeatedly pointed out. The mocking and indifference to boot for being expected to sustain the conduct this site claims to promote also doesn't help anything.

We don't need to justify every mod action we take in a thread.

If you have a question about why something gets deleted or edited, send a PM. Don't just keep posting it. If it was a one off post I'd probably PM you to tell you it was deleted and why, but in a thread like this one where a bunch of posts got deleted I don't have the time or energy to PM every person affected.

You were accusing someone of being a troll, and quoting a post that was deleted. I deleted both his posts that you were responding to, and your question that served no purpose other than to start a flame war.

I also temporarily locked the thread to go back and delete any other posts that were obviously trolling or attacking other members. (I'm sure I missed some, there were a lot). Once I was done I opened the thread back up hoping we could get back to talking about Fedor.

Post #109   6/23/16 6:30:05PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:5,416-3,592
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Hey mine got deleted as well, don't take it so hard. It happens, mine was comedy gold too!

To get back to Fedor, I don't think he signs with the UFC. I think Bellator is his best option and the place I'd like to see him.

Last edited 6/23/16 6:42PM server time by machodog76

Post #110   6/23/16 6:41:51PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,225-1,344
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
There's some fun fights for him in Bellator too, so even if he doesn't fight in the UFC he could have a few entertaining fights in another American based promotion in Bellator. Idk if I prefer him retiring or continuing, whatever he does I guess I'll support.

Post #111   6/23/16 7:09:39PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,547-1,677
Chips:
Ufc,bellator,wsof all have fights i'd like to see.....

UFC
1)Josh Barnett (fight that never happened)
2)Werdum(the fight that changed history)
3)Bigfoot(off trt bigfoot deserves a smashing)
4)Overeem(another missed fight)

If nog and mur weren't retired those are fights id like as well.

Bellator MMA
1)Minakov (torch passing of baddest Russian hw)
2)Lashley(mix of randelman/coleman)
3)Kongo(good rounded test,est veteran)
4)Matt Mittrione (ranked hw good standup fight)

Dan Charles and Raphael Butler would be good too.

WSOF
1)Ivanov(Champ and redemption for sambo loss)
2)Rama(hot prospect former champ)
3)Steve Mocco(world class wrestler)
4)Mehman (tough rounded gritty brutal hw)

Also shawn jordan and josh copeland would be cool.

Rizin
Only real positive would be openweight gp with wandy,king mo,rampage etc.but honestly is my last option obviously.

Post #112   6/23/16 7:48:26PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by FKA

UFC

Bellator MMA

WSOF

Rizin
Only real positive would be openweight gp with wandy,king mo,rampage etc.but honestly is my last option obviously.

I'd watch any one of those match-ups.

I think there is even more potential match-ups for Fedor at 205 as well, if he's willing to make the cut.

Post #113   6/23/16 8:18:21PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,367-2,352
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by FKA

UFC

Bellator MMA

WSOF

Rizin

I'd watch any one of those match-ups.

I think there is even more potential match-ups for Fedor at 205 as well, if he's willing to make the cut.

I don't think he would be willing to cut any weight. His body, mostly his midsection, has looked worse as the years go on.

Post #114   6/23/16 8:27:00PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,395-3,514
Chips:
Looked at my sexy body in the mirror

Proz gut vs fedor gut
Fedor wins

Post #115   6/23/16 9:38:33PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,547-1,677
Chips:
For better or for worse fedor is a hw....

I would of loved to see him at 205 when he was prime but faster lhws might pose a problem at hw hes still smaller then most and can utilize what speed he has.

Fedor looked much more muscular for his fight in Rizin......fedor is a busy guy but i hope he can dedicate more time to training since he says he wants more fights.

Should be interesting to see where he ends up going....

Ivanov is calling him out in wsof,dana is complementing him openly,coker needs a new huge draw,RIZIN openweight gp coming up........

His entire camp was in Russia due to a vusy schedule domestically.

We speak with his kickboxing coach in holland as one of our members is a dear friend he posts quite regularly.Fedor on his 3 fights before retirement spent the bulk of training in Holland and it showed.He says when he trains in Russia he trains the old and dumb ways and doesn't have the quality partners as he does in holland.

I truly hope he gets serious again and gets his ass to holland.

Last edited 6/23/16 10:03PM server time by fka

Post #116   6/23/16 9:55:20PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:3,098-1,799
Chips:
I agree fka. Fedor at lhw is like shogun at 185. Great idea, but we're not gonna see it.

Post #117   6/24/16 4:17:53AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:5,416-3,592
Chips:
I would love to see him at 205 too but I think you guys are right though, not going to happen. He looked a little flabby in that last fight and his striking looked off to me. I hope he trains for his next fight a little better.

Post #118   6/24/16 1:10:30PM   

Page 8 of 8   <<   5     6     7     8