Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on FOX 18 Results: Johnson Vs Bader

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:3,442-2,080
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Anthony Johnson def. Ryan Bader via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 1:26
Ben Rothwell def. Josh Barnett via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 3:48
Jimmie Rivera def. Iuri Alcantara via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Bryan Barberena def. Sage Northcutt via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 3:06
Tarec Saffiedine def. Jake Ellenberger via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Diego Ferreira def. Olivier Aubin-Mercier via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Rafael Natal def. Kevin Casey via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 3:37
Wilson Reis def. Dustin Ortiz via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Alexander Yakovlev def. George Sullivan via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 3:59
Alex Caceres def. Masio Fullen via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Randy Brown def. Matt Dwyer via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Damon Jackson vs. Levan Makashvili majority draw (29-27, 28-28, 28-28)
Tony Martin def. Filipe Olivieri via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 3:02

LINK

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   1/31/16 2:56:59PM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,799-2,227
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Bader shooting from 20 feet away

Post #2   1/31/16 6:54:25PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,406-1,684
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

He shot from to far, agree. I think he respected Johnsons power too much. Ultimately it wS his demise, I wish it played out more, but oh well.

Last edited 2/1/16 12:12AM server time by tildengolfer
Edit note/reason: Siblings

Post #3   1/31/16 11:17:44PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,206-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Sage Northcutt can well and truly not handle pressure, it's not like Barbarena is a serious contender either. Not sure if he can turn this around... He has all the physical tools in the world but is still really green in MMA experience... I don't care what Barbarena says about that shoulder pressure choke, nobody in the UFC should be tapping to that. Northcutt can't seem to be able to get out from underneath when on bottom and when he strikes he does land good shots but when he realised they didn't have a great effect he slowly began to fold.

Bader was dissapointing.

Can't believe I actually picked Casey to beat Natal.

I think Ellenberger is done, way too much competition at WW and he just can't be competitive with the top 10 anymore. Not really anywhere for him to go or prove, I'm sure he would have some success at another organisation though, UFC welterweights are too good

Post #4   2/1/16 12:19:57AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,868-3,366
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

He shot from to far, agree. I think he respected Johnsons power too much. Ultimately it wS his demise, I wish it played out more, but oh well.

Agreed. I think Rumble's power intimidated Bader and he let it get in his head unfortunately. You can't shoot on a power puncher with a wrestling background like that and not pay a price. That might have been Bader's last chance at a title shot too I hate to say it. Even though the division is weak right now, a loss like that stays with you for a while. Especially when it's the main event on FOX. Bader just can't get over that top 5 hump unfortunately.

Also, Sage got hammered on twitter all night by professional fighters. On one hand it's totally understandable when you have guys like James Vick getting paid shit all with a much better resume and skill set but on another hand, can you blame Sage for taking 40k/40k when it was offered to him? It's not his fault they overhyped him and threw him on main cards that early in his career and at his age. Hopefully he can avoid social media for a while. He's getting backlash he doesn't really deserve. The backlash should be directed towards the UFC for promoting good looking fighters over skilled and proven fighters.

Last edited 2/1/16 12:58AM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   2/1/16 12:49:43AM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,799-2,227
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by tildengolfer

Agreed. I think Rumble's power intimidated Bader and he let it get in his head unfortunately. You can't shoot on a power puncher with a wrestling background like that and not pay a price. That might have been Bader's last chance at a title shot too I hate to say it. Even though the division is weak right now, a loss like that stays with you for a while. Especially when it's the main event on FOX. Bader just can't get over that top 5 hump unfortunately.

Also, Sage got hammered on twitter all night by professional fighters. On one hand it's totally understandable when you have guys like James Vick getting paid shit all with a much better resume and skill set but on another hand, can you blame Sage for taking 40k/40k when it was offered to him? It's not his fault they overhyped him and threw him on main cards that early in his career and at his age. Hopefully he can avoid social media for a while. He's getting backlash he doesn't really deserve. The backlash should be directed towards the UFC for promoting good looking fighters over skilled and proven fighters.

A kid like that getting paid so well helps set the standard so hopefully the next up and comer gets to use Sage's salary as negotiation leverage and as much as I hate to sound like the bald father, James Vick don't draw shit. It's the promotion's job to do just that, promote, but it's a lot easier promoting a 19 year old kid, with a pearly white smile that can do standing quadruple front flips.

One has to wonder though if Sage would have gotten 3 fairly easy fights in such a short time span had it not been for the fact Dana was the one to discover him.

Post #6   2/1/16 1:21:06PM