Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Season 26: REDEMPTION

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,259-2,899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Im not gonna hear this bullshit.

Regardless of the mods dropping the ball
There was no way in hell that last event wasnt gonna get cancelled.

I was totally against a re due
I suggested a 11 event season to make it fair for everyone.

On a individual note. Had the last event stand i would have gotten 40th place overall in points but cause it got knocked off thr books. Point wise for last night i wound up around 90th overall. I personally took a hit on this.

I do feel a lil bad for what happened. But yair was money.
That kid wasnt gonna lose. Our team recognized that golden goose and we rode him to the top. The harris win was also big. 6 to 1 underdog just cause cody east was on that shit dana white show. His odds were way to high.

Congrats on all for a terrific season.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #31   4/24/16 8:03:48AM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:3,415-2,062
Chips:
Can't understand what the problem is. We gambled big time and discussed each fight thoroughly to give us the best possible chance of winning.
Bringing up the cancelled event is ridiculous, if you had won the season from that when the site was down that would have been a very bad call in my eyes.

Anyway we can start over next season and you can have another FAIR shot at winning the league.

Good luck guys

Post #32   4/24/16 8:08:49AM   

Bythar

Standup Guy

Bythar Avatar

Career:2,790-1,518
Chips:
Nobody really knows what would have been the results of the cancelled event. A lot of people (myself included) didn't get their picks and wagers in. Cancelling that event was the only call. Let's not pretend otherwise.

We knew we needed a big event to have a shot and we came up with a strategy to give us the best chance of winning. It worked out this time. That's all there is to it. If you have a problem then just beat us next season.

Post #33   4/24/16 8:34:43AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,051-2,174
Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

What a self righteous ahole, I already congratulated you, and said I accepted the win, but somehow you can't realize that if not for the mods everyone would have had the same disadvantage of the site being down and we would have deservedly taken the win. I wasn't asking you to feel sorry for anyone Mr. Arrogant, I was asking you to understand how Cannon would feel after all these years on the site with no camp badge only to get one and have it taken away do the incompetence of the mods, then to have you be a prick and say it only makes this site more awesome.

I did everything I could to help my team win, just like I did for Dark Horse, but this is a team game and I'm not the camp leader of the Bullies, nor do I set the rules. I never accused the mods of foul play, or favoritism, just incompetence.

Let me share with you what I posted in our camp forum before reading any of this:

" In my mind being in a fight camp is about participation and team work, which we are seriously lacking. I don't mind losing a good fight, but when people don't try it's a slap in the face to those that do.

Some of the best fight predictors in the world are on this site, so it's a real accomplishment to win a season or even an event. Playing the game with people who appreciate that difficulty is probably the best aspect of MMAPlayground. And maybe I'm still new to the sport, but I watch every card with anticipation."

I may type mad or sarcastic the majority of the time, but only because I enjoy the sport so much and feel passionate about it. I actually said some nice this about Dark Horse on our forum too, but I'm definitely not sharing those.

You don't know me, I never attacked anyone on this site, till now I guess. Their predictions and analysis sure, but I've literally never said a bad word about anyone. You might want to turn that "bad sport" mirror around on yourself and take a good look at the steaming pile staring back at you. I'm sure that will be "funner"...

Post #34   4/24/16 9:05:42AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,051-2,174
Chips:
Dark Horse got hosed out of the win last season and this is only, as the thread title states, redemption.

Post #35   4/24/16 9:08:58AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,511-3,170
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

Fact is you lost after 10 events, but u had a weak excuse & plenty of mods within your camp to get event 10 cancelled & try again to get the edge. Don't lie to yourself, u know u lost, & this site has set a precedent of favoritism to mods it can't never go back on. Have fun with the 500 people left competing, nobody cares anymore, this site might as well be shut down how pathetic it has become.

Wow, you're an idiot. There's always a jackass calling for a conspiracy... Darkhorse has no mods, it was a genuine mistake that was made and won't ever be made again. I think it's pretty easy to move on from. I hit a 300k parlay and was in 4th place but I'm not bitching about it like a child to a bunch of grown men.

Darkhorse won this season, and they did a good job getting it done. If you're that hurt by it be prepared to be better next season.

And Five-Alive, did you really need to start a thread like this after you knew what had happened? It's unnecessary drama and you know that...

I'm locking this thread for obvious reasons. Learn to play nice.

Last edited 4/24/16 11:32AM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #36   4/24/16 11:29:07AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3