Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lentz issues 'non-negotiable' demands to BJ Penn: 'I’m holding the whip hand'

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,652-3,838
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Read the entire letter below:

"BJ,
I received your poorly-worded, utterly predictable, message. In spite of its clumsy structure, awful spelling, incorrect usage (you state at one point that I wrote a poem about you making fun of yourself), and general air of arrogance, entitled stupidity, I'm considering your request.

There are, of course, some conditions.

- I'm never competing at 145 ever again. Neither should you. I came to this conclusion after doing careful research, and deciding what was right for my long-term health as well as my short-term performance. If you fight at 145, it won't be long before you're eating banana mush in a nuthouse. I am accountable to my family, and my future with them. Because you are an impulsive tyrant surrounded by yes-men, you have no ability to make rational, intelligent decisions. So I am making this one for you. If we fight, it would be at 155.

- I'm not fighting in March. Neither are you. You may imagine you are, and the imbeciles you surround yourself with may nod in agreement like the trained dogs they are, but you aren't fighting in March. You've lied to your fans, and let them down over and over, and nobody is clamoring to put the BJ PENN EXCUSE FACTORY back in business. Were I to agree to fight you in March and whup your ass, it would only give you and your lackeys the "BJ didn't have enough time" bullshit excuse. Additionally, if we do fight, it will be on MY timetable, NOT yours. You are retired, and have no schedule. I am an active fighter, on the roster, with a schedule and training platform that is not beholden to your desires, grudges, or need for narcissistic supply.

- You still owe Mike Dolce $22,000. Knowing him, he is too gracious and dignified a man to revisit the traitorous back-stabbing skullduggery you engaged in with him after the third time Frankie Edgar kicked your ass inside-out. I, however, don't have the luxury of grace, and dignity is best left out of any exchange that includes you. You will donate $22,000 of your purse to the HAWAII DOG FOUNDATION, a no-kill, all-volunteer rescue organization working hard to rescue and rehabilitate dogs in Hawaii, in Mike Dolce's name.

Give these conditions some thought. They are non-negotiable. They are rules you WILL abide by, or you can go whistle. I have a contract, and plenty of guys to fight. As a Narcissist, you have nothing but an image. And you NEED attention. You have all the money you could ever spend; but it doesn't satisfy you. I have what you NEED. I'M in charge. You can do what narcissists usually do when confronted by a higher power; SLINK AWAY. Or you can confront your needs, realize I can fulfill them, and come to terms with me, looming over you, holding the....

WHIP HAND.

I'm ALREADY in charge, you poor, deluded, fool. I did more to motivate you with TWO POEMS than all your yes-men, and titles, and highlights could.
Get as angry as you want. Go out behind your huge inherited estate and kick rocks. Go cry to your Mommy. Go shit in your hat and bark at the moon.
You want to fight?
Then it's on MY terms.
FACE IT.

Now run along, little man. Go find a way to swallow your overarching pride and do it MY way, or scuttle about like a deformed crab at low tide, like a masochist at last call, desperately looking for somebody else to thrash you.

You can go to Greg Jackson's, you can go to Jermaine Jackson's, you can listen to Mahalia Jackson, you can resurrect Jackson fuckin' POLLOCK to paint you a better picture of yourself than the one we all see; but...

You're an unclaimed, busted-down suitcase on a dusty shelf in an abandoned bus-terminal. Accept my conditions, or rot in obscurity.

Nik Lentz
Your BOSS"

LINK

Post #1   1/14/16 10:13:26AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,639-1,691
Chips:
Stinging response. Still in my top 3 of least anticipated matchups

Post #2   1/14/16 10:18:40AM   

jae_1833

Bullfrog actual

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:6,594-4,386
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I started to feel this way yesterday when I saw that BJ Penn was training for a fight with Jackson-Wink: Nik Lentz is a fucking scumbag. Now before I get banned for fighter bashing (which seems to have died down lately) just think about it. The up and coming, incredibly proven kryptomite style having, tough as nails fighter Lentz (never considered even a top 15 fighter in my book) has been for about two years now harassing and non stop calling out a retired, been beaten to a pulp by wrestlers for a decade, too proud to back down legend BJ Penn.

The fight is predictable and will be painful to watch regardless of who he is training with. Loving BJ is easy, watching him fight lately is not. I feel like I deserve a big cry baby meme saying leave BJ Penn alone for this rant but seriously, does anyone want to see this fight at all?

Post #3   1/14/16 10:44:37AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,652-3,838
Chips:
To be fair, Lentz wasn't the one to throw the first stone in this fight. He also technically hasn't said anything that isn't true, despite how harsh he is about it. I don't see BJ as the victim here honestly.

Post #4   1/14/16 11:05:47AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,777-1,983
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Rule #1: don't critique some ones grammar and then fuck up in your response. Makes you look like a bigger moron.

Post #5   1/14/16 11:25:30AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:5,416-3,592
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Rule #1: don't critique some ones grammar and then fuck up in your response. Makes you look like a bigger moron.

Other than some unneeded commas I don't see anything too glaringly bad with his statement. My grammar is pretty bad too though. What is it that you see that make him look like a moron?

Post #6   1/14/16 1:25:17PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,777-1,983
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Posted by tildengolfer

Other than some unneeded commas I don't see anything too glaringly bad with his statement. My grammar is pretty bad too though. What is it that you see that make him look like a moron?

I think he looks moronic because he keeps up with this charade. He needs to just let Penn keep running his mouth and ignore him. Lentz and Penn are not fighting, not in March, not ever. Penn, as much as I love him and he's a fucking legend, needs to retire. Lentz by igniting this fire is looking a bit childish, no matter how word-y his response is. It's like a saying, 'don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.' Lentz needs to just ignore this and go about his business. Not speaking bad on either party, it just is a bit childish for lack of a better word at this moment (or until I get my coffee in me ).

Post #7   1/14/16 1:36:31PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:4,210-3,089
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

You said "some ones" grammar. You mean "someone's".

Just messin' with ya, man!

Post #8   1/14/16 7:17:09PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:5,306-3,262
Chips:
I personally loved his response. Reminded me a lot of Chael Sonnen's smack talk.

Post #9   1/15/16 12:23:47AM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,469-2,021
Chips:
Like the above poster mentioned Lentz is a dick. He's the one who wrote a poem to call out Penn & state how badly he would whoop him. Penn takes a BIG step to make it happen (moving to Jacksons to train) & now Lentz has demands to make the fight happen?!?!

Who the hell is Nik Lentz this is easily the only sellable fight he has ever had & will ever have & now he's too good to take it without calling the shots?!?!

I agree I don't want to see Penn comeback at all but if he does this is the first non killer he would have fought in YEARS so it could be worse. I'm so pissed off with Lentz it's ridiculous I hope Penn says fuck him & doesn't give Lentz the honor of fighting a legend. This delusional piece of crap doesn't deserve it. I just can't believe his arrogance when he's clearly been picking a fight with a washed up penn (not saying penn didn't start it but he's clearly been keeping the beef alive) & now he's pulling this stuff?! Ridiculous.

Post #10   1/15/16 2:06:56AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
The only one of his demands that is a bit of a stretch is the donation to charity in Dolce's name.

There's no way Lentz should have to move divisions to fight Penn, and its smart to make sure both have adequate time to prepare because BJ would absolutely use that as an excuse when he loses the fight.

I actually like this side of Lentz, his smack talk is far more entertaining than the way he fights

Post #11   1/15/16 3:19:15AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:1,295-852
Chips:
WAR BJ

Post #12   1/15/16 11:14:41AM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Chips:
This letter business from Lentz is kinda dumb. "I'm holding the whip hand"??? wtf is he even talking about?

Post #13   1/15/16 11:17:00AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:1,295-852
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

This letter business from Lentz is kinda dumb. "I'm holding the whip hand"??? wtf is he even talking about?

Some racist shit

Post #14   1/15/16 11:23:25AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:3,061-1,907
Chips:
This message was sarcastic, condescending, passive/aggressive, mean spirited, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I liked it so much I read it to my wife, and the first thing she said was "Sounds exactly like something you would write."

I've always been a Penn hater, and made a good chunk of change taking him to lose from Edgar 1 to Edgar 3, with my favorites being the Rory and Nick beat downs. Couldn't believe he was the fav over Diaz, too easy.

You look at BJs record and realize that he outgrappled some decent strikers, outstruck some okay grapplers, and lost to everyone he ever fought who was even remotely exceptional at anything.

Even in his prime Nick would've ground BJ into dust, so I hope this fight does happen, cause Lentz inside the distance is easy money. Especially with all the fools that see the name Penn and throw their money away on him to keep the odds close.

Post #15   1/15/16 10:41:20PM