Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

White had Anderson Silva beating Michael Bisping in UFC Fight Night 84 headliner

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

JLS

ZABEAST

JLS Avatar

Career:5,299-2,847
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

All three judges scored the UFC Fight Night 84 main event for Michael Bisping. UFC President Dana White, however, said he saw the middleweight headliner differently.

Bisping (28-7 MMA, 18-7 UFC) topped former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-7 MMA, 16-3 UFC) by unanimous decision in Saturday’s main event at The O2 in London for what will go down as one of the most significant victories of his career.

mmajunkie

Post #1   2/27/16 10:49:10PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
I did too

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   2/27/16 11:51:26PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,694-1,909
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I had Pillow Fist taking 1&2 and Silva taking 3,4,5. But frankly Silva only has himself to blame. When you back up to the cage and don't throw anything, well. That's a bad strategy to win a fight and convince the judges in the process. Bisping stayed active and won the judges over that way.

Post #3   2/28/16 12:27:01AM   

JLS

ZABEAST

JLS Avatar

Career:5,299-2,847
Chips:
Honestly I didn't watch any of the fights today. Long story short I spent the day with my family and took my Mother to lunch for her B-Day.

But from what I read and researched of the fight is no way this fight could be any sort of a robbery. Sounds like Silva could've won this fight honestly from everything I'm hearing.

Some stats on the scoring are all 3 judges scored this fight the same for Bisping 48-47, with all 3 scoring Rds 1,2&4 for Bisping. In addition to that the media outlets had it in favor of Bisping 16-5-1. All 16 media outlets that scored this fight for Bisping all had it the same as the 3 judges 48-47. 1 source scored this fight a Draw. 4 of 5 that had this for Anderson had it 48-47 while 1 source had it 49-46 in favor of the Spider.

The only thing odd to me of all these scores was the 49-46 score. Like I said I didn't watch but it sounded to me like the right person got their hand raised and this is coming from me and I picked Anderson Silva to win today.

Post #4   2/28/16 1:03:54AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,401-3,685
Chips:
I gave 1, 2 and 4 to Bisping. 4 seems to be the deciding round. tildengolfer is absolutely right no matter how you scored it. Silva has himself to blame for this loss. He chose to fight like a jackass and it cost him the fight. It almost cost him another KO loss too... If Bisping had more power behind his punches, Silva is getting ktfo in round 2.

Post #5   2/28/16 1:45:36AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,508-1,433
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Everyone saying silva didn't do enough and being pretty critical of him. Let's be honest he always fights like that and he usually puts guys away with his accuracy which he did have in there against bisping rocking him multiple times it just wasn't good enough for everyone though because he didn't get the finish. I mean it was basically fuckeing done after the flying knee and if herb dean had any concern for bisping he would have stopped it there because he was fucken legit knocked out on the floor. Bisping however was super tough and did not get lulled into silva's movement trickery although at times he did and he payed for this.

Gave bisping 1,2 and 4. Don't think that's a stretch. Silva did fight well much better than he did against Diaz... Was a close fight against a game bisping who stayed focused for most of the fight

Post #6   2/28/16 2:42:23AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,367-834
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Everyone saying silva didn't do enough and being pretty critical of him. Let's be honest he always fights like that and he usually puts guys away with his accuracy which he did have in there against bisping rocking him multiple times it just wasn't good enough for everyone though because he didn't get the finish. I mean it was basically fuckeing done after the flying knee and if herb dean had any concern for bisping he would have stopped it there because he was fucken legit knocked out on the floor. Bisping however was super tough and did not get lulled into silva's movement trickery although at times he did and he payed for this.

Gave bisping 1,2 and 4. Don't think that's a stretch. Silva did fight well much better than he did against Diaz... Was a close fight against a game bisping who stayed focused for most of the fight

Think aussiemma has come full circle, I remember when aussiemma came to the PG and used to bash on Bisping a lot, now im not sure if he's grown to like Bisping or the PG has taught him how to produce a solid debate without need for fighter bashing.

Bisping still has his pillow fists but the number of guys who have underestimated them and ended up on there back is unbelievable. Bisping did exactly what was needed from him, Silva should have stopped clowning after seeing the reality of anything happening after losing to Weidman, for some reason he hasn't and instead of just winning he's a victim of his own pride. Nothing wrong with winning by knockout by simple hooks and uppercuts but he feels the need for these big knees and front kicks.

Why not just get the job done, same debate as Usain bolt, why not just sprint for the full 100m, why not just finish the fight, for whatever reason Silva just doesn't.

It's tragic really, the GOAT for whatever reason doesn't fight at 100%, sadly for myself and for Bisping, he took away the win, we have to somehow put it in the back of our minds thats Silva has more potential but whatever reason "his best" couldn't beat Bisping.

Even though we all somehow feel Silva isn't fighting his best for 25 minutes, all we can go on is octagon performances and Bisping beat the Silva that showed up, not a matter of not trying his best, if he was good enough, he should have beat him.

Last edited 2/28/16 6:45AM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Dirty Blue

Post #7   2/28/16 6:43:18AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,508-1,433
Chips:
You make it out as if I fight bashed bisping all the time, I think I made one or two comments and that was years ago.

I don't know what you mean about silva using simple hooks instead of front kicks and knees ? That's what makes him so fucking legendary. He in fact landed a sick flying knee that basically killed bisping's face and a front kick that staggered him too. Silva fought very well tonight he fought the way he used to just didn't come off for him because Bisping didn't get fooled by silva's misdirection and he stayed busy on him with pressure at all times.

I really don't understand the bagging of silva because if he had landed that flying knee 10 seconds earlier then he would be being praised right now with one of the knockouts of his career.

What else could he have done more ? Land more shots been a bit busier ? To me that is such a stupid thing to say or imply after seeing silva land those crazy shots and break bisping's face open.

Sorry your post is annoying and so is your point of view of silva's performance.

Post #8   2/28/16 8:15:47AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,357-2,347
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

You make it out as if I fight bashed bisping all the time, I think I made one or two comments and that was years ago.

I don't know what you mean about silva using simple hooks instead of front kicks and knees ? That's what makes him so fucking legendary. He in fact landed a sick flying knee that basically killed bisping's face and a front kick that staggered him too. Silva fought very well tonight he fought the way he used to just didn't come off for him because Bisping didn't get fooled by silva's misdirection and he stayed busy on him with pressure at all times.

I really don't understand the bagging of silva because if he had landed that flying knee 10 seconds earlier then he would be being praised right now with one of the knockouts of his career.

What else could he have done more ? Land more shots been a bit busier ? To me that is such a stupid thing to say or imply after seeing silva land those crazy shots and break bisping's face open.

Sorry your post is annoying and so is your point of view of silva's performance.

That's precisely what everyone is implying that Bisping didn't "win", Silva "lost", who could have took that fight at any point if he would have upped his output and stopped playing court jester

Post #9   2/28/16 9:12:30AM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,547-1,677
Chips:
10 pt must system.......MUST be replaced lol.

If silva didn't ko bisping by round 2 id call it a career for silva.Bisping is a solid mid tier guy but silva should a ate him up.

This event had tons of decisions including this main event.......probly good it was on fight pass.

Post #10   2/28/16 11:51:00AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,673-2,244
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I can understand giving Bisping 3 of the 4 rounds. I cannot understand how Bisping couldn't even make it back to his corner at the end of the third yet still only lost the round 10-9. The beating he recieved in the 3rd round was worse than all the damage he did to Anderson throughout the fight.

If the judges don't understand that it's a 10 point system and not a 1 point system then the entire scoring system needs to be changed to make it idiot-proof.

Not all rounds are equal. When people argue about MMA decisions nowadays, they say things like 1,2,4 or 3,4,5... but it's not a best of 5.. It's one fight that's separated into rounds so the fighters don't gas out.

Everyone who watched knows Anderson beat Bisping up, he ate a few shots himself, but he clearly won the fight.

It's time to either judge the "fights" as a whole, or change the name from UFC to Ultimate Mixed-Martial-Arts competition Championship

Last edited 2/28/16 12:50PM server time by bustamante-aoki
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   2/28/16 12:48:46PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

I'm critical of the showboating because he's been knocked the fuck out before WHILE showboating. It's one thing to do that when you're the undefeated GOAT, it's another to do it when you're a 40 year old, coming off a year off because you failed a drug test and are 0-2-1 in your last 3 fights. I was critical of him doing that while he was the GOAT as well. It's a fight, stop dancing around like a jackass.

Honestly, how could you not be critical. He said he thought he won but he literally let Bisping punch him while he was backed against the cage several different times. That's a terrible strategy if you want to win a fight. Anderson Silva or not...

Post #12   2/28/16 1:42:06PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

I can understand giving Bisping 3 of the 4 rounds. I cannot understand how Bisping couldn't even make it back to his corner at the end of the third yet still only lost the round 10-9. The beating he recieved in the 3rd round was worse than all the damage he did to Anderson throughout the fight.

If the judges don't understand that it's a 10 point system and not a 1 point system then the entire scoring system needs to be changed to make it idiot-proof.

Not all rounds are equal. When people argue about MMA decisions nowadays, they say things like 1,2,4 or 3,4,5... but it's not a best of 5.. It's one fight that's separated into rounds so the fighters don't gas out.

Everyone who watched knows Anderson beat Bisping up, he ate a few shots himself, but he clearly won the fight.

It's time to either judge the "fights" as a whole, or change the name from UFC to Ultimate Mixed-Martial-Arts competition Championship

I also can't argue with any of that. I'd like the rules changed just as much as anyone. Isn't it entirely on a commission to set those rules though? Changing the rules would limit the number of venues they can go to.

Post #13   2/28/16 1:45:30PM   

JoeWarren33

Heavyweight Champ

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,606-2,889
Chips:

Nicely said!

Post #14   2/28/16 1:56:10PM   

JoeWarren33

Heavyweight Champ

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,606-2,889
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I also can't argue with any of that. I'd like the rules changed just as much as anyone. Isn't it entirely on a commission to set those rules though? Changing the rules would limit the number of venues they can go to.

So we won't have events every week. I see this as a good thing.

Post #15   2/28/16 1:57:07PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4