Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

White had Anderson Silva beating Michael Bisping in UFC Fight Night 84 headliner

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,682-2,248
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I'm not sure, but I know orgs can makes their own rules, as long as the commission approves them. It would be interesting to see what happens if an org tried to institute their own scoring method in America.

They asked Keith Kizer about the 10-9 system a long time ago. He said there's no need to change it, judges just need to use it better by giving out 10-10, 10-8, and 10-7 rounds. But he clearly didn't pass the message on to all the judges.

At a recent event (can't remember which one) they said the commissions were going to start giving out more 10-8 rounds. It might've been a Bellator

Post #16   2/28/16 2:11:58PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:
Bisping just flat out out worked him. And I've always been a big Silva fan and hated Bisping since he told Hamil "Go back to wrestling" after that actual robbery.

But this wasn't a robbery. Anderson thought he could finish him at any time and it just didn't work out for him. I don't agree either it should of been stopped at the end of the 3rd. It's combat sports, being saved by the end of the round is a thing. But certainly if Silva had like 10 more seconds to GNP it probably would of been over.

Post #17   2/28/16 4:23:58PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,749-1,957
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Bisping just flat out out worked him. And I've always been a big Silva fan and hated Bisping since he told Hamil "Go back to wrestling" after that actual robbery.

But this wasn't a robbery. Anderson thought he could finish him at any time and it just didn't work out for him. I don't agree either it should of been stopped at the end of the 3rd. It's combat sports, being saved by the end of the round is a thing. But certainly if Silva had like 10 more seconds to GNP it probably would of been over.

10 seconds? Damn Silva would have literally killed Mike in ten more seconds lol. I think maybe a second or two more for the GnP and it would have been called. The bell saved Mike's ass, FOR SURE!

Post #18   2/28/16 5:49:15PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,578-1,492
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by aussiemma

Everyone saying silva didn't do enough and being pretty critical of him. Let's be honest he always fights like that and he usually puts guys away with his accuracy which he did have in there against bisping rocking him multiple times it just wasn't good enough for everyone though because he didn't get the finish. I mean it was basically fuckeing done after the flying knee and if herb dean had any concern for bisping he would have stopped it there because he was fucken legit knocked out on the floor. Bisping however was super tough and did not get lulled into silva's movement trickery although at times he did and he payed for this.

I'm critical of the showboating because he's been knocked the fuck out before WHILE showboating. It's one thing to do that when you're the undefeated GOAT, it's another to do it when you're a 40 year old, coming off a year off because you failed a drug test and are 0-2-1 in your last 3 fights. I was critical of him doing that while he was the GOAT as well. It's a fight, stop dancing around like a jackass.

Honestly, how could you not be critical. He said he thought he won but he literally let Bisping punch him while he was backed against the cage several different times. That's a terrible strategy if you want to win a fight. Anderson Silva or not...

The showboating and his style is what makes him so great I don't understand why that is so hard to understand ? He would never have that aura if he didn't fight balls out like that. i just think it's retarted to be critical of someone like that especially after a vintage performance like that too... I mean it was fucken Beautiful what he did in there last night. I hear no one say anything about his multiple shots that nearly ended the fight on more that one occasion. You say it's a terrible strategy to fight with your hands down against the cage yet silva has been successful with this multiple times... Do you get the point I'm trying to make ? Stop bitching about what he could or should have done and appreciate what he has done. The man is 40 years old for fucks sake and snapped his leg clean a couple years ago.

I'm probably going a bit over the top but all the comments I have seen have been critical of silva with no praise, it's just annoying to see

Post #19   2/28/16 6:25:33PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:6,435-3,600
Chips:
Great fight......the rest of the card was pretty mediocre. I thought Bisping won, but it could've went either way, regardless there's no way this fight was a robbery by any means.

Post #20   2/28/16 6:44:26PM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,467-756
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by aussiemma

Everyone saying silva didn't do enough and being pretty critical of him. Let's be honest he always fights like that and he usually puts guys away with his accuracy which he did have in there against bisping rocking him multiple times it just wasn't good enough for everyone though because he didn't get the finish. I mean it was basically fuckeing done after the flying knee and if herb dean had any concern for bisping he would have stopped it there because he was fucken legit knocked out on the floor. Bisping however was super tough and did not get lulled into silva's movement trickery although at times he did and he payed for this.

I'm critical of the showboating because he's been knocked the fuck out before WHILE showboating. It's one thing to do that when you're the undefeated GOAT, it's another to do it when you're a 40 year old, coming off a year off because you failed a drug test and are 0-2-1 in your last 3 fights. I was critical of him doing that while he was the GOAT as well. It's a fight, stop dancing around like a jackass.

Honestly, how could you not be critical. He said he thought he won but he literally let Bisping punch him while he was backed against the cage several different times. That's a terrible strategy if you want to win a fight. Anderson Silva or not...

The showboating and his style is what makes him so great I don't understand why that is so hard to understand ? He would never have that aura if he didn't fight balls out like that. i just think it's retarted to be critical of someone like that especially after a vintage performance like that too... I mean it was fucken Beautiful what he did in there last night. I hear no one say anything about his multiple shots that nearly ended the fight on more that one occasion. You say it's a terrible strategy to fight with your hands down against the cage yet silva has been successful with this multiple times... Do you get the point I'm trying to make ? Stop bitching about what he could or should have done and appreciate what he has done. The man is 40 years old for fucks sake and snapped his leg clean a couple years ago.

I'm probably going a bit over the top but all the comments I have seen have been critical of silva with no praise, it's just annoying to see

Wrong time to be looking for people to praise him. Back to his stupid antics costing him a fight again. He didnt pull this shit early in his career. He didn't clown when he destroyed Leben, I dont remember him clowing when he blew our minds taking out Franklin with ease, he didnt start insulting his opponents and embarassing himself until he became a bored champ. Those days are over unless he gets back to business, if he really wants to be champ again he doesnt have the time to waste with blown opportunities like last night.

Post #21   2/28/16 6:56:53PM   

Michael_Corleone

I'm knocking out all bums

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:2,863-1,648
Chips:
I gave Silva rounds 1,3,4 & 5. Round 3 clearly was 10-8. Bisping in the hospital while Anderson dances the night away in a Pub. Anderson loses nothing here.

Post #22   2/28/16 6:59:47PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,357-2,347
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by aussiemma

Why shouldn't there be critical comments? You want people to praise him, and there have been over the years, however with a PED bust and lame excuse that came with it, plus the fact that he put up a bad fight, yea people can criticize him. Take the good and bad that comes along with being an athlete at the highest level

Post #23   2/28/16 7:48:13PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:4,210-3,089
Chips:
Ever since Silva got KOed while clowning around in his first fight with Wiedman he has been fighting tentative and scared to pull the trigger.

Post #24   2/28/16 9:51:27PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:3,098-1,799
Chips:
i had it a draw with a 10-8 silva 3rd round and him winning the 5th

its real hard for me to pity a guy that had the finish right in front of him and didnt go for it in the 5th. You can say whatever you want about his style but this shit aint new to anybody. we all know you never leave it in the hands of the judges, especially when your opponent has blood in his eyes and youre landing just about anything you want

Post #25   2/29/16 2:19:53AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by aussiemma

Why shouldn't there be critical comments? You want people to praise him, and there have been over the years, however with a PED bust and lame excuse that came with it, plus the fact that he put up a bad fight, yea people can criticize him. Take the good and bad that comes along with being an athlete at the highest level

Yeah maybe critical comments are part of it seeing he's such a polarising character, to me though I don't understand how people can be critical of his performance the other night, the flying knee alone should negate the fact that you think he put up a bad fight! Do you remember the front kick to the face that staggered bisping or the multiple other knees he landed always so unpredictable and completely unique the way he finds openings. I guess I just don't understand the hate when there was such an amazing fight... As we say here " it just gives me the shits " when people complain about such an awesome showing by silva. But anyway I think I initially overreacted to budge being a bit of a little bitch and I was stoned so... You gotta give me a break on whatever was said previously in fact I'm high now so have you ever read anything that didn't have no reason or meaning but continued reading anyway because you were intrigued on what this person might say in the following words but in fact they were making it up as they were going along and continued to find ways on the go to say that would be interesting and then realising that this has been one continuos sentence with no ending no ending in sight in fact or was there ? Maybe we will see how far we can go on this for anyone that has kept on I salute you I don't really have anything else to say I'm going to continue watching this movie and I'm sorry to have taken up your time. What fucken movie was he watching

Post #26   2/29/16 3:47:31AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Chips:
Oh and thanks for the 500 props budge !!! Hahahah no hard feelings

Post #27   2/29/16 3:52:33AM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,143-1,293
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Yeah maybe critical comments are part of it seeing he's such a polarising character, to me though I don't understand how people can be critical of his performance the other night, the flying knee alone should negate the fact that you think he put up a bad fight! Do you remember the front kick to the face that staggered bisping or the multiple other knees he landed always so unpredictable and completely unique the way he finds openings. I guess I just don't understand the hate when there was such an amazing fight... As we say here " it just gives me the shits " when people complain about such an awesome showing by silva. But anyway I think I initially overreacted to budge being a bit of a little bitch and I was stoned so... You gotta give me a break on whatever was said previously in fact I'm high now so have you ever read anything that didn't have no reason or meaning but continued reading anyway because you were intrigued on what this person might say in the following words but in fact they were making it up as they were going along and continued to find ways on the go to say that would be interesting and then realising that this has been one continuos sentence with no ending no ending in sight in fact or was there ? Maybe we will see how far we can go on this for anyone that has kept on I salute you I don't really have anything else to say I'm going to continue watching this movie and I'm sorry to have taken up your time. What fucken movie was he watching

You surfin and smokin down under?!?!

"Gonna catch a wave and smoke a little ganja" - Daniel Wesley

Last edited 2/29/16 6:01AM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #28   2/29/16 5:54:11AM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,143-1,293
Chips:
With this event, I really felt Rivera was the one that got robbed more so than Anderson. I was on the fence with this one, all depends on how you look at that 4th round. I still want to rewatch it since I tentatively scored it for Andy, but see the majority scored it for Bisping.

Post #29   2/29/16 5:59:38AM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,759-1,773
Chips:

Posted by traveller77

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by aussiemma

Wrong time to be looking for people to praise him. Back to his stupid antics costing him a fight again. He didnt pull this shit early in his career. He didn't clown when he destroyed Leben, I dont remember him clowing when he blew our minds taking out Franklin with ease, he didnt start insulting his opponents and embarassing himself until he became a bored champ. Those days are over unless he gets back to business, if he really wants to be champ again he doesnt have the time to waste with blown opportunities like last night.

I believe the first time I recall him doing that in the UFC was back when he fought Franklin the second time. If you go back and rewatch it there was a point in the first round where Franklin landed a punch (can't remember if it was a left or right hand) and his home town crowd kinda starts cheering and Silva dropped his hands briefly and dodged 2 or 3 punches and I believe ducks a head kick real quick before going back to his traditional hands up stance, so it's not like this was only something he has done late in his career. That was either his 4th or 5th UFC fight when he did it first in the ufc, so I'd say that it has been part of his game for a while. I will say it became more and more prominent as he started defending it more, first time I recall him doing it a lot was Cote. Still, look at all the times he dropped his hands and lit people up and we praised him endlessly. A couple times it has back fired now and all of a sudden we're out for his head. I get that we wanted more from him, but he's used it effectively to get people to open up and get caught by a slick counter in the past, and I think he was trying to get Bisping to do the same but it just didn't work for him this time because Bisping, outside of a few occasions, didn't let himself get sucked into the trap. He fought smart. Bisping, imo, deserves as much praise for fighting silva smart as Silva is getting criticism. Could Silva have done more to win this fight? Yeah, possibly. He did his thing, tried to put on a show like he used to, and give us a vintage Silva finish and it just didn't materialize. That kind of thing happens.

That said I don't know that it's right to call for a massive change in his style and approach to fighting. If he changes the way he does things in the cage would he still be the same guy? If it works, don't try and change it is my philosophy. I don't like GSP and I was critical of him forever for just taking guys down and fighting safe, but if he changed his style and maybe KOed a few more people, but in exchange got KOed a few more times himself, would we talk about him and put him in the same light we do now? Probably not. Sometimes you have to let guys do what they did to get them where they are.

Post #30   2/29/16 8:37:47AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4