Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Teammates Andrei Arlovski vs. Alistair Overeem targeted for

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,541-2,391
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Two heavyweight teammates are expected to clash in May at UFC Fight Night 87.

Former champion Andrei Arlovski (25-11 MMA, 14-5 UFC) and Jackson-Wink MMA teammate Alistair Overeem (40-14 MMA, 5-3 UFC) are expected to clash at the event.

Arlovski posted the matchup on Instagram with the message “coming soon.” Bleacher Report‘s Jeremy Botter first reported the matchup on Saturday.

mmajunkie

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   2/21/16 9:18:18AM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:
This is a really good fight. Only way the winner of this fight doesn't get the next title shot should be if Rothwell beats Junior.

Really don't know who will win this haha. There both wildcards. Arlovski can come out sharp or he can be sluggish and boring like against Mir and Schaub. Overeem likes to be the bully but a few good shots changes that.

Post #2   2/21/16 9:22:21AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:3,098-1,799
Chips:
i love this fight, even if it doesnt really make sense from a title shot perspective. WAR FUN FIGHTS!

Post #3   2/21/16 10:22:58AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,355-1,652
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I wouldn't call them 'teammates' more than two guys who happen to train under the same roof.

Post #4   2/21/16 12:30:41PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

This is a really good fight. Only way the winner of this fight doesn't get the next title shot should be if Rothwell beats Junior.

Really don't know who will win this haha. There both wildcards. Arlovski can come out sharp or he can be sluggish and boring like against Mir and Schaub. Overeem likes to be the bully but a few good shots changes that.

I would say if Overeem wins, he gets a Title Shot but AA just got blasted by Miocic so I think he'd need another win, IMO. But I've seen stranger things.

Post #5   2/21/16 12:57:20PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,491-3,027
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Reem wins he gets a title ahot.

And cain is in no mans land for a title shot now.

My guess is he will face barnett next. Or mir vs hunt winner

Post #6   2/21/16 1:19:06PM   

JackHammerXXX

MMA Regular

JackHammerXXX Avatar

Career:4,706-2,956
Chips:
It seems HW divison is congested, but are we complaining? The part about Andrei coming off 1st rd KO loss, in what will be short turnabound, and Overeem, coming off one of, if not The biggest win in the division, surprised me being matched together. UFC needed a main event and prolly really wanted Overeem there, so between the pitbull and rematches with Browne, or the Roth, they did what they had to.

Miocic Werdum for title, whoever wins more impressively between Overeem and Rothwell, would likely get next title shot. Rightfully so, I think I wanna see Cain fight again before shot but knowing the UFC, he will be fighting for it by years end. Browne not matched up yet, maybe fill in for one of these guys dropping out.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #7   2/21/16 2:49:03PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JackHammerXXX

It seems HW divison is congested, but are we complaining? The part about Andrei coming off 1st rd KO loss, in what will be short turnabound, and Overeem, coming off one of, if not The biggest win in the division, surprised me being matched together. UFC needed a main event and prolly really wanted Overeem there, so between the pitbull and rematches with Browne, or the Roth, they did what they had to.

Miocic Werdum for title, whoever wins more impressively between Overeem and Rothwell, would likely get next title shot. Rightfully so, I think I wanna see Cain fight again before shot but knowing the UFC, he will be fighting for it by years end. Browne not matched up yet, maybe fill in for one of these guys dropping out.

Not trying to be a hater but I think Cain retires really soon.

Post #8   2/21/16 3:16:23PM