Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bader vs. Latifi official for UFC Hamburg

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,411-3,687
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
The first booking for the UFC's first trip to the German city of Hamburg has been announced. UFC light heavyweight contender Ryan Bader confirmed to fans that he'll be fighting Ilir Latifi on Saturday, September 3rd.

LINK

Post #1   5/26/16 3:59:13PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:4,467-2,725
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Wow. What a huge step down for Bader.

Post #2   5/26/16 5:25:10PM   

RhythmAndStyle

Straight Flexin'

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,924-2,397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

i dont know if its that big of a step down..Bader could easily lose this match up..Latifi is a machine, and if he's able to stop the TD attempts from Bader, the striking should be the same..i dont think much of Baders striking..really basic striking..i'm actually pumped for this one..hoping to see Bader get KO'd..its time to shake up the LHW division..since Bones wont be a LHW in a yr or 2..

Post #3   5/26/16 6:09:56PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,759-1,773
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by Wallass

i dont know if its that big of a step down..Bader could easily lose this match up..Latifi is a machine, and if he's able to stop the TD attempts from Bader, the striking should be the same..i dont think much of Baders striking..really basic striking..i'm actually pumped for this one..hoping to see Bader get KO'd..its time to shake up the LHW division..since Bones wont be a LHW in a yr or 2..

I see it less as a step down for Bader and more as a big and well earned and deserved step up for Latifi. The dude is an animal with KD (knocked dead) type power. He has good wrestling himself and has shown some solid tdd in the few attempts that have actually been made to take him down in the octagon. Should be a fun fight I think. I'm looking forward to it. war latifi

Post #4   5/26/16 7:10:24PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:5,306-2,852
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
The matchup actually makes since if you think about it. I'll break it down for you in detail.

Bader is roughly Ranked about #5, give or take correct.

Lets forget about the Non-UFC LHW's now since we are talking a UFC/Bader fight.

Now let's remember Bader just got beat by Rumble. And Jones/DC and Rumble/Glover are booked.

Now lets remove any rematches. That will take away Rashod Evans, OSP and Lil Nog.

So what's left?

Gustafsson, Shogun, Jimi Manuwa, Corey Anderson, Krylov and Jan Blachowicz.

Somewhere in that mix you can trow Latifi in there. I'd probably throw him in there around Anderson and Krylov's ranking.

So the options are really thin if you think about it. And who knows if any of those guys that are not booked and that he hasn't fought already are injured.?

Post #5   5/27/16 1:20:27AM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:6,240-3,499
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

The matchup actually makes since if you think about it. I'll break it down for you in detail.

Bader is roughly Ranked about #5, give or take correct.

Lets forget about the Non-UFC LHW's now since we are talking a UFC/Bader fight.

Now let's remember Bader just got beat by Rumble. And Jones/DC and Rumble/Glover are booked.

Now lets remove any rematches. That will take away Rashod Evans, OSP and Lil Nog.

So what's left?

Gustafsson, Shogun, Jimi Manuwa, Corey Anderson, Krylov and Jan Blachowicz.

Somewhere in that mix you can trow Latifi in there. I'd probably throw him in there around Anderson and Krylov's ranking.

So the options are really thin if you think about it. And who knows if any of those guys that are not booked and that he hasn't fought already are injured.?

I agree, I think this fight makes a lot of sense. Bader had his chance to fight Rumble and beat him and Rumble was able to make easy work of him. Latifi and Bader would actually be real interesting to see how their wrestling matches up. Bader should be the naturally bigger fighter, but Latifi is strong as an ox. Could be a really interesting style fight.

I would say that Latifi has the better KO power but Bader might fight a smarter fight, ie use his wrestling to get onto and dominate for 15 minutes. Would love to see Ilir KO him tho.....also think Bader has the better cardio between the two, if he pushes the pace, Latifi could just wilt.

Post #6   5/27/16 1:32:05AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:4,467-2,725
Chips:
Gustafsson would be a much tougher and better fight. Dudes just getting off a loss to Rumble and before that he beat two legit top tens in Davis and Evans. I don't like this fight much.

Post #7   5/27/16 3:59:41PM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,903-2,311
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Damn Wallas, Latifi is a nobody, Brown is overrated, Berger is a shell...

I could imagine your take on chocolate ice cream 'sure it's ok but its a huge step down from cake and it's not nearly as good as it used to be when I was a kid.'

Post #8   5/27/16 6:07:56PM   

RhythmAndStyle

Straight Flexin'

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,924-2,397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Gustafsson would be a much tougher and better fight. Dudes just getting off a loss to Rumble and before that he beat two legit top tens in Davis and Evans. I don't like this fight much.

i think u meant he was 'gifted' a decision win over Davis..as Davis out stuck him in every round and controlled the pace on the outside..

Post #9   5/27/16 8:01:20PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,508-1,433
Chips:
Bader better not try and pull the same shit he did against rumble or he'll get ktfo again. Bader can win this he's a better striker but he's gotta be patient and not shit himself in there too

Post #10   5/27/16 9:47:52PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:6,240-3,499
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Eh, Rashad hadn't fought in like 2 years, no? Wins a win I guess, but that Rashad looked like a shell of his former self. This is not a bad fight, imo....people aren't giving it enough credit. Two powerhouse wrestlers with KO power....should be fun.

Post #11   6/2/16 2:18:56AM