Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

John Lineker to Bryan Caraway: ‘I need another name that I can knock out’

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,424-3,697
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
UFC bantamweight John Lineker is game to fight Bryan Caraway if the UFC makes it so.

In a statement released Wednesday to MMAjunkie, former flyweight contender Lineker (26-7 MMA, 7-2 UFC) said he heard Caraway’s (20-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC) callout on MMAjunkie Radio and welcomes a booking.

“I saw that Bryan Caraway wants to fight me,” Lineker wrote. “I also heard he’s friends with Francisco Rivera, so I guess he just wants to defend his buddy’s honor and have his back, and I’m absolutely fine with that.”

Caraway recently told MMAjunkie Radio he watched Lineker’s most recent bout, a “Fight of the Night” knockout of Francisco Rivera at UFC 191, and came away with a desire to fight the heavy-handed Brazilian.

“He beat Francisco, so I kind of want to get in there and mix it up with him,” Caraway said.

Lineker said a fight with the veteran of “The Ultimate Fighter 14” veteran is good for his career.

“Truthfully, I’m honored that Caraway wants to fight me,” he said. “I’ll graciously accept the fight if it fits the UFC’s purpose. I know it fits mine.

“I need another name in the division that I can knock out. People keep calling me small for the division, but as I continue to rack up these names, they’ll be calling me a giant at bantamweight.”

LINK

Post #1   10/31/15 3:18:02AM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,903-2,311
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I have trouble believing the guy who was afraid to fight Diego Brando on TUF wants to fight Lineker. It seems more like a fight they made him take after turning down Uriah and others.

Post #2   10/31/15 11:44:27AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,498-1,575
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Caraway will probably end up winning, bringing great disgrace and shame to my family...as well as however much money I end up losing on Lineker. The more I want him to lose the more he steps up and wins.

Post #3   10/31/15 5:37:08PM