Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tim Means flagged for 'potential' USADA violation, out of bout against Donald Cerrone

Print  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,342-1,837
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Another day, another anti-doping violation. The UFC announced Wednesday that welterweight veteran Tim Means has been flagged for a "potential Anti-Doping Policy violation" stemming from an out-of-competition drug test with the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

As a result of the potential violation, Means is out of his UFC Fight Night 83 main event bout against Donald Cerrone. A replacement opponent for Cerrone is expected to be announced "shortly." Link

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #1   2/3/16 9:53:21PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,728-1,932
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Gives a whole new meaning to The Dirty Bird...

Sorry had to do it

Post #2   2/3/16 10:02:00PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,512-3,753
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
BRUTAL

Honestly, one of the last guys I would have expected. I don't know if I've ever seen a guy popped for that though. I don't even know what it is honestly.

tim means ? @MeansTim
Fucccck that came out of left field! @usantidoping
8:26 PM - 3 Feb 2016

tim means ? @MeansTim
Never even heard of ostarine! Look at my physic. Do I look like a steroid user! Lol.
9:38 PM - 3 Feb 2016

Post #3   2/3/16 10:06:28PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:
Was so looking forward to this fight. A lot of people think it's weed related. Will be interesting to see if that's it. The USADA better be right, because Means is out a good amount of money.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   2/3/16 10:06:36PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,512-3,753
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Was so looking forward to this fight. A lot of people think it's weed related. Will be interesting to see if that's it. The USADA better be right, because Means is out a good amount of money.

Tim Means is saying he got popped for ostarine.

Post #5   2/3/16 10:09:21PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:
Just saw your post. Interesting, he definitely doesn't strike me as one to use roids.

Post #6   2/3/16 10:18:20PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,550-1,474
Chips:
Cerrone dodged a bullet

Post #7   2/4/16 12:31:12AM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,467-756
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I used to think all the guys who get popped and blame other factors where full of shit but now I'm not so sure. Most of these athletes consume ridiculous amounts of many different supplements and maybe they all werent full of shit after all. A frontline doc just aired and is available to watch online on PBS called "supplements and safety" and is a real eye opener about this totally unregulated industry. Stories of steroid contaminated vitamin b capsules causing oblivious church ladies to suddenly grow beards, guys growing new tits, etc etc. Any of you PGer's who train should really watch this doc then do some reading. If you arent buying from GNC you are taking a big chance with your health. (they have the only tracking system and proper quality control)

Post #8   2/4/16 6:00:30AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,537-1,609
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I could be wrong, but even if it was weed it wouldn't be flagged. Out of competition tests ignore recreational drugs.

Hopefully this turns out to be a mistake. That was a banging main event. Maybe thatch will get moved up.

Last edited 2/4/16 8:31AM server time by airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   2/4/16 8:30:59AM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:
He's guilty already because of the way USADA does their business with this. If they don't have concrete evidence they should keep their mouth shut until they do. They still haven't said anything regarding Romero, but he was considered guilty anyways same as Means. It's a shady way to do business because later if it turns out the potential doesn't amount to a violation, well the damage is already done because the pitch fork and torch crowds don't care.

Post #10   2/4/16 10:54:26AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,682-2,248
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by traveller77

I used to think all the guys who get popped and blame other factors where full of shit but now I'm not so sure. Most of these athletes consume ridiculous amounts of many different supplements and maybe they all werent full of shit after all. A frontline doc just aired and is available to watch online on PBS called "supplements and safety" and is a real eye opener about this totally unregulated industry. Stories of steroid contaminated vitamin b capsules causing oblivious church ladies to suddenly grow beards, guys growing new tits, etc etc. Any of you PGer's who train should really watch this doc then do some reading. If you arent buying from GNC you are taking a big chance with your health. (they have the only tracking system and proper quality control)

When Sean Sherk got busted he sent everything (he consumes regularly) in for testing. He claims an unopened case of water came back as being positive for steroids... Sherk looked like a potential steroid user so no one believed him, but I've always taken positive tests with a grain of salt.

Then the whole Nick Diaz thing where he failed one out of three tests? How does that even happen? Makes the whole thing seem like a joke

I'll check that video out, thanks for sharing

Here's a very interesting article about the USADA that I came across the other week
Can Boxing trust the USADA?

Last edited 2/4/16 1:49PM server time by bustamante-aoki
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   2/4/16 1:49:25PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Belt Contender

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:3,682-2,248
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Ostarine for sale online

Ostarine info

It's sold (presumably legally) online as a supplement...

Post #12   2/4/16 1:54:10PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,254
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Posted by traveller77

When Sean Sherk got busted he sent everything (he consumes regularly) in for testing. He claims an unopened case of water came back as being positive for steroids... Sherk looked like a potential steroid user so no one believed him, but I've always taken positive tests with a grain of salt.

Then the whole Nick Diaz thing where he failed one out of three tests? How does that even happen? Makes the whole thing seem like a joke

I'll check that video out, thanks for sharing

Here's a very interesting article about the USADA that I came across the other week
Can Boxing trust the USADA?

The Sherk one was one of the very few tests where I absolutely didn't believe he did it. If you watch behind the scenes stuff with him, he cooks all his own meals on a hot plate in the hotel because he wants to be 100% sure what he's putting in his body, won't go anywhere near buildings where people can smoke, etc. The whole thing was bizarre, and this kind of feels the same way. Means looks like he benches 150lbs.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #13   2/4/16 2:32:05PM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender