Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Event #10 - UFC On Fox 19: Texeira vs Evans - Needs to be cancelled

Print  
  Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,357-2,347
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

I would hate to see an event cancelled just because the site was down for a few hours before the event started. If you wait until the last minute to make your picks that's your own fault IMO. Plenty of people including myself make their picks weeks in advance and I would hate to lose out on a card because a few late notice participants didn't get their picks in or didn't like their parlays.

No and no. There are lock times for a reason, you cant have a lock time and then the site is locked 12 hours in advance. Plenty of people wait until the day of the event to make their picks. We aren't talking last minute we're talking 12 hours or so

Last edited 4/16/16 9:05PM server time by shawn91111
Edit note/reason: Typo

Post #16   4/16/16 8:59:28PM   

ShivanTiger

Learning to Sprawl

ShivanTiger Avatar

Career:2,131-1,395
Camp: Mania1
Chips:
It's not a matter of waiting till the last minute. The site was down all day, not just for a few hours, and alot of people wait until after weigh-ins to finalize their picks.

Post #17   4/16/16 9:01:08PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,702-1,736
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

I would hate to see an event cancelled just because the site was down for a few hours before the event started. If you wait until the last minute to make your picks that's your own fault IMO. Plenty of people including myself make their picks weeks in advance and I would hate to lose out on a card because a few late notice participants didn't get their picks in or didn't like their parlays.

if you weren't meaning to be satirical, then your post is probably the most illogical post I've read in a long long time

Cancel this shit. Wasn't in the least bit fair

Post #18   4/16/16 9:02:40PM   

ShivanTiger

Learning to Sprawl

ShivanTiger Avatar

Career:2,131-1,395
Camp: Mania1
Chips:

Yeah, that's what happened. I figured it out when I noticed the place was a ghost town after the fights started.

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but maybe if someone paid attention to the twitter feed or Facebook page you guys could have been made aware. I checked both places, but since they haven't been active in months I didn't bother leaving a message.

Post #19   4/16/16 9:06:12PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,673-2,244
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

It was down for over 12 hours before the event started

It's my fault that I make my picks before the deadline? It's your fault that made you picks weeks in advance... You wasted your time. I didn't.

Post #20   4/16/16 9:11:10PM   

Card

MMA Regular

Card Avatar

Career:2,776-1,510
Chips:
Is there any way to contact an admin outside of the website, if it happens again?

Post #21   4/16/16 9:50:49PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
I proposed an idea in the mod forum to prevent this from ever happening again and if that can't be implemented I'll make sure to give out my email address to a few people so they can reach me should it ever be necessary.

Sorry this event has been affected, I personally will be missing out on some nice wager earnings but it's unfair that I got to make my picks and bets this afternoon while 99% of the sites members were locked out.

Post #22   4/16/16 10:02:58PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,141-3,380
Chips:
So is this going to be scrapped or

We go another.event and have a 11 event season just this time

Post #23   4/16/16 10:20:57PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
I don't think the system would allow an 11 event season.

One of the other mods ran the stats already, but I've contacted DotheMMath to see about getting the event deleted as I believe that's the fairest way to deal with the situation.

Now that the stats have been run there isn't anything any of us mods can do about it, its up to the big boss now.

Post #24   4/16/16 10:23:32PM   

JLS

ZABEAST

JLS Avatar

Career:5,299-2,847
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

One of the other mods ran the stats already, but I've contacted DotheMMath to see about getting the event deleted as I believe that's the fairest way to deal with the situation.

Now that the stats have been run there isn't anything any of us mods can do about it, its up to the big boss now.

Yeah I don't think we should have an 11 Event Season. The only way to do this would be a) Delete Fox 19 and have UFC 197 as the 10th Event b) End the Season with Fox 19.

I just don't think adding an 11th Event is the fair approach. But I do think that option a would be the most fair for the overall community. No matter which way it's handled there will be some upset folks.

Post #25   4/16/16 10:42:51PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,055-1,247
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by FlashyG

Yeah I don't think we should have an 11 Event Season. The only way to do this would be a) Delete Fox 19 and have UFC 197 as the 10th Event b) End the Season with Fox 19.

I just don't think adding an 11th Event is the fair approach. But I do think that option a would be the most fair for the overall community. No matter which way it's handled there will be some upset folks.

Post #26   4/16/16 10:53:03PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:6,232-3,495
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by xdanish020

if you weren't meaning to be satirical, then your post is probably the most illogical post I've read in a long long time

How so?? Even with the site being down 12 hours there was time to make picks after weigh ins. Stop crying about it and just make your picks in advance and you won't have an issue. I did shitty on the card anyway, so I could give a F less if it gets scrapped or not.

Post #27   4/16/16 11:04:46PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by FlashyG

I disagree with the notion that keeping this event and adding an 11th would be the most fair for the community.

Using the 9th event as the final event of the season would be more fair than using this one and then adding an 11th.

I'm not saying that is what I think should be done, but brought it up to point out that at least with the 9th being the last event there was no controversy with people not being able to make picks

The damage done to stats because of this fuck up prevents IMO this event being used. That is all I'm saying

Post #28   4/16/16 11:09:36PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by george112

Posted by xdanish020

I would hate to see an event cancelled just because the site was down for a few hours before the event started. If you wait until the last minute to make your picks that's tour own fault IMO. Plenty of people including myself make their picks weeks in advance and I would hate to lose out on a card because a few late notice participants didn't get their picks in or didn't like their parlays.

How so?? Even with the site being down 12 hours there was time to make picks after weigh ins. Stop crying about it and just make your picks in advance and you won't have an issue. I did shitty on the card anyway, so I could give a F less if it gets scrapped or not.

thing about it is. Not everyone gives no fucks like you. The rules don't say make your picks early because you could be possibly be locked out of the site. There is no precedence that was set in the past for this sort of thing.

There is a reason nobody agrees with you.

People play this game to win no matter how worthless it is to you. If you don't really care I would just ignore this thread and go about your business. But you know, you're free to do what you want lol

Js man. I have college, a 9 month old daughter, a LIFE. I don't live on this site and have been making my picks the day of for most of the time I've been a member. Point being why do I have to make my picks early just because you do??

Post #29   4/16/16 11:16:18PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:3,765-2,297
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Do we have confirmation that this event will be scrapped ?

I've been making picks here for 9 years now and don't think I've missed a single event, but the site was down all day Saturday for me. Also, being in the UK, there's the time difference to consider. I checked the site at about 10/11 ish GMT and it was still down.

Danish why are you being such a dick about things mate ?

Last edited 4/16/16 11:25PM server time by Mmacca
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   4/16/16 11:21:46PM   

Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>