Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA writer accuses BJ Penn of sexual assault and drug use

Print  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,288-793
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
BJ Penn's retirement hasn't exactly been a quiet one. Not long after hanging up the gloves, the former UFC champion found himself on the wrong side of the law, following an apparent parking lot scrap with a friend that saw him get a fresh mugshot. The issue was apparently resolved after Penn agreed to pay the man's medical bills for injuries stemming from the fight.

Now, Penn has another public relations headache that might become something more serious. Former BJPenn.com website writer Pedro Alex Carrasco took to Twitter on Tuesday, February 16th to share a few choice pieces of information about his former employer. Carrasco who parted ways with the site back in October of last year has been relatively quiet on Twitter since leaving his post, but his recent messages leveled some heavy accusations:

LINK

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   2/16/16 9:23:22PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
Don't really know what to think or say right now besides I wonder what will come of this... Pretty sad news if this is true, probably won't be returning to competition I'm guessing either.

Post #2   2/16/16 9:26:08PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:4,777-2,736
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Those are some big time accusations there. I hope the sexual assault isn't true. That's a tough thing to prove either way though. Damn, this is disappointing to have to read either way...

Post #3   2/16/16 9:37:53PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:3,769-2,161
Chips:
MMA journalist Cynthia Vance also had some things to say on the situation.

Twitter

Post #4   2/16/16 9:38:00PM   

Five-Alive

Hiatus

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Those are some big time accusations there. I hope the sexual assault isn't true. That's a tough thing to prove either way though. Damn, this is disappointing to have to read either way...

I felt bad posting it, especially since BJ was one of my favs....but felt I should share it anyways.

Posted by FastKnockout

MMA journalist Cynthia Vance also had some things to say on the situation.

Twitter

She had a lot to say in the BE post too. Seeing multiple people come forward about this and knowing there's an investigation going on has me feeling not good about BJ's innocence. Still unsure if I want to jump on the "he's guilty, shame him" side until more proof surfaces or if he's convicted.

Post #5   2/16/16 10:55:13PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,432-2,449
Chips:
These are some pretty damning allegations...I'd love to see what BJ has to say about them, although I Don't think we'll get a statement out of him. If he really were addicted to cocaine though, I think he would have tested positive for it at least once in his career, no? I realize it's not in your system for a long time but if you're an addict it would be tough to just stop. Guess we just hate to wait and see what happens with this....

Post #6   2/17/16 1:07:45AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,533-2,457
Chips:
Safe to say u can rule out 197 card

Post #7   2/17/16 8:19:15AM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,770-1,533
Chips:
I am a die Hard Penn fan, he was one of the main reasons I got into this sport way back when since ufc 63 when he lost to Hughes. That being said this breaks my heart & am sad to hear it. It's hard for these successful people not to think they are above the law & can do things like this. Not justifying it just sad to see.

That being said I dont see why this would nix his comeback. Not like there charges yet. Wonder if this played a part in him leaving to Greg Jacksons. Things probably were going bad back home so it made it easier to devote himself full time to mma by himself in Albuquerque

Last edited 2/17/16 9:40AM server time by quezocrema0032
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/17/16 9:39:10AM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:2,934-1,839
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
My initial reaction towards allegations made by a former BJPENN.com writer is it should be taken with a large grain of salt considering the level of integrity that has been displayed by writers on that site for years, hence, no integrity at all. Pedro has been described by other media writers who have worked with BJPENN.com before as shady and border line conniving. This seems like a call to attention thus far, why is happy to go full media blitz now instead of before? Why is he going full smear campaign by also levying accusations completely independent of the potential assault? Why does he need to clarify to those whose attention he did garner that his girlfriend is a playboy model?

These are serious allegations and currently a one sided he said she said affair from a side who doesn't have rapport with integrity . More information is needed to begin to reach any type of rationale conclusion.

Last edited 2/17/16 2:21PM server time by gdpofmpg

Post #9   2/17/16 1:05:15PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
I clearly have no idea on way or another but smear campaigns on twitter? If there was a serious active investigation about this why not let it play out? Who knows whats what I just hate flinging poop on social media. Especially when the only reason you have followers was due to the man you are talking shit on.

Post #10   2/17/16 3:50:17PM   

Near07

MMA Regular

Near07 Avatar

Career:3,253-2,503
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
Sounds like Pedro found out BJ slept with his "playboy model gf" as he describes her lol. I'm sure BJ has partied in his day, Pedro was probably right there partying with him...

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #11   2/17/16 5:10:48PM   

Near07

MMA Regular

Near07 Avatar

Career:3,253-2,503
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
Here's a quote from someone who worked with Pedro.. ? I was a writer for BJPENN.COM
Pretty floored to see Pedro go nuclear on BJ. The entire time i was writing for the BJPENN.com Pedro was 100% a team player and went to bat for BJ and the Penn family. He did so much of the shit work for literally zero respect from Penn crew and/or other ppl in MMA. This reversal is pretty much a 180 for the guy. This all being said…. Pedro is also 100% a grade A asshole and douche. Whatever sleaze that Pedro claims to have been a part of, sans sexual assault allegations, he definitely participated in other ways against other fighters, writers and for the Penn family. Though Pedro is definitely capable of outright lying and fabrication ( he instructed writers to do this on atleast on occasion), sexual assault if pretty freaking serious.

by whtbrd100 on Feb 17, 2016 | 9:37 AM

Like I said he probably pissed because his girl cheated on him with BJ, so now he's trying to trash his name while he still dating her lmao

Post #12   2/17/16 5:17:20PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Near07

Here's a quote from someone who worked with Pedro.. ? I was a writer for BJPENN.COM
Pretty floored to see Pedro go nuclear on BJ. The entire time i was writing for the BJPENN.com Pedro was 100% a team player and went to bat for BJ and the Penn family. He did so much of the shit work for literally zero respect from Penn crew and/or other ppl in MMA. This reversal is pretty much a 180 for the guy. This all being said…. Pedro is also 100% a grade A asshole and douche. Whatever sleaze that Pedro claims to have been a part of, sans sexual assault allegations, he definitely participated in other ways against other fighters, writers and for the Penn family. Though Pedro is definitely capable of outright lying and fabrication ( he instructed writers to do this on atleast on occasion), sexual assault if pretty freaking serious.

Like I said he probably pissed because his girl cheated on him with BJ, so now he's trying to trash his name while he still dating her lmao

This statement corroborates what another former writer for BJPenn.com whom I used to post with on another forum said about Pedro:

I had a stint on BJPenn.com a while back and worked under Pedro - the guy making these accusations. He's quite a shady character and I personally don't trust him at all.

He doesn't lend himself to credibility and his twitter offensive has been getting picked at, and not just in the typical way these stories sometimes can be.

Edit: Just wanted to add the caveat that this isn't a declaration by me of guilt or innocence towards BJ, just observations about the perception and reputation of the guy bringing forth the accusations. Penn him self has detractors of his character over the years as well.

Last edited 2/17/16 7:15PM server time by gdpofmpg

Post #13   2/17/16 5:50:50PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by Near07

This statement corroborates what another former writer for BJPenn.com whom I used to post with on another forum said about Pedro:

I had a stint on BJPenn.com a while back and worked under Pedro - the guy making these accusations. He's quite a shady character and I personally don't trust him at all.

He doesn't lend himself to credibility and his twitter offensive has been getting picked at, and not just in the typical way these stories sometimes can be.

Edit: Just wanted to add the caveat that this isn't a declaration by me of guilt or innocence towards BJ, just observations about the perception and reputation of the guy bringing forth the accusations. Penn him self has detractors of his character over the years as well.

Seems even more people who have worked for Pedro are letting it be known what they think of him:

In other news...

Amber Soukus, the girlfriend of former http://BJPenn.com editor Pedro Carrasco, filed charges against Penn in Delaware, OH yesterday, yesterday.

Jermey Botter Twitter - Amber Soukus, the girlfriend of former http://BJPenn.com editor Pedro Carrasco, filed charges against Penn in Delaware, OH yesterday.

Last edited 2/19/16 11:54AM server time by gdpofmpg
2 total post edits

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #14   2/18/16 3:29:43PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:
Statement from Penn's camp on the matter:

The allegations that Pedro and his girlfriend are making against BJ Penn simply aren’t true. Penn trusted Pedro to run his website for almost a decade and considered him family. He was fired last year for unethical behavior and was provided a severence that ended on February 16, 2016. One day later allegations appeared in a one sided Twitter rant which happen to be many months after the alleged date in question. (August of 2015). There are many holes in Pedro’s story. In the almost 15 years that Penn has been a champion fighter there has not ever been any incident or allegation in regards to his conduct with women. He is family man and father of two young daughters with a known long term girlfriend. It is unfortunate that someone that BJ considered family is trying to extort him.

Jeremy Botter seems to be following this story closely:

Post #15   2/19/16 11:54:24AM