Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Leaving MMAPlayground's sinking ship...You should know a little something about one of the moderators.

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,395-3,514
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I actually enjoy league 2 more than ufc.

I have been killing it for months now. I enjoy searching for unknown fighters and watching them grow and eventually head towards ufc or bellator

Post #16   6/16/16 5:48:25PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:6,532-3,656
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I have been killing it for months now. I enjoy searching for unknown fighters and watching them grow and eventually head towards ufc or bellator

That's because there are like 100 players in BOTR versus the UFC game which is still around 1,000 I believe. It's much easier to win BOTR going up against less competition than it is UFC, which is why you will find some people have a TON of BOTR accolades, but not any UFC ones....

Post #17   6/16/16 10:30:12PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:5,655-3,023
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

I go back and forth on the UFC League and L2. I like L2 more for a while and then back to UFC.

Not gonna lie. With UFC doing shows almost every week, it's nice to have a 2 week break like we did from UFC 199 to Fight Night Ottawa.

Post #18   6/17/16 6:57:11AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,395-3,514
Chips:
I meant the way of wins vs losses
Not points overall

Post #19   6/17/16 7:44:49PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,652-3,838
Chips:

That makes it worth the effort we put in putting these cards together. Glad there's at least one person who enjoys it for what it's supposed to be.

Post #20   6/17/16 8:45:41PM   

RacingHartPurple

MMA Regular

RacingHartPurple Avatar

Career:4,431-2,716
Chips:

Last edited 6/17/16 11:33PM server time by racinghartpurple
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   6/17/16 11:32:53PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:6,532-3,656
Chips:
I enjoy it too, just wish you would put more East Coast local talent on the cards.....there's been a few guys who have fought CFFC or ROC that are now in big promotions like UFC. Uriah Hall, Chris Weidman, Jimmie Rivera, Lyman Good, Ryan LaFlare, Chris Wade, shit I think I even remember watching a Barboza fight live in ROC and saying to myself this kid is gonna be nasty and in the UFC soon.

Post #22   6/17/16 11:54:03PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,652-3,838
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

I enjoy it too, just wish you would put more East Coast local talent on the cards.....there's been a few guys who have fought CFFC or ROC that are now in big promotions like UFC. Uriah Hall, Chris Weidman, Jimmie Rivera, Lyman Good, Ryan LaFlare, Chris Wade, shit I think I even remember watching a Barboza fight live in ROC and saying to myself this kid is gonna be nasty and in the UFC soon.

The majority of those guys you mentioned have been on L2 cards before they got to the UFC. Especially Rivera and Good. Both of those guys were featured for years. The problem with ROC is that it's mostly mismatches. CFFC is used a lot already too. We can't really use them more than we already do...

Post #23   6/18/16 8:19:59PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,547-1,677
Chips:
Auntred is right........i actually love the ufc......flashy g edits my posts and makes me out to be anti ufc.....

Lmao unless it was edited for reasons other the derogatory,slanderous or otherwise offensive behavior id see how youd be pissed.

My shits been edited usually for acceptable reasons so i dunno what dudes cryin about?

Post #24   6/18/16 10:23:58PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:
The topic of this thread has never been more relevant in my time on this website.

Mods are today arbitrarily deleting multiple users posts with no explanation in order to protect the posts of users who are very clearly breaking the site rules these same mods have claimed they enforce on all users without prejudice.

And the perpetrator is too much of a coward to explain his or herself when directly called out upon it to explain why they have done so, rather, they just delete the questioning of their action with no word spoken and lock the thread for good measure.

Speaking of locking the thread, the last thread I recall being locked was created for the same reason, to point out problems with this forum due to biased actions and selective forum code of conduct rule application by moderators. All culpability was cowered from, the mods insisted the accusations were unfounded and the thread was locked from further discussion.

And here, in this thread, the response across the board to a simple grievance from a member paints a clear picture of what has drowned more than one MMA discussion board, site staff indifference to the volatile environment they actively engender.

Post #25   6/23/16 5:16:38PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:5,416-3,592
Chips:
Hey Budge I love L2 as well, it's the main reason I stick around, keep up the good work. I keep forgetting that it locks early most weeks though, I've missed picks on 4 events this year.

Last edited 6/23/16 7:36PM server time by machodog76

Post #26   6/23/16 7:33:39PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

The topic of this thread has never been more relevant in my time on this website.

Mods are today arbitrarily deleting multiple users posts with no explanation in order to protect the posts of users who are very clearly breaking the site rules these same mods have claimed they enforce on all users without prejudice.

And the perpetrator is too much of a coward to explain his or herself when directly called out upon it to explain why they have done so, rather, they just delete the questioning of their action with no word spoken and lock the thread for good measure.

Speaking of locking the thread, the last thread I recall being locked was created for the same reason, to point out problems with this forum due to biased actions and selective forum code of conduct rule application by moderators. All culpability was cowered from, the mods insisted the accusations were unfounded and the thread was locked from further discussion.

And here, in this thread, the response across the board to a simple grievance from a member paints a clear picture of what has drowned more than one MMA discussion board, site staff indifference to the volatile environment they actively engender.

You keep calling out the wrong Mod. It was me ShadyG who locked the thread you're talking about and deleted your post.

One you made 4 times, in multiple threads. I also explained why I deleted that post, 4 times in multiple threads, as well as PMed you about it to explain why it was deleted and to ask you to stop posting it over and over again.

The thread lock was temporary because it was taking me longer to delete the very posts you're complaining about, than it was taking you and other members to make new posts I then had to delete.

I'm not sure who you think is being protected, the only warning handed out was to a member of my own camp. The majority of the deleted posts also came from a member of my camp, and from one other member who you were arguing with. The rest of the deleted posts were deleted because they were quoting and responding to a post that no longer existed.

Now I've explained myself for the 5th and final time.

Post #27   6/23/16 7:43:38PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,367-2,352
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Post #28   6/23/16 8:17:43PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

You keep calling out the wrong Mod. It was me ShadyG who locked the thread you're talking about and deleted your post.

One you made 4 times, in multiple threads. I also explained why I deleted that post, 4 times in multiple threads, as well as PMed you about it to explain why it was deleted and to ask you to stop posting it over and over again.

The thread lock was temporary because it was taking me longer to delete the very posts you're complaining about, than it was taking you and other members to make new posts I then had to delete.

I'm not sure who you think is being protected, the only warning handed out was to a member of my own camp. The majority of the deleted posts also came from a member of my camp, and from one other member who you were arguing with. The rest of the deleted posts were deleted because they were quoting and responding to a post that no longer existed.

I calling out the inflammatory environment here that exists in contrast to how this we are supposedly suppose to operate.

You deleted my post and only my post in that thread in the morning yesterday, not anyone elses post and you did not lock the thread, this didn't go unnoticed by me or a couple of other users online.

I posted it again in the same thread with more detail almost an hour later and not long after you again deleted my post and nobody elses post and did not lock the thread. I started print screen time stamping after you started deleting only my posts, just in case somebody tried to skew how things were happening... Note the time posted, this is the 2nd time I posted this.

So hours later, then you decide to lock the thread and delete some other posts, especially the ones calling to attention what a circus discussing the subject is. I posted it a third time in the same thread this time very directly calling out the bullshittery taking place, oh now it's time to act? lol. and FYI if you are so intent on that message not living here on your forum then keep searching because I didn't make any new posts with it after that as you would try to make people believe, I amended it in to many many other existing posts of mine though. I see a lot of those posts about other topics were simply deleted instead of edited. Better get back to work.

This PM and explanation you talk about sending me, a very short 5 hours later (link) and only after I started bringing to light what was happening? Have a clap for your incredible diligence, have a clap for letting me know your sick of people pointing out the shit show this place has become. Don't sit here and shadily try to portray this like you did something then made it immediately clear as to why, you didn't explain anything until things were repeatedly called out after hours. If you're sick of me pointing this out you'd be really ill to see the other PMs coming in yesterday from other members who feel the exact same way I do and are sick of it, sent well before you ever PM'd me, people who saw only my posts deleted in an unlocked thread for hours before what you claim to have done was done.

Posted by Shawn91111

The fact that this piece of shit even posts here is paramount to how full of shit you are.

Last edited 6/24/16 12:43PM server time by gdpofmpg

Post #29   6/24/16 12:12:42PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by FlashyG

I calling out the inflammatory environment here that exists in contrast to how this we are supposedly suppose to operate.

You deleted my post and only my post in that thread in the morning yesterday, not anyone elses post and you did not lock the thread, this didn't go unnoticed by me or a couple of other users online.

I posted it again in the same thread with more detail almost an hour later and not long after you again deleted my post and nobody elses post and did not lock the thread. I started print screen time stamping after you started deleting only my posts, just in case somebody tried to skew how things were happening... Note the time posted, this is the 2nd time I posted this.

So hours later, then you decide to lock the thread and delete some other posts, especially the ones calling to attention what a circus discussing the subject is. I posted it a third time in the same thread this time very directly calling out the bullshittery taking place, oh now it's time to act? lol. and FYI if you are so intent on that message not living here on your forum then keep searching because I didn't make any new posts with it after that as you would try to make people believe, I amended it in to many many other existing posts of mine though. I see a lot of those posts about other topics were simply deleted instead of edited. Better get back to work.

This PM and explanation you talk about sending me, a very short 5 hours later (link) and only after I started bringing to light what was happening? Have a clap for your incredible diligence, have a clap for letting me know your sick of people pointing out the shit show this place has become. Don't sit here and shadily try to portray this like you did something then made it immediately clear as to why, you didn't explain anything until things were repeatedly called out after hours. If you're sick of me pointing this out you'd be really ill to see the other PMs coming in yesterday from other members who feel the exact same way I do and are sick of it, sent well before you ever PM'd me, people who saw only my posts deleted in an unlocked thread for hours before what you claim to have done was done.

Posted by Shawn91111

The fact that this piece of shit even posts here is paramount to how full of shit you are.

You are wrong.

The first posts deleted in that thread were from the first couple of pages and they were from a teammate of mine who also got warned about trolling.

Only then did I realize that you were doing the same thing in new posts. I deleted your post and attempted to go back to cleaning up the thread from the first page to the last. Instead of getting to do that, you went ahead and posted your drivel again.

Since it was clear I couldn't clean the thread up as fast as you were attempting to make it a mess, I locked it temporarily. I then deleted the post you kept quoting and all responses to it, and every other post in the thread that seemed like trolling or attacks on other members.

I also responded to the PM from one of your teammates who seemed perfectly OK with my explanation of why his posts were deleted as well as the others that had disappeared from the thread.

The thread was locked for less than an hour and in that time you threw a hissy fit finding every post from the member you were trying to start a fight with and replying with that same deleted post over and over and over again. I gave up at that point and dealt with it when I got home from work. At that point I found and edited or deleted every instance of the post and sent you a PM telling you to quit posting it.

I don't know why you can't post without attacking other members. Everyone else around here seems to be able to do it.

Last edited 6/24/16 1:03PM server time by FlashyG

Post #30   6/24/16 12:59:02PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4