Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Event #10 - UFC On Fox 19: Texeira vs Evans - Needs to be cancelled

Print  
  Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

INTERNET_DEBO

Learning to Sprawl

INTERNET_DEBO Avatar

Career:2,636-1,465
Chips:
Give the guy who got in 1st place a badge, with an asterisk next to it

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #61   4/18/16 3:52:14PM   

shaneTpain

GSP > everyone else

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:3,627-2,417
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Wow. I didn't even notice any of this happening?? Sucks since I was first overall in wagers with well over a million bucks

Post #62   4/18/16 3:53:17PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,839-2,014
Chips:
Prozac what would a double HB do?
You do realize a HB is to separate a log jam per event and is already limited to only 1 of the 4-6 Main Card Fights right?

I would think that a special accommodation could be made for the Top Event guys. I mean at the end of the day its only an accolade. But the accolades are much harder to get on the Primary League.

Also when something extreme happens there's no actual right way to fix it making all parties 100% agree but I think the right decisions were made and I had a good event hitting 22 on HB. A nice respectable score and finishing with 130+K in wagers. Of course for personal reasons I'd like the event to count but honestly a huge % of folks finalize their wagers and tweek their picks after weigh-ins.

Post #63   4/18/16 4:28:21PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Now lastly I'd like to say one more thing. Hopefully with what happened could possibly help build the PG in a since or spice it back up. There's no secret that over the past few years that the # of regular posters, contributors and # of people that make picks have gone down. Not sure how you guys feel but I like this websites game the most, yeah there's others out there but the scoring system here is my personal favorite.

Maybe instead of quitting the site or complaining about how its gone down in #'s that maybe everybody can try and see what they could do to improve the site.

Some ideas; if you don't post and just click on to make picks and read other post , try and post once or twice a day. Post a news article, try the other Leagues. They don't count toward camp scores anyways. And it takes literally 10 mins. Try and tells friend about this place. Just remember the ol' rule it takes a crowd to get a crowd.

Post #64   4/18/16 4:40:07PM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,373-838
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Now lastly I'd like to say one more thing. Hopefully with what happened could possibly help build the PG in a since or spice it back up. There's no secret that over the past few years that the # of regular posters, contributors and # of people that make picks have gone down. Not sure how you guys feel but I like this websites game the most, yeah there's others out there but the scoring system here is my personal favorite.

Maybe instead of quitting the site or complaining about how its gone down in #'s that maybe everybody can try and see what they could do to improve the site.

Some ideas; if you don't post and just click on to make picks and read other post , try and post once or twice a day. Post a news article, try the other Leagues. They don't count toward camp scores anyways. And it takes literally 10 mins. Try and tells friend about this place. Just remember the ol' rule it takes a crowd to get a crowd.

This won't stop me from posting. It didn't really affect how I look at the site. I actually did encourage a few people to come join the site and they did. Now they made a camp and brought two more with them.

Post #65   4/18/16 5:15:22PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,906-2,697
Chips:
I always talked in high regards this site when i meet fans
Some of checked it out

I absolutely love the fantasy game as well as league 2
Keeps in active in everyday mma

Last edited 4/18/16 7:05PM server time by prozacnation1978
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #66   4/18/16 7:04:56PM   

Trig

MMA Regular

Trig Avatar

Career:1,238-718
Camp: MMAJunkie All-Stars
Chips:
Every site is going to have its glitches from time to time and there is no solution that will satisfy everyone. There will always be whiners who cry about everything yet contribute nothing. Instead of all the b;tching about this crap why don't you give props to the guys who spend their time making the site great.

Post #67   4/18/16 7:43:14PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:2,945-1,697
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
People will get mad when things like this happen. And i am okay with that.

I have been on this site for nearly a decade and do not recall anything like this happening before. but there will be people that will stay mad, no matter how smooth the site has run in the past or how smooth it runs in the future. i cant help that

We fucked up. The site didnt fuck up. The site did what it does. We just fucked up and due to other circumstances, we didnt know that we fucked up, or we couldve had it fixed much much sooner and it wouldve been known as a glitch that scared some people.

I understand the reasoning behind some people thinking that there may have been some foul play going on when it first happened. I hope most of you can see that is definitely not the case. if you still think so, please send me or any other mod a PM with a logical, rational message about why you think someone was cheating and it will be addressed.

I am not going to pretend like im as mad about it as someone that lost a badge or had their best event ever, but im still pretty damn mad about it because I know how hard it is to get that score or win a season and would never wish that on anyone.

We are going through some stuff to help the lines of communication between us and to help the site communicate with us so if anything like this were to happen again, we would be able to catch it.

Post #68   4/18/16 10:05:36PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I always talked in high regards this site when i meet fans
Some of checked it out

I absolutely love the fantasy game as well as league 2
Keeps in active in everyday mma

I just got someone to join up too. His name is dtrain . I'm pretty sure he's just trying out L2 for now but he could get hooked.

Post #69   4/19/16 1:15:12AM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,373-838
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

I just got someone to join up too. His name is dtrain . I'm pretty sure he's just trying out L2 for now but he could get hooked.

I recently got baldo831, JChristian522, and Bgdw35_ufcfan1 to join....who in turn got jblackford and Toothfeeder to join. JChristian522 made his own camp (SplitDraw) and Bgdw35_ufcfan1 joined MMAJunkie All-Stars. No complaints from any of them about this site, they like it.

Post #70   4/19/16 2:54:21AM   

LooseCannon

In Full Mount

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:2,834-1,680
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Yeah not sure who ran the stats Fox 19 card but shawn is right. I'm the one to blame for the stats message block. I can promise you nothing fishy happened, it was an honest mistake from a rookie. And I can assure that won't happen again.

Last edited 4/19/16 4:21AM server time by loosecannon

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #71   4/19/16 4:09:15AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,764-1,102
Chips:
It looks like there was still some issues with the betting league bankrolls after yesterday's fix.

As a result, portions of the statistics procedure had to be edited and re-run.

To ensure that no one is able to bet more than they should have in their bankroll ALL UFC 197 WAGERS HAVE BEEN RESET AS OF 10:15 AM EST.

IF YOU PLANNED ON WAGERING FOR UFC 197 PLEASE RE-ENTER YOUR WAGERS.

Please do your best to inform your fight camp, friends, etc.

Thanks for your patience while we've worked through this

Last edited 4/19/16 10:15AM server time by dothemmath

Post #72   4/19/16 9:04:48AM   

Trig

MMA Regular

Trig Avatar

Career:1,238-718
Camp: MMAJunkie All-Stars
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by JLS1980

I recently got baldo831, JChristian522, and Bgdw35_ufcfan1 to join....who in turn got jblackford and Toothfeeder to join. JChristian522 made his own camp (SplitDraw) and Bgdw35_ufcfan1 joined MMAJunkie All-Stars. No complaints from any of them about this site, they like it.

If we are measuring dicks now, I started MMAJunkie All-Stars and brought in 18 new members to fill the team. No complaints about the site and thanks to the mods for all the hard work

Post #73   4/19/16 9:39:27AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Last edited 4/19/16 7:23PM server time by emfleek
3 total post edits

Post #74   4/19/16 7:16:35PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,853-2,707
Chips:

Posted by thepride

I don't like to bitch... But I have to a little bit.

Heading into last week's event, I was in second place overall. However, the person in first was ahead of my by 30 points. Against a picker that skilled, that's a monumental lead. Despite the PG error, both of us made our picks, and I miraculously ended up ahead of him to score first on the entire site.

It ultimately doesn't mean anything in the real world, but that would've been a cool accomplishment for me, especially with the circumstances. Now I guess I have to try to do the impossible twice... Hurray

And that was my point. But it doesn't matter now, like Flashy said...last event of the season is now UFC 197.

Post #75   4/20/16 2:32:21AM   

Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6