Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Event #10 - UFC On Fox 19: Texeira vs Evans - Needs to be cancelled

Print  
  Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Bow Down

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:3,077-1,712
Chips:
I don't think anything sketchy was involved, but with the site going downhill, this was enough for me to call er quits.

Thanks for a great 9 years PG! Peace out!

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #46   4/17/16 6:03:59PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:3,913-2,094
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

I don't think anything sketchy was involved, but with the site going downhill, this was enough for me to call er quits.

Thanks for a great 9 years PG! Peace out!

Post #47   4/17/16 9:27:03PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:2,985-1,716
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
I ran the stats for the event. I was out watching the fights with friends and one of my buddies noticed the last few fights hadn't been updated.

Me being the kind natured person I am, thought I'd update the last 3 or 4 fights and run the stats. None of my friends I watched the fights with ever said anything about the site being messed up and I didn't have any problems with logging on yesterday morning so I had no idea

Sorry to everyone.

And for the conspiracy theorists....LOL

Post #48   4/17/16 9:27:35PM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,603-2,098
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Mistakes happen. Just glad the site isn't dead.

Pretty petty taking the whole site down just so our camp wouldn't win first tho.

Post #49   4/17/16 10:41:22PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,905-2,730
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by george112

Posted by xdanish020

I would hate to see an event cancelled just because the site was down for a few hours before the event started. If you wait until the last minute to make your picks that's tour own fault IMO. Plenty of people including myself make their picks weeks in advance and I would hate to lose out on a card because a few late notice participants didn't get their picks in or didn't like their parlays.

if you weren't meaning to be satirical, then your post is probably the most illogical post I've read in a long long time

Cancel this shit. Wasn't in the least bit fair

How so?? Even with the site being down 12 hours there was time to make picks after weigh ins. Stop crying about it and just make your picks in advance and you won't have an issue. I did shitty on the card anyway, so I could give a F less if it gets scrapped or not.

thing about it is. Not everyone gives no fucks like you. The rules don't say make your picks early because you could be possibly be locked out of the site. There is no precedence that was set in the past for this sort of thing.

There is a reason nobody agrees with you.

People play this game to win no matter how worthless it is to you. If you don't really care I would just ignore this thread and go about your business. But you know, you're free to do what you want lol

Js man. I have college, a 9 month old daughter, a LIFE. I don't live on this site and have been making my picks the day of for most of the time I've been a member. Point being why do I have to make my picks early just because you do??

You don't, but then you run into issues like this one, or one like I personally ran into last week when I missed a pick because I was upstate at my GFs and couldn't get wifi connection to get on and make a pick, lost out on it, but it is what it is, you don't see me crying about it. I'm just saying, if you wait until the last minute to make your picks, shit like this can happen and I could give a fuck less who on here agrees with me, lmfao. It literally takes 20 minutes to go over a card and make picks....you could make picks for multiple cards while you're on here, I'm just saying....you procrastinate, you could lose out.

Post #50   4/17/16 11:34:50PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,905-2,730
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Do we have confirmation that this event will be scrapped ?

I've been making picks here for 9 years now and don't think I've missed a single event, but the site was down all day Saturday for me. Also, being in the UK, there's the time difference to consider. I checked the site at about 10/11 ish GMT and it was still down.

Danish why are you being such a dick about things mate ?

You can think whatever you want, but I am just speaking for those who got all their picks in and may have done well on the event, and could get scrapped because not everyone was able to make their picks. I don't think people should be penalized because they got their picks in early, and for those of you who make picks after weigh ins....weigh ins are usually done 24 hours before the event locks and the site was not down for 24 hours on Saturday. It would just suck for someone who maybe has never gotten first place, to get that taken away from them. Not to mention, rayban hit over 1 mil, so it's not like people didn't make picks or bets on this event.....

Post #51   4/17/16 11:47:40PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by MMAcca

Do we have confirmation that this event will be scrapped ?

I've been making picks here for 9 years now and don't think I've missed a single event, but the site was down all day Saturday for me. Also, being in the UK, there's the time difference to consider. I checked the site at about 10/11 ish GMT and it was still down.

Danish why are you being such a dick about things mate ?

You can think whatever you want, but I am just speaking for those who got all their picks in and may have done well on the event, and could get scrapped because not everyone was able to make their picks. I don't think people should be penalized because they got their picks in early, and for those of you who make picks after weigh ins....weigh ins are usually done 24 hours before the event locks and the site was not down for 24 hours on Saturday. It would just suck for someone who maybe has never gotten first place, to get that taken away from them. Not to mention, rayban hit over 1 mil, so it's not like people didn't make picks or bets on this event.....

On the flipside who knows if the person who got first would have gotten first had everyone been able to make their picks like usual. I generally always make my picks the day of the event so if I weren't a mod I wouldn't have gotten mine in.

Either way its a moot point now as the event has been deleted and the final event of the season will be OSP vs Jones this coming weekend.

Post #52   4/18/16 12:52:11AM   

thepride

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,821-1,123
Camp: Mania1
Chips:
I don't like to bitch... But I have to a little bit.

Heading into last week's event, I was in second place overall. However, the person in first was ahead of my by 30 points. Against a picker that skilled, that's a monumental lead. Despite the PG error, both of us made our picks, and I miraculously ended up ahead of him to score first on the entire site.

It ultimately doesn't mean anything in the real world, but that would've been a cool accomplishment for me, especially with the circumstances. Now I guess I have to try to do the impossible twice... Hurray

Post #53   4/18/16 2:14:54AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,764-1,102
Chips:
This is being looked into right now, should have a resolution within the day.

Post #54   4/18/16 8:27:40AM   

vasya

Learning to Sprawl

vasya Avatar

Career:2,358-1,505
Chips:
Can we at least get an access to FIGHT COMPANION for the Fox 19: Texeira vs Evans card or all data about this game got deleted ?

Post #55   4/18/16 9:39:54AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,764-1,102
Chips:
In theory everything stats-wise should be back to how it was before Evans vs Texeira.

If you see something that isn't adding up right or looks off please let me know.

My apologies to you all for this happening

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #56   4/18/16 10:13:01AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,083-1,355
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by george112

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by george112

Posted by xdanish020

I would hate to see an event cancelled just because the site was down not a few hours before the event started. If you wait until the last minute to make your picks that's tour own fault IMO. Plenty of people including myself make their picks weeks in advance and I would hate to lose out on a card because a few late notice participants didn't get their picks in or didn't like their parlays.

if you weren't meaning to be satirical, then your post is probably the most illogical post I've read in a long long time

Cancel this shit. Wasn't in the least bit fair

How so?? Even with the site being down 12 hours there was time to make picks after weigh ins. Stop crying about it and just make your picks in advance and you won't have an issue. I did shitty on the card anyway, so I could give a F less if it gets scrapped or not.

thing about it is. Not everyone gives no fucks like you. The rules don't say make your picks early because you could be possibly be locked out of the site. There is no precedence that was set in the past for this sort of thing.

There is a reason nobody agrees with you.

People play this game to win no matter how worthless it is to you. If you don't really care I would just ignore this thread and go about your business. But you know, you're free to do what you want lol

Js man. I have college, a 9 month old daughter, a LIFE. I don't live on this site and have been making my picks the day of for most of the time I've been a member. Point being why do I have to make my picks early just because you do??

You don't, but then you run into issues like this one, or one like I personally ran into last week when I missed a pick because I was upstate at my GFs and couldn't get wifi connection to get on and make a pick, lost out on it, but it is what it is, you don't see me crying about it. I'm just saying, if you wait until the last minute to make your picks, shit like this can happen and I could give a fuck less who on here agrees with me, lmfao. It literally takes 20 minutes to go over a card and make picks....you could make picks for multiple cards while you're on here, I'm just saying....you procrastinate, you could lose out.

tell you what. Go check my pick history. I didn't even make picks for the event before this one. Did you see me bitching about it on here like you said everyone else is? No you didn't because I missed the picks myself. Meaning i missed the deadline because I procrastinated like you said. NOT BECAUSE THE SITE WAS DOWN.

Do you see the differences here ??

Your argument is basically quit crying because we don't play the game like you. Lol

Post #57   4/18/16 11:32:29AM   

Trig

MMA Regular

Trig Avatar

Career:1,272-743
Camp: MMAJunkie All-Stars
Chips:
So what is the end result? Was this a smoker event? Will the 10th event be at 197 or is the season over and its time to start the next season?

Post #58   4/18/16 1:20:12PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
It will be as if this event never happened.

Next event will be event 10 of the season.

Post #59   4/18/16 1:29:00PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,950-2,724
Chips:
I think we should have two hot bouts for this last event cause of the screw up.

Post #60   4/18/16 2:45:59PM   

Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6